Quantcast
Sutherland's "knife" gesture at council meeting - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sutherland's "knife" gesture at council meeting

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Default Sutherland's "knife" gesture at council meeting

http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-...olleagues-back

City hall’s integrity commissioner has been asked to review Coun. Ward Sutherland’s behaviour after a live-stream recording appeared to show him making a “twisting a knife” gesture into the back of a female colleague during a recent public council meeting.
    I don't know which is more childish. The one who did the gesture or the one who made a big deal out of it. Should we talk to his parents?

Call me crazy, but I don't see a knife gesture? Looks to me like it was more of a key or opening a door?

Regardless, awesome to see our city council continue to be useless.

Could be a key turning but the head flop simulating death afterwards say knife to me.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

could careless about the knife thing, but man what's with these paid dudes just sitting on their phones and just about having their feet up on the desk... Pokemon Go-ing?

Default Re: Sutherland's "knife" gesture at council meeting

Originally posted by lilmira http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-...olleagues-back

I don't know which is more childish. The one who did the gesture or the people who are making a big deal out of it. Should we talk to his parents?
    Fixed.

I follow Ward fairly closely. He seems to be one of the more useful and informed councillors.

My Ride
    Silverado

I wouldn't stab her in the back. you'd miss getting to see her reaction.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by Brent.ff
    could careless about the knife thing, but man what's with these paid dudes just sitting on their phones and just about having their feet up on the desk... Pokemon Go-ing?
    Yeah it looks extremely professional that's for sure

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    I saw the video and frankly I laughed, which I am pretty sure was the intended result

He looked extremely bored listening to her drone on about something mundane. The gesture looked like he was stabbing himself in boredom, similar to when people gesture to blown their brains out with a finger gun

I agree...but I am also waiting for farrels passionate emotional response calling for him to step down as a result.
    2011 Ram 1500 QC Sport
    2017 Jeep Cherokee Limited

I have been out of the corporate world for almost ten years now but when I was in that world it was considered very inappropriate to be using any sort of device to do whatever on the Internet while in a meeting. This included email, surfing or whatever.

It does seem that times have changed as both Nenshi and Chabot have been seen on their smart phones during council meetings. Feet up on the desk, like wtf. Part of their job as being in city council is to attend meeting and I should expect that attendance should be done with some semblance of proper meeting etiquette - feet up on the desk or almost is not proper meeting etiquette to me.

These council members need to rethink their commitment to the job they've been elected to - if it bores them so much so that they can not show an active interest in what's going on in the meetings they're attending then maybe they just shouldn't be there.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

But Nenshi NEEDS to be able to get into Twitter wars at any time of the day. Even letting someone call him out for the length of a council meeting is unacceptable.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

2 term limits - get these clowns out. SO many city councils suffer from years of personell conflicts and get nothing done as a result. Shit like this makes the news rather than what the council ACTUALLY got accomplished.

Both parties are clowns. One needs to grow up one needs to shut up.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 05:49 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Druh's so hot.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by revelations
    2 term limits - get these clowns out. SO many city councils suffer from years of personell conflicts and get nothing done as a result. Shit like this makes the news rather than what the council ACTUALLY got accomplished.

For the media to report on what city council has gotten accomplished, they would need to first need to accomplish something meaningful.

From the last little while, all I can recall is the story about Nenshi funneling his fundraising through the city for tax receipts, the next tax hike being higher than we were told (not a shock), council saying that the Green Line would be phased (not news, they have known since last year), Nenshi shooting down a proposal that would force he and his colleagues to pay attention and now this.

I'd say that has changed quite a bit over the last decade. When I first started, it was consider inappropriate. However, not really anymore, most meeting I go into have people surfing on phones unless the discussion specifically involves them. Usually the upper management guys are doing it the most.
    [QUOTE]

On the job I just finished, this was cracked down on a lot. Mind you, we were in the construction/commissioning/start-up phase, so there was nearly 100% chance someone else was going something that impacted you in some way.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Originally posted by revelations

FWIW, I believe Ward Sutherland has campaigned in the past on initiating term limits. I can't remember if it was 2 or 3.

My Ride
    '16 Golf TSI

Never occurred to me it was a knife thing. Looks to me like he's winding up an old talking toy doll. Like she won't bloody shut up.

Kind of related: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles - Chatty Kathy

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Originally posted by acedia
    Never occurred to me it was a knife thing. Looks to me like he's winding up an old talking toy doll. Like she won't bloody shut up.

Kind of related: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles - Chatty Kathy

regardless sill funny
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

I'd say that has changed quite a bit over the last decade. When I first started, it was consider inappropriate. However, not really anymore, most meeting I go into have people surfing on phones unless the discussion specifically involves them. Usually the upper management guys are doing it the most.
    I have noticed in just the last 5 years with an increased focus by a lot of companies on introducing standardized practices/sign off procedures the number of meetings where many of the attendees really don't need to be there is increasing. Cell phone usage in meetings seems to be increasing at the same rate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast