Quantcast
Property line question - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Property line question

My Ride
    4x4

Default Property line question

I hate neighbours.

Ok so semi attached house - The front garages attach, but 8' space between dwellings.

They've got a gate that latches on their side. Their kids use it to access my yard. (kids play whatever) Issue is the kids play - its left open, their front gate is about 2' off the ground and doesn't latch - my dogs escape through their yard. its happening 2-3x per week now that summer has arrived.

It's been discussed ad nauseum. Said they'd get a lock. I asked combo or key - and handed them both. Then she started griping that it's an emergency exit (into my yard? really?)

Today I got pissy - after rounding 2 dogs up off a major roadway. And threw 4 screws in it. She called the police. Apparently "when you lock it I'll unscrew it" wasn't the right answer

So, I have two choices - I throw a 4x5'3 panel in and block my access to this area (no ducks given - nothing to access for me in that space).

On the other hand - If I extend the fence proper up to the garage - their a/c unit is on the property line and will have to be moved, I suppose I could be nice and tweak the line to miss it, but then they have no ability to access all their utility vents without climbing over their A/C.

If I go with the latter - which i'm really temped to do - do I run into easement issues? Do semi attached houses typically have agreements in regards to that area between the houses?

Thoughts? Other than yup andy's an asshole.

Shit like this wouldn't happen if you lived in the big city, just saying.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    4x4

Hahaha do you not remember my war with the econuts?

Do you have your property report? Personally I'd try and build whatever fence I could on my side. I wouldn't want my pets road-meat because of someone else's negligence. Would a spring actuated closure on the gate and fixing their gate's bottem be the simpler, cheaper, more neighbourly fix?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Fuck them. They didnt want to do it nicely at first, and they overreacted with the cops on the second solution. Extend the fence and tell them they have x amount of days to figure out their a.c. problem.

You have real reasons why this needs to get done and they havent liked your solutions. You do what ya gotta do. Yes, you'll have a shorty relationship with you but judging by calling the cops instead of being civil, they don't really care and neither should you.