Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Entertainment > RIP Chris Cornell

Author
Thread
blueToy

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

Unhappy RIP Chris Cornell quote:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/18/...arden.html?_r=0

Sad to wake up to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=725iONdAu9Q

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-18-2017 12:51 PM
blueToy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueToy Click here to Send blueToy a Private Message Find more posts by blueToy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

FixedGear
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.19
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Wow, too young for sure.

Old Post 05-18-2017 01:04 PM
FixedGear is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FixedGear Click here to Send FixedGear a Private Message Find more posts by FixedGear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
firebane
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.57
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

fuck you world.

Old Post 05-18-2017 01:13 PM
firebane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for firebane Click here to Send firebane a Private Message Find more posts by firebane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The_Penguin
Neutral

What I drive: '10 CTS
Posts/Day: 0.11

quote:

Damn. RIP.

Old Post 05-18-2017 01:41 PM
The_Penguin is online now Click Here to See the Profile for The_Penguin Click here to Send The_Penguin a Private Message Find more posts by The_Penguin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bourge73
First Gear

What I drive: The Planet Car, Expedition, Maxima
Posts/Day: 0.27
Trader Rating: (35)

quote:

I am going to cry. Anything behind the final song of their show last night?
Heard they played "In my time of Dying" by Zep......

A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

Old Post 05-18-2017 01:43 PM
bourge73 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bourge73 Click here to Send bourge73 a Private Message Find more posts by bourge73 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SportEL
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.16
Trader Rating: (24)

quote:

What a surprise. Probably the best voice in Rock. So many good songs. I was just practicing Outshined 2 days ago.

Old Post 05-18-2017 02:14 PM
SportEL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SportEL Click here to Send SportEL a Private Message Find more posts by SportEL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
03ozwhip
Fourth Gear

What I drive: changes every year
Posts/Day: 0.98
Trader Rating: (29)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

where I grew up and went to school in the early 90s, listening to this kind of music, you were a loser. I heard black hole sun and spoonman and I was hooked and didn't care who knew about it.

to this day, black hole sun is still one of my all time favorites. Chris Cornell is an icon and it's sad to know he won't be making any new music.

Old Post 05-18-2017 02:14 PM
03ozwhip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 03ozwhip Click here to Send 03ozwhip a Private Message Find more posts by 03ozwhip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lilmira
Second Gear

What I drive: The SHBARUS
Posts/Day: 0.51

quote:

too soon, RIP

Old Post 05-18-2017 02:29 PM
lilmira is online now Click Here to See the Profile for lilmira Click here to Send lilmira a Private Message Find more posts by lilmira Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
legendboy
AMG Killer

What I drive: 6.7 CUMMINS
Posts/Day: 0.84
Trader Rating: (28)

quote:

as a child of grunge this makes me sad. i was really looking forward to seeing him play. amazing person and songwriter

so just vetter left from the big 4. better go see pearl jam next time they come!

https:[email protected]

Old Post 05-18-2017 02:40 PM
legendboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for legendboy Click here to Send legendboy a Private Message Find more posts by legendboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
R154
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.27
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

This news made me so incredibly sad when I heard it on the drive to work. Tyler on X was undeniably broken up about it.

I really like audioslave.

RIP Sir.

Originally posted by ZenOps
I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

Old Post 05-18-2017 02:46 PM
R154 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for R154 Click here to Send R154 a Private Message Find more posts by R154 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buster
First Gear

What I drive: 2012 CTS-V Wagon, 2012 GL350
Posts/Day: 0.13
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Old Post 05-18-2017 03:05 PM
Buster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Buster Click here to Send Buster a Private Message Find more posts by Buster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hallowed_point
Third Gear

What I drive: J35Y2
Posts/Day: 1.26

quote:

RIP.. A legend from grunge era without a doubt.

Old Post 05-18-2017 03:11 PM
Hallowed_point is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hallowed_point Click here to Send Hallowed_point a Private Message Find more posts by Hallowed_point Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kloubek
Fourth Gear

What I drive: A vehicle or two
Posts/Day: 1.14
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Pretty crappy. A lot of solid music came from this man.

Apparent suicide eh? Makes it all that much worse...

Originally posted by A790 10/10, would let Jeff in my mouth again.

Old Post 05-18-2017 03:16 PM
Kloubek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kloubek Click here to Send Kloubek a Private Message Find more posts by Kloubek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
idriveabox
Neutral

What I drive: '14 Audi A4/Element
Posts/Day: 0.04
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

RIP. Iconic voice and songwriter. Regret not seeing his solo act last time around.

Old Post 05-18-2017 03:16 PM
idriveabox is offline Click Here to See the Profile for idriveabox Click here to Send idriveabox a Private Message Find more posts by idriveabox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msommers
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 10' 4Runner SR5
Posts/Day: 1.39
Trader Rating: (44)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by Buster

Incredible! I had not heard this before.

Oh man, this news makes me so sad

Last edited by msommers on 05-18-2017 at 03:25 PM

Old Post 05-18-2017 03:17 PM
msommers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msommers Click here to Send msommers a Private Message Find more posts by msommers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trevh

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02
User Rating: 97%

quote:

this actually hurts! Chris- one of the best. Going camping today, we will play a long list of his hits all day.

Old Post 05-18-2017 03:25 PM
trevh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trevh Click here to Send trevh a Private Message Find more posts by trevh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
firebane
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.57

quote:

Originally posted by legendboy
as a child of grunge this makes me sad. i was really looking forward to seeing him play. amazing person and songwriter

so just vetter left from the big 4. better go see pearl jam next time they come!

Big 4?

Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, Dave Grohl, Chris Cornell, Andrew Wood (Mother Love Bone)

There was a lot of big names from the grunge era that I would consider big.

Old Post 05-18-2017 03:45 PM
firebane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for firebane Click here to Send firebane a Private Message Find more posts by firebane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
01RedDX
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (22)

quote:

Cobain, Staley, Weiland and now, Cornell. Badmotorfinger, Superunknown, Down on the Upside, these albums helped to define the 90's and were a huge part of my youth.

Yup, pretty much just Vedder left as the biggest part of that movement now.

Old Post 05-18-2017 04:15 PM
01RedDX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 01RedDX Click here to Send 01RedDX a Private Message Find more posts by 01RedDX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: A moving pylon
Posts/Day: 2.08
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 155%

quote:

I was literally just telling my coworker about who Chris Cornell was (we were talking about James Bond songs) like 5 minutes ago and then I read this

I just feel in shock and disbelief right now, this was by far one of my long time favorite singers of all time... perhaps one of the most distinctive and talented voices of our time

Originally posted by 01RedDX

Originally posted by BigMass
Mike Patton is still around.

So is David Grohl

Although now I am a bit worried this is the fate of all 90's grunge band singers. I really thought we had decades to enjoy new music and opportunities to see him play live coming from Cornell.

Last edited by Sugarphreak on 05-18-2017 at 06:07 PM

Old Post 05-18-2017 05:54 PM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigMass
Second Gear

Posts/Day: 0.26

quote:

Originally posted by 01RedDX
Cobain, Staley, Weiland and now, Cornell. Badmotorfinger, Superunknown, Down on the Upside, these albums helped to define the 90's and were a huge part of my youth.

Mike Patton is still around.

RIP Chris Cornell. Just crazy.

Old Post 05-18-2017 05:58 PM
BigMass is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigMass Click here to Send BigMass a Private Message Find more posts by BigMass Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 04:08 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Entertainment > RIP Chris Cornell

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: