Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Sports, Health & Fitness > 2016-2017 NBA Thread

Author
Thread
bruceod
First Gear

What I drive: Has wheels
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by colinxx235

Those are just some of the reasons that analysts drool over him. Add in his team first attitude and everything else he brings, no brainer. I'm sure if you asked all the GMs/Coaches out there if they could pick one player in the league to start a team around for the next 10 seasons he would be in the top (LBJ is too old for this hypothetical).

Besides Lenoard, who else do you think GM/coaches would want to pick? Your top 5 individuals to pick from?

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-21-2017 06:27 PM
bruceod is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bruceod Click here to Send bruceod a Private Message Find more posts by bruceod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Type_S1
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.16
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Originally posted by colinxx235

I find it very interesting that you make a statement that if you don't give it to Westbrook that someone doesn't watch or know basketball. But then you make a statement disregarding Leonard as a top 5 while stating fantasy stats.

I would say anyone who watches/knows basketball is aware that Leonard is arguably/probably the 2nd best player in the league (behind LBJ who I can't stand). The guy was the 15/16 DPOY, and will finish top 3 in votes for 2017. Just based upon his defensive talents alone would put him around top 5. And then add in his offence...Up until the last month when he had a few off games he was shooting .500/.400/.900 which is an amazing line.
The guy also only averaged 1.6 fouls/game and 2.08 turnovers.
His overall efficiency and contributions to the Spurs are incredible.
He 9th in Pts/Game while playing 3-4minutes less than AD/Harden/LBJ/Lillard etc...

Those are just some of the reasons that analysts drool over him. Add in his team first attitude and everything else he brings, no brainer. I'm sure if you asked all the GMs/Coaches out there if they could pick one player in the league to start a team around for the next 10 seasons he would be in the top (LBJ is too old for this hypothetical).

I'm not saying he's not one of the best players and I wasn't quoting fantasy I just made the statement he wasn't a top 5 real or fantasy (as in looking at stats alone) player this year. For MVP you ask who helped his team the most get to where they are...the guys I named were more important getting their team in playoffs then Leonard in my opinion and more valuable to their teams. I would still take LBJ, Westbrook, Curry, Harden, Durant and Giannis before him if I was choosing a franchise player.

Old Post 04-21-2017 08:16 PM
Type_S1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Type_S1 Click here to Send Type_S1 a Private Message Find more posts by Type_S1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sexualbanana
Second Gear

What I drive: Altima Se-R
Posts/Day: 0.39
Trader Rating: (7)

quote:

Originally posted by bruceod
Bucks are a scary team and a scary team for years to come because of their collective length. Middleton and the Greek are amazing.

I was saying that when they drafted Maker last year (except I've had to swap out MCW and Parker).

A Maker-Giannis-Snell-Middleton-Brogdon lineup means there's 35 feet of arm spanning a 50-foot court with Brogdon having the shortest wingspan at 6'10.5"!

Those are some tight passing windows.

Old Post 04-21-2017 08:27 PM
sexualbanana is online now Click Here to See the Profile for sexualbanana Click here to Send sexualbanana a Private Message Visit sexualbanana's homepage! Find more posts by sexualbanana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
max_boost
Beyond Bully

What I drive: nothing special :(
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (31)
User Rating: 123%

quote:

You can give Bron the MVP every year as he's good for 30 wins but is he slowing down? Getting tired? annoyed? looking for the easy way out? He still has Kyrie and Love so Bron should stfu. He showed up last night though so props.

How about co-mvp? With the way russell plays is he gonna burn out? i love the step back jumper haha totally my style vs having to blow by guys every possession

Old Post 04-22-2017 12:27 AM
max_boost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for max_boost Click here to Send max_boost a Private Message Find more posts by max_boost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
colinxx235
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.32
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Besides Lenoard, who else do you think GM/coaches would want to pick? Your top 5 individuals to pick from?

That would be a tough one, heck even a 10 year window is probably too long, maybe chunk it to 6-8.

But the 5 guys aside from Leonard would be Davis, Westbrook, Harden, Lillard, and then I would have a tough time choosing between the Greek, Butler, Porzingis,

I'm clearly on a completely different page than Type though. Hard to say where the spurs would land without Leonard but sure as hell wouldn't be 2nd in the west.

Old Post 04-22-2017 09:05 PM
colinxx235 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for colinxx235 Click here to Send colinxx235 a Private Message Find more posts by colinxx235 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sexualbanana
Second Gear

quote:

2 more years of Demarre Carroll.

Old Post 04-22-2017 10:52 PM
sexualbanana is online now Click Here to See the Profile for sexualbanana Click here to Send sexualbanana a Private Message Visit sexualbanana's homepage! Find more posts by sexualbanana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bruceod
First Gear

quote:

That's why I had to ask, 10 years is a long time haha.
I'd add KAT, Wiggins, Wall, Embiid(health concerns though) among others for consideration. The league has a bunch of talent right now.

SB - I didn't get to watch the game since I'm on shift. Low scoring game but the Raps did win. Was it that bad?

I really wish they signed ATL Demarre Carroll though and not the player he seems to be now.

Old Post 04-22-2017 11:55 PM
bruceod is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bruceod Click here to Send bruceod a Private Message Find more posts by bruceod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sexualbanana
Second Gear

quote:

I'd add KAT, Wiggins, Wall, Embiid(health concerns though) among others for consideration. The league has a bunch of talent right now.

SB - I didn't get to watch the game since I'm on shift. Low scoring game but the Raps did win. Was it that bad?

I really wish they signed ATL Demarre Carroll though and not the player he seems to be now.

He's just too slow to guard the players he's supposed to (for a $15M a year player), his shot is unreliable at best and he's been injured more often than not.

When the Raps have better options in Tucker and Powell, there's no real reason to play Carroll anymore except for the fact that you're paying him so much.

Old Post 04-23-2017 04:44 AM
colinxx235
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.32
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Yah Wiggins/Wall would be sitting on the outskirts I just didn't want to make it a 10-15 man list.

I think Embiid is unbelievable, but from what we've seen so far his health concerns will derail what could have been an amazing career.

I'm also a big Rose fan/now a devastated fan from everything that has transpired. Would be nice to imagine how things would have gone had he never been hurt. Or that one year in the East finals vs Miami if boozer, noah, etc would have played some damn ball instead of just watching LBJ defend Rose

Old Post 04-23-2017 05:37 PM
colinxx235 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for colinxx235 Click here to Send colinxx235 a Private Message Find more posts by colinxx235 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bruceod
First Gear

quote:

Celtics And Jazz both tie their series up. Thomas has been carrying the Celtics offense all year. It's too bad he can't play D due to his size, that will continue to be the teams short coming until they address that issue.

Nice to see Gobert back on the floor, at full strength the Jazz can make a deep run.

Cavs sweep Indy. Curious if Bird blows the team up or if George forces his way out, even if he makes an all NBA team and signs that massive extension.

Houston needs just one more to wrap up the Thunder. Russ is doing Russ. Entertaining games for sure.

Old Post 04-24-2017 02:36 PM
sexualbanana
Second Gear

quote:

Celtics And Jazz both tie their series up. Thomas has been carrying the Celtics offense all year. It's too bad he can't play D due to his size, that will continue to be the teams short coming until they address that issue.

Some projections have Boston winning the draft lottery and picking up Fultz (though some say Ball), which means they'll either try to move Thomas for another pick, or he'll be dealt at the deadline next year.

Old Post 04-24-2017 04:17 PM
bruceod
First Gear

quote:

Originally posted by sexualbanana

Some projections have Boston winning the draft lottery and picking up Fultz (though some say Ball), which means they'll either try to move Thomas for another pick, or he'll be dealt at the deadline next year.

It'll be interesting to see what Boston does. There's no doubt Thomas is fantastic scorer but come playoff time, they can't hide him in a series long enough to actually be a threat to win it all.

Edit: who's the most talented 3 in the draft, Josh Jackson? They could go that route too. Regardless of what Ainge decides to do, they have "problems" that any GM would like to have.

Last edited by bruceod on 04-24-2017 at 06:55 PM

Old Post 04-24-2017 06:48 PM
The time now is 05:50 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Sports, Health & Fitness > 2016-2017 NBA Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: