Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > Where to search for used cars these days...

Author
Thread
Sonic

What I drive: Infinitis and Nissans
Posts/Day: 0.50
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

Where to search for used cars these days... quote:

Besides Kijiji and Autotrader and here...where in Calgary are people posting used cars?

The only other place I can think of is facebook groups but when I briefly joined one last year it was all garbage cars, Northeast specials and $500 beaters that sort of thing...

So just curious, where else can I look and what is popular these days....names of specific facebook groups would help too.

If it helps I'm looking in the $10-20,000 range, between 7-15 years old. Seems kijiji isn't as active as it used to be, maybe because people are getting more and more frustrated with all the curbers, scammers, and dealers?

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-15-2017 06:02 PM
Sonic is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Sonic Click here to Send Sonic a Private Message Find more posts by Sonic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

G-ZUS
Fourth Gear

What I drive: Blue boy
Posts/Day: 1.22
Trader Rating: (124)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

forums for the kind of car you are looking for?

Old Post 05-15-2017 06:22 PM
G-ZUS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G-ZUS Click here to Send G-ZUS a Private Message Find more posts by G-ZUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
03ozwhip
Fourth Gear

What I drive: changes every year
Posts/Day: 0.98
Trader Rating: (29)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

edit: ok I looked in Alberta there are 1000 results. expand your scope from just calgary to find the right car.

Last edited by 03ozwhip on 05-15-2017 at 06:28 PM

Old Post 05-15-2017 06:24 PM
03ozwhip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 03ozwhip Click here to Send 03ozwhip a Private Message Find more posts by 03ozwhip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tonytiger55

What I drive: Old Honda
Posts/Day: 0.22

quote:

Any specifics Brands, styles and engines sizes of what your looking for..?

Like 03ozwhip posted. I look outside of Calgary, I looker at dealership sites too.

Old Post 05-15-2017 07:02 PM
tonytiger55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tonytiger55 Click here to Send tonytiger55 a Private Message Find more posts by tonytiger55 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonic

quote:

Originally posted by G-ZUS
forums for the kind of car you are looking for?

Hmm haven't thought of this one, thanks!

Ya I'm looking for a 2008-2010ish BMW 135 in gray with the brushed aluminum trim interior, so I'm going very specific, tried expanding search to across the country on kijiji but not much luck...

One thing that has occurred to me is that I know in Vancouver, kijiji is not popular for cars, so this may be true for other cities as well...

What if I find one in the US, how much extra $$ ballpark would I be looking at in bringing it up here and registering it in AB?

Old Post 05-15-2017 07:19 PM
Sonic is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Sonic Click here to Send Sonic a Private Message Find more posts by Sonic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
benz_890
First Gear

What I drive: VTAKK
Posts/Day: 0.15
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

If you find one in grey, you can always swap over the interior trim after - it's super easy to do.

Have you tried asking on the Alberta Bmw classifieds group on Facebook? Calgary BMW Marketplace?

Old Post 05-15-2017 07:24 PM
benz_890 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for benz_890 Click here to Send benz_890 a Private Message Find more posts by benz_890 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tik-Tok
Cowboy Hunter

What I drive: Japanese functionality, Swedish style.
Posts/Day: 1.54
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

I've heard ezcarsandtrucks hasn't had any BBB complaints

With an awesome video like this, how could you go wrong?

Old Post 05-15-2017 07:24 PM
Tik-Tok is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tik-Tok Click here to Send Tik-Tok a Private Message Find more posts by Tik-Tok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NoPulp
First Gear

What I drive: 1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 2004 Mustang GT
Posts/Day: 0.92

quote:

Kijiji (province wide), autotrader (province wide), beyond and occasionally dealer sites are all I look at.
Outside of Alberta, many people use craigslist. I find it difficult to use compared to kijiji and just stick with kijiji/autotrader in canada.

General Facebook classifieds are horrible, drive me insane. It's only really worth look at very specific groups to find what you're looking for, but even then its an enthusiast page so things are either overpriced or sold instantly.

1994 Mustang - 4.2 V6 swap w/M112 Supercharger Build Thread
2004 Mustang GT - Track Build Thread

Last edited by NoPulp on 05-15-2017 at 07:27 PM

Old Post 05-15-2017 07:25 PM
NoPulp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NoPulp Click here to Send NoPulp a Private Message Find more posts by NoPulp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G-ZUS
Fourth Gear

What I drive: Blue boy
Posts/Day: 1.22
Trader Rating: (124)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Old Post 05-15-2017 07:27 PM
G-ZUS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G-ZUS Click here to Send G-ZUS a Private Message Find more posts by G-ZUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonic

quote:

Originally posted by benz_890
If you find one in grey, you can always swap over the interior trim after - it's super easy to do.

Have you tried asking on the Alberta Bmw classifieds group on Facebook? Calgary BMW Marketplace?

True....tons of 128's in gray, damn, might have to settle for black or white, even silver is hard to find.

Thanks, I'll have to check out those facebook pages...was really hoping to never have to sign up for facebook ever again.

Old Post 05-15-2017 07:33 PM
ndhal417

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.01

quote:

Originally posted by Sonic

Hmm haven't thought of this one, thanks!

Ya I'm looking for a 2008-2010ish BMW 135 in gray with the brushed aluminum trim interior, so I'm going very specific, tried expanding search to across the country on kijiji but not much luck...

One thing that has occurred to me is that I know in Vancouver, kijiji is not popular for cars, so this may be true for other cities as well...

What if I find one in the US, how much extra $$ ballpark would I be looking at in bringing it up here and registering it in AB?

Use craigslist for Vancouver
https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/sea..._model=bmw+135i

Old Post 05-15-2017 07:57 PM
ndhal417 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ndhal417 Click here to Send ndhal417 a Private Message Find more posts by ndhal417 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: A moving pylon
Posts/Day: 2.08
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 155%

quote:

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Wait... is that somebody making fun of ezcarsandtrucks, or is James actually this retarded?

Old Post 05-15-2017 08:21 PM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ducaudi

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.04

quote:

Need the PROOVE!!!

Old Post 05-15-2017 08:34 PM
ducaudi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ducaudi Click here to Send ducaudi a Private Message Find more posts by ducaudi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwslam
Second Gear

What I drive: is easy to spot
Posts/Day: 0.44
Trader Rating: (61)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Wait... is that somebody making fun of ezcarsandtrucks, or is James actually this retarded?

The video says it's posted by James

Old Post 05-15-2017 08:35 PM
jwslam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jwslam Click here to Send jwslam a Private Message Find more posts by jwslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonic

quote:

Originally posted by ndhal417

Use craigslist for Vancouver
https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/sea..._model=bmw+135i

Awesome thanks! The first one is actually gray...

Old Post 05-15-2017 08:49 PM
Sonic

quote:

Okay, here's a new question, never done this before, what would be the process of buying a car in Vancouver?

Can I just go there with one of my license plates and slap it on and drive it back (making sure my insurance company covers me in BC of course)..? Just bring it back and put it through an OPP?

I'd imagine if I get stopped in BC, I'll just show them the bill of sale and my AB plate papers and tell them I'm headed straight back to AB and I'll be fine?

Old Post 05-15-2017 09:03 PM
Maxx Mazda
First Gear

What I drive: Protege 5 Turbo / Ecoboost FX4
Posts/Day: 0.18
User Rating: 92%

quote:

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

James is as retarded as it gets....

Old Post 05-16-2017 01:26 AM
Maxx Mazda is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maxx Mazda Click here to Send Maxx Mazda a Private Message Find more posts by Maxx Mazda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thetransporter
First Gear

What I drive: acura TYPE A
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

calgary.cragslist.org
and www.calgaryfinder.com

sometimes calgarysun maybe a few rare cars

Old Post 05-21-2017 07:24 AM
thetransporter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thetransporter Click here to Send thetransporter a Private Message Find more posts by thetransporter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cjblair
Second Gear

What I drive: Jap V8
Posts/Day: 0.53
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Originally posted by Sonic
Okay, here's a new question, never done this before, what would be the process of buying a car in Vancouver?

Can I just go there with one of my license plates and slap it on and drive it back (making sure my insurance company covers me in BC of course)..? Just bring it back and put it through an OPP?

I'd imagine if I get stopped in BC, I'll just show them the bill of sale and my AB plate papers and tell them I'm headed straight back to AB and I'll be fine?

Yes, almost. If you really want to cover all your bases, you'll get a transit permit from an AB registry, not just put on any old plate. That's the actual right way to do it, and they're cheap. (anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

Old Post 05-21-2017 08:12 AM
cjblair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cjblair Click here to Send cjblair a Private Message Find more posts by cjblair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 06:06 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > General Car/Bike Talk > Where to search for used cars these days...

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: