Quantcast
2010/11 UC Engg - Page 21 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010/11 UC Engg

Anyone have ENEL 453 and ENEL 441 roadmaps?
    Damn +44411's

Originally posted by dirtsniffer
    gl with the midterm
    Is it really that hard?

Originally posted by D911

Sidenote: I've been advised that I should get roadmaps for my lab courses. I just transferred from MRU to the UofC so I know no one in this school to help with this.

If anyone could help me with a roadmap for ENGG201 and PHYS369 I would be incredibly grateful, I could get you a case of beer or some sort of payment for it even
    I was at MRU as well, but why didn't you take CHEM 2210 with Ken Cummins? That course is such a joke compared to ENGG 201 that if UofC ever found out about it, I'm pretty certain they'd stop giving transfer credit for it.

My Ride
    01 TDI

Originally posted by WithTheLightsOn

I was at MRU as well, but why didn't you take CHEM 2210 with Ken Cummins? That course is such a joke compared to ENGG 201 that if UofC ever found out about it, I'm pretty certain they'd stop giving transfer credit for it.
    I was going to do 2210 in the spring so that I could relax a little in second semester. But I acquired a summer job with an O&G company which kinda hampered that idea.

Oddly though, Ken seemed to give the 2210 class a lot of trouble that particular semester. The first midterm was apparently easy as shit, people acing it left and right, but then the 2nd midterm was unreasonably difficult with even the smart kids unable to crack 80s.
    Seemed like a pretty dodgy course that semester, somewhat glad i didnt take it, somewhat not glad, coming from MRU i seriously feel borderline retarded doing lab reports.

I was in that class last winter and yeah the first midterm was a joke, something like a 88% average stuff and 5 nearly identical questions in a row. The second midterm was a bit harder, but I don't think it was unreasonable although I know some that would disagree. It's just that everyone figured that class was a joke and stopped going to lectures, tutorials, or doing any work. I know this because I was one of those people, until about a week before the second midterm I realized I was clueless about the new material and needed to catch up so I ended up doing well on the second midterm, while the class as a whole fucked up badly (something like a 35% average). Many ended up dropping the class even after they curved that midterm.
    The only thing that was really challenging about that class is that the tests had a lot of questions so doing well boiled down to how well you could do in a calculator race. Pretty much all of the questions in our exams came from the lab/tutorial manual (which we had access to in our exams) only with different numbers.

Also, the fact that they didn't require any lab write-ups is also a reason why I think that class was a joke, which was also sad because those experiments were generally quite interesting and Kumudu was a great instructor. It's hard to put any effort when you only get marked for attendance ( ) and have to write a stupid and easy lab exam worth 25% of the grade at the end of the course. So yeah I can definitely understand why you feel in trouble with the labs right now. I was lucky to have taken a few courses with lab write-ups before switching to engineering so I get the gist, but I know a few that transferred from MRU that feel they're in the same position as you. My advice would be to put your best effort and not worry too much if you don't do well in your first or second lab, but then get as much feedback from your TAs to figure out what you're expected to do. Eventually it will click and it will be much easier.

PS: It's 2:32 AM, and I have class at 8 AM.
    Last edited by WithTheLightsOn; 09-28-2011 at 02:32 AM.

My Ride
    Silverado

Originally posted by WithTheLightsOn

Is it really that hard?
    historically yes.

historically yes.

worst midterm that semester for my year was thermodynamics.

Class avg was 28.9%

at least 319 was like... 60ish, but I slapped that one in the face anyways

My Ride
    Silverado

haha oh ya, forgot about that one. 30% for my class too, all the civil kids brought the average down.
    for 319 our average was around 40

Originally posted by colinxx235

Dude I haven't heard of a "road map" for a University course in my life. You could not be a dbag and just explain it.

Originally posted by Disoblige

A document or plan setting out the procedure for achieving a goal.
    Thanks but could you be a bit more specific aha.
    Last edited by GordonGekko; 09-28-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Originally posted by GordonGekko

Dude I haven't heard of a "road map" for a University course in my life. You could not be a dbag and just explain it.

Thanks but could you be a bit more specific aha.

Sorry, just doesn't seem like a good start to your schooling.

I also figured the term "roadmap" seems VERY self-explanatory...

It is also mentioned probably 25+ times in this thread, people asking for them.

Essentially someones labs/assignments/work from a previous semester. As U of C Engg is far too lazy to change up lab manuals, so you can copy the theory and know what is expected to get 95+% on each lab. not to mention it saves you hours of work in certain courses.

historically yes.
    Oh well. At least I have a slack semester right now so no matter what it won't be too bad.

Has anyone here ever had a prof apologize to the class for giving a stupid test? It happened to us today in 337 with Pieper. And yeah it was the most retarded and pointless quiz I've ever taken, though I still aced it

My Ride
    2012 Impreza

Nice to see another classmate on Beyond haha.
    And yes that quiz was retarded.

Well in that case who has an ENGG 201 roadmap? . I'll be sure to keep all of my stuff for those interested in next years ENGG class.

Anyone ever work for Apache as a summer student/intern? I have interview with them in a couple weeks just curious if anyone has any past experiences with them. Never heard of them until I applied. Are they considered a decent company to work for? Also, what should I wear to a summer student interview? I was thinking slacks w/ decent dress shirt + maybe a tie.
    Last edited by GordonGekko; 10-08-2011 at 05:12 PM.

My Ride
    Calgary Transit

harsha k.

M Engg. grad student
    Petroleum Engineering
    Last edited by bigeagle; 10-11-2011 at 07:58 PM.

Also, what should I wear to a summer student interview? I was thinking slacks w/ decent dress shirt + maybe a tie.
    That works. Or just dress pants and dress shirt is standard for engg

My Ride
    01 TDI

Anyone ever work for Apache as a summer student/intern? I have interview with them in a couple weeks just curious if anyone has any past experiences with them. Never heard of them until I applied. Are they considered a decent company to work for? Also, what should I wear to a summer student interview? I was thinking slacks w/ decent dress shirt + maybe a tie.
    I know a couple of people who worked for them last summer.
    Apache is a fairly largish company, cant say if they're "good" or not to work for. the Two people who i know that worked for them as summer students seemed to enjoy themselves.

Funny thing, they both had titles as field summer students, one ended up doing a lot of computer/office work looking through files to find info on a really specific thing for the wells, and the other guy had his own run and pretty much operated for the 4 months.

Tie might be going overboard, I'd do pants/shirt max personally...its just summer student work, not a full on internship or anything.

My Ride
    93' civic, honda for lyfe!!

do any of you have roadmaps for ENMF 503 (CAD + CNC) ??

please let me know, really appreciate it !
    Originally posted by 89s1
    I leave the safety off the gun stuffed in my belt. I'm not worried about shotting off one of my balls. I got a spare.

My Ride
    TL

anyone have any past assignments/midterms for enpe 571 w/ gates?

My Ride
    10 WRX

Originally posted by dandia89
    anyone have any past assignments/midterms for enpe 571 w/ gates?
    +1... also looking.

My Ride
    E46

I hate physics so much.
    Why the hell are some departments required to take it again in 2nd year!

TL

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 ... LastLast