Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > $35 million bail paid.

Author
Thread
ZenOps
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 99%

$35 million bail paid. quote:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/04/0...ia-friends.html

Nice friends.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-07-2017 05:50 PM
ZenOps is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ZenOps Click here to Send ZenOps a Private Message Find more posts by ZenOps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Sentry
Third Gear

What I drive: E39 540it, E39 M5, EM1
Posts/Day: 0.83
Trader Rating: (20)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

I'd fucking lol if she vanished and all her "friends" that posted got fucked over.

Old Post 04-07-2017 05:55 PM
Sentry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sentry Click here to Send Sentry a Private Message Find more posts by Sentry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sexualbanana
Second Gear

What I drive: Altima Se-R
Posts/Day: 0.39
Trader Rating: (7)

quote:

The State of California is going to do great things with all that forfeited property.

Old Post 04-07-2017 06:45 PM
sexualbanana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sexualbanana Click here to Send sexualbanana a Private Message Visit sexualbanana's homepage! Find more posts by sexualbanana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shakalaka
WILSUU2

What I drive: SCUZEM3
Posts/Day: 0.76
Trader Rating: (56)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Man...she'd be a good client to have.

Old Post 04-07-2017 06:54 PM
shakalaka is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shakalaka Click here to Send shakalaka a Private Message Find more posts by shakalaka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
born2workoncars

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

"She is a straight shooter" - her lawyer

Lol.

Old Post 04-07-2017 07:00 PM
born2workoncars is offline Click Here to See the Profile for born2workoncars Click here to Send born2workoncars a Private Message Find more posts by born2workoncars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FraserB
Third Gear

What I drive: GMT900
Posts/Day: 0.88
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

Originally posted by Sentry
I'd fucking lol if she vanished and all her "friends" that posted got fucked over.

It wouldn't shock me if she jumped bail and just forfeited the assets. If you can afford to put up $60mm worth of property, you probably have a lot more money than that.

And when you are potentially facing the death penalty, I'd say it might be worth the money to just leave.

Old Post 04-07-2017 07:16 PM
FraserB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FraserB Click here to Send FraserB a Private Message Find more posts by FraserB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocket1k78
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.35
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by FraserB

It wouldn't shock me if she jumped bail and just forfeited the assets. If you can afford to put up $60mm worth of property, you probably have a lot more money than that.

And when you are potentially facing the death penalty, I'd say it might be worth the money to just leave.

Shes probably got the best lawyer money could buy too so this could go to trial.

Old Post 04-07-2017 07:30 PM
Rocket1k78 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocket1k78 Click here to Send Rocket1k78 a Private Message Find more posts by Rocket1k78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flipstah
The Gimp

What I drive: exploded.
Posts/Day: 1.97
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

It wasn't her properties lol. She's wealthy, but not $60mm wealthy.

Old Post 04-07-2017 08:58 PM
flipstah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipstah Click here to Send flipstah a Private Message Visit flipstah's homepage! Find more posts by flipstah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: A moving pylon
Posts/Day: 2.09
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 155%

quote:

Originally posted by FraserB

I am thinking the same thing, if you have that kind of bank, why not just post bail and GTFO

The only question is where would she flee to? China isn't exactly sympathetic to the wealthy right now.

Old Post 04-07-2017 09:08 PM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sexualbanana
Second Gear

What I drive: Altima Se-R
Trader Rating: (7)

quote:

I think my favourite part of this whole thing is that:
- Prosecution wanted bail at $100M
- Judge makes it $35M.
- Bail gets posted in property, but, by law, any bail posted using property has to be about double that amount, so they post up about $65M in property.
- And she'll probably skip out on it all.

Old Post 04-07-2017 09:42 PM
sexualbanana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sexualbanana Click here to Send sexualbanana a Private Message Visit sexualbanana's homepage! Find more posts by sexualbanana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TomcoPDR
Slanty Gwai Lo

What I drive: Bowtie
Posts/Day: 0.73
Trader Rating: (78)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

So if she bails, does the State keeps the property/bail money?

Old Post 04-07-2017 09:51 PM
TomcoPDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TomcoPDR Click here to Send TomcoPDR a Private Message Find more posts by TomcoPDR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FraserB
Third Gear

What I drive: GMT900
Posts/Day: 0.88
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
So if she bails, does the State keeps the property/bail money?

Yeah, all gets forfeited

Old Post 04-07-2017 10:14 PM
FraserB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FraserB Click here to Send FraserB a Private Message Find more posts by FraserB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocket1k78
First Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by flipstah

You dont think her super rich friends are going to back her up if she does need a lawyer?

Old Post 04-07-2017 11:04 PM
Rocket1k78 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocket1k78 Click here to Send Rocket1k78 a Private Message Find more posts by Rocket1k78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-hop
First Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

I am thinking the same thing, if you have that kind of bank, why not just post bail and GTFO

The only question is where would she flee to? China isn't exactly sympathetic to the wealthy right now.

She'd have to go somewhere her friends couldn't find her so for that reason also China is out.

Again, read people! It's not her money. Her family only put up something like 7 million.

Old Post 04-08-2017 01:18 AM
J-hop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-hop Click here to Send J-hop a Private Message Find more posts by J-hop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
turbotrip
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.30
Trader Rating: (61)

quote:

Another article claimed her family was worth 100-150M

Old Post 04-08-2017 11:39 AM
turbotrip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for turbotrip Click here to Send turbotrip a Private Message Find more posts by turbotrip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flipstah
The Gimp

What I drive: exploded.
Posts/Day: 1.97
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

Originally posted by Rocket1k78

You dont think her super rich friends are going to back her up if she does need a lawyer?

Not if she runs and then fml, my property is donated.

Old Post 04-08-2017 12:37 PM
flipstah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipstah Click here to Send flipstah a Private Message Visit flipstah's homepage! Find more posts by flipstah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocket1k78
First Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Not if she runs and then fml, my property is donated.

Ya think All im saying is if she does decide to go to trial shes going to have a damn good lawyer whether it be her money or her family/friends

Old Post 04-10-2017 05:02 PM
VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
Neutral

What I drive: 09 WRX
Posts/Day: 0.11
Trader Rating: (8)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Originally posted by sexualbanana
The State of California is going to do great things with all that forfeited property.

If this is in San Francisco than its probably like one house

Old Post 04-11-2017 03:28 AM
VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN Click here to Send VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN a Private Message Find more posts by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 03:29 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > $35 million bail paid.

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: