Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Sports, Health & Fitness > 2017 Golf Thread

Author
Thread
npham
First Gear

What I drive: 2018 Allroad to replace 2011 A3 TDI, MK7 Golf R
Posts/Day: 0.18
Trader Rating: (18)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by lasimmon
Looking to play this weekend.

Any courses open that are worth playing?

Pretty much everything is open.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-19-2017 08:40 PM
npham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for npham Click here to Send npham a Private Message Find more posts by npham Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

colinxx235
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.32
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Originally posted by killramos

I'm debating with an m2 or a cobra right now and will probably go with last years in either case. Might give a used club from one of the traders a try.

So far (1 round) I am not playing well enough to reward myself haha. No worse than end of last season though which is a small victory.

Npham might have a cheap lightly used M2 for sale pretty soon here
The cobras are nice, and honestly if you want something super forgiving definitely give the pings a lookover (cheaper also)

Old Post 04-19-2017 10:20 PM
colinxx235 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for colinxx235 Click here to Send colinxx235 a Private Message Find more posts by colinxx235 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cjblair
Second Gear

What I drive: Jap V8
Posts/Day: 0.53
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Nam, are you suckin it with that new driver?!

I might need to take that head off your hands.

Old Post 04-20-2017 03:53 AM
cjblair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cjblair Click here to Send cjblair a Private Message Find more posts by cjblair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
npham
First Gear

quote:

I haven't had a chance to play it(much)! There was a rattle, so I had to get that sorted out first. It's an M1, not an M2!

Old Post 04-20-2017 05:38 PM
npham is offline Click Here to See the Profile for npham Click here to Send npham a Private Message Find more posts by npham Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roopi
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.31
Trader Rating: (49)
User Rating: 237%

quote:

Originally posted by npham
I haven't had a chance to play it(much)! There was a rattle, so I had to get that sorted out first. It's an M1, not an M2!

Did you ever play the SLDR? If so how does it compare?

I'm a fan of Taylor Made drivers but really hated the SLDR and have been considering the M1/M2.

Old Post 04-20-2017 05:46 PM
roopi is online now Click Here to See the Profile for roopi Click here to Send roopi a Private Message Find more posts by roopi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
npham
First Gear

quote:

Originally posted by roopi

Did you ever play the SLDR? If so how does it compare?

I'm a fan of Taylor Made drivers but really hated the SLDR and have been considering the M1/M2.

Played the SLDR 430 for a season or so. It was a bomber, but the mishits were way too punishing. The M1 is a nice upgrade on that that driver. You still get the long ones, but the mishits aren't nearly as bad. I've hit quite a few bad shots with the M1 that still went 250-270 yards. You really need a fitting though, because it's low spinning and finding the right shaft is going to make a world of difference.

Old Post 04-20-2017 06:01 PM
colinxx235
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.32
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Originally posted by cjblair
Nam, are you suckin it with that new driver?!

I might need to take that head off your hands.

She's a dirty pirate hooker (hooking?) M1 (not M2... my bad)

I feel if he offloaded every club he wasnt happy with this season he'd only be left with a few irons

We have also played in some pretty windy conditions for the most part, and a bit colder. The elbow side is extremely wet also, lots of tough wedges if you land in the wrong area.

Old Post 04-20-2017 06:21 PM
colinxx235 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for colinxx235 Click here to Send colinxx235 a Private Message Find more posts by colinxx235 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roopi
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.31
Trader Rating: (49)
User Rating: 237%

quote:

Originally posted by npham
Played the SLDR 430 for a season or so. It was a bomber, but the mishits were way too punishing. The M1 is a nice upgrade on that that driver. You still get the long ones, but the mishits aren't nearly as bad. I've hit quite a few bad shots with the M1 that still went 250-270 yards. You really need a fitting though, because it's low spinning and finding the right shaft is going to make a world of difference.

Thanks for the info. I'm looking at getting a driver/wood fitting done this year. Any recommendations on who to use?

Old Post 04-20-2017 06:40 PM
roopi is online now Click Here to See the Profile for roopi Click here to Send roopi a Private Message Find more posts by roopi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
npham
First Gear

quote:

Originally posted by roopi
Thanks for the info. I'm looking at getting a driver/wood fitting done this year. Any recommendations on who to use?

I went to a demo day, and worked with a travelling TM rep. Then booked a time with a local TM rep to get fitted. He was alright but he didn't have as many shafts as I'd expect.

Old Post 04-20-2017 09:48 PM
The time now is 05:47 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Sports, Health & Fitness > 2017 Golf Thread

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: