Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Sports, Health & Fitness > 2016/2017 Ski and Snowboard Thread

Author
Thread
J-hop
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.38
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

The retail shop at COP/winsport has their end of season sale on right now. Check em out. Got a new helmet for 40% off.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-16-2017 09:40 PM
J-hop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-hop Click here to Send J-hop a Private Message Find more posts by J-hop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

mazdavirgin
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.05

quote:

Wawa slid again... Pretty epic slide and large crown. People seem to forget this slides pretty much every year without fail. Snowpack is very very spooky out there at the moment in the back country.

click for larger version
» Click image for larger version

Last edited by mazdavirgin on 03-20-2017 at 06:05 PM

Old Post 03-20-2017 05:25 AM
mazdavirgin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mazdavirgin Click here to Send mazdavirgin a Private Message Find more posts by mazdavirgin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D'z Nutz
Super Moderator

What I drive: Southerners out of the North
Posts/Day: 0.98
Trader Rating: (122)
User Rating: 111%

quote:

Originally posted by J-hop
The retail shop at COP/winsport has their end of season sale on right now. Check em out. Got a new helmet for 40% off.

Sweet, any idea on when the sale is until?

Edit: dropped by today. Pretty slim pickin's

Old Post 03-20-2017 05:33 AM
D'z Nutz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D'z Nutz Click here to Send D'z Nutz a Private Message Visit D'z Nutz's homepage! Find more posts by D'z Nutz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ercchry
Fifth Gear

What I drive: 79cx500 01UCF31
Posts/Day: 1.52
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by mazdavirgin
Wawa slid again... Pretty epic slide and large crown. People seem to forget this slides pretty much every year without fail. Snowpack is very very spooky out there at the moment in the back country.

[bimg]http://imgur.com/a/2JDKR

Every single fall line through roger's had multiple avalanche debris... was insane, risk out there is soooooo high.

Kicking horse's white wall slid Saturday night... and Sunday risk was so high they didn't even have the gondola running till almost 11am and majority of the terrain stayed closed

We didn't even bother skiing Sunday, Saturday was hands down the worst conditions I have ever been in anywhere at revy, was what could of been a 30cm+ storm with 50km/h winds... but it rained almost to the top of stoke

Friday was decent though, south exposures were fluff on crust but the north stuff has no crust and was solid all day, they didn't even open lemming line Thursday so it was great

Old Post 03-20-2017 03:34 PM
ercchry is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dubhead
Neutral

What I drive: 2010 S4
Posts/Day: 0.10

quote:

]

Spooky? more like terrifying... Fuze bowl sliding at KH after a full season of skier compaction while bombing other terrain scary stuff out there.

Here's a big one on 93 North

Last edited by dubhead on 03-22-2017 at 02:40 AM

Old Post 03-22-2017 02:31 AM
dubhead is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dubhead Click here to Send dubhead a Private Message Find more posts by dubhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cam_wmh
First Gear

What I drive: VW R32 Turbo
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (6)

quote:

click for larger version
» Click image for larger version

Soooooooo this!!! Stayed home this past weekend, pulling the plug when it was Considerable/High. Then it went Extreme (5*!!) across the board late last week.

Yaaaa, no.

The good news is the pack is stabilizing per Avy Canada. Anyone dig a pit recently? How did those cracks propagate & layers fail?

Originally posted by sputnik
Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

Old Post 03-22-2017 01:48 PM
cam_wmh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cam_wmh Click here to Send cam_wmh a Private Message Find more posts by cam_wmh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mazdavirgin
Neutral

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by cam_wmh
Anyone dig a pit recently? How did those cracks propagate & layers fail?

https://www.facebook.com/KCPublicSa...12516808765574/

That's a fun one...

Old Post 03-22-2017 04:47 PM
mazdavirgin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mazdavirgin Click here to Send mazdavirgin a Private Message Find more posts by mazdavirgin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
R-Audi
Second Gear

What I drive: GX470
Posts/Day: 0.42
Trader Rating: (25)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

If anyone is headed to Panorama in the next few weekends, I have a Snow card that I was only able to use once (first 3 free) I would sell it at a heavily discounted rate...

Old Post 03-22-2017 06:15 PM
R-Audi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for R-Audi Click here to Send R-Audi a Private Message Find more posts by R-Audi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BavarianBeast
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.51
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Looking at either screwing off to vegas this weekend or heading out on a ski trip.

Where are the conditions best in Western Canada/US right now?

Cheers.

Old Post 03-22-2017 07:25 PM
BavarianBeast is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BavarianBeast Click here to Send BavarianBeast a Private Message Find more posts by BavarianBeast Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-hop
First Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Rode COP tonight, what a riot. 13 degrees, was sweating on my first ride up the chair with just my shell and a tshirt on. Super soft landings on all the jumps.

Old Post 03-23-2017 04:47 AM
J-hop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-hop Click here to Send J-hop a Private Message Find more posts by J-hop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smokem
Neutral

Trader Rating: (81)

quote:

Question for all you folks: any issues selling/lending registered Sunshine Marmot cards to friends for their use? We're done for the year so no need for them, hoping to help others put the discounts/free days to use. I know they used to have kiosks but didn't see them last time.

Old Post 03-23-2017 07:57 PM
Smokem is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smokem Click here to Send Smokem a Private Message Find more posts by Smokem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mazdavirgin
Neutral

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by Smokem
Question for all you folks: any issues selling/lending registered Sunshine Marmot cards to friends for their use? We're done for the year so no need for them, hoping to help others put the discounts/free days to use. I know they used to have kiosks but didn't see them last time.

I wouldn't sell them since they are registered in your name and they can refuse to honor the card if the names don't match up or ask for ID. They don't have kiosks anymore so that avenue is out. I've given them away before and most of the time they don't check but I wouldn't feel right selling it to someone who then couldn't use what they paid for...

Old Post 03-23-2017 08:18 PM
J-hop
First Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Anyone know when the early bird COP passes go on sale?

Old Post 03-23-2017 11:01 PM
mazdavirgin
Neutral

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by J-hop
Anyone know when the early bird COP passes go on sale?

Usually right after they close for the season. So probably mid april.

Old Post 03-24-2017 01:56 AM
J-hop
First Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Usually right after they close for the season. So probably mid april.

Thanks man, will keep an eye out. Paid off my full price pass this year but would love to get a bit of a discount!

Old Post 03-24-2017 04:22 AM
The time now is 02:48 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Sports, Health & Fitness > 2016/2017 Ski and Snowboard Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: