Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > 50% of the Canadian Rig fleet active! January 2017 - Fuck Yeah

Author
Thread
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.10
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

I might not be busy these days, but I'm always happy to hear others are! Earn those pennies, save some of them, and bide your time. Things are getting better every day.

Originally posted by R154
Let me break this down for you since clearly you wear a helmet full time.

I basically am calling you an idiot altogether. I am no longer attempting to show you a reasoned argument, I'm attempting to be entertaining at your expense.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-22-2017 03:16 AM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

ExtraSlow
Third Gear

quote:

JWN reports 321 active rigs out of a fleet of 640 today.

I basically am calling you an idiot altogether. I am no longer attempting to show you a reasoned argument, I'm attempting to be entertaining at your expense.

Old Post 02-24-2017 06:44 PM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

quote:

CAODC count this week - For February 27th is 284/641

Old Post 02-28-2017 10:18 PM
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

quote:

CAODC count this week is 270/644.

Interesting that the fleet grew by three. Would like to hear if thosee are new builds, rigs imported from elsewhere, or what.

Old Post 03-07-2017 03:59 PM
SKR
First Gear

What I drive: Trucks and junk
Posts/Day: 0.21
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Maybe they were rigs down due to weather? All mine had a week off because they couldn't spread any mud, but now that it's froze they're all running again. (Edit: I'm dumb and thought you meant the active rig count grew, not the total.)

I hate this time of year. Every hole you do is the last one, and then you end up doing 5 more. I just want to go home and go to bed for a week and not think about dumb rigs.

Old Post 03-08-2017 03:56 AM
SKR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SKR Click here to Send SKR a Private Message Find more posts by SKR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

quote:

JWN reports 289 active today compared to 316 last week. I think that's pretty decent.

Sounds like most of the corehole/delineation/OSE projects are pretty much wrapped up, or they will be in the next week or so.

Interested to see what we bottom out at through breakup and what the timing of the post-breakup increase is. Would love it if folks were getting back to work in June or even late May. Always annoys me when "summer projects" get started mid-August.

Old Post 03-10-2017 08:13 PM
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

quote:

Monday's CAODC count was 233.
Friday's JWN count was 229.

Anyone have guessed for the lowest we'll see through Q2? I'm thinking 95.

Old Post 03-18-2017 03:40 PM
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

quote:

Mondays' CAODC count was 170.

I'm probably the only person who cares about this, but I figure it's fun to have it all in one place, so I'll probably keep updating it.

Old Post 03-21-2017 04:46 PM
sexualbanana
Second Gear

What I drive: Altima Se-R
Posts/Day: 0.39
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Maybe not the most relevant to rig counts, but I'm reading that the price of oil is dropping as US inventories get bigger.

In light of OPEC deciding to cut production (presumably to prop oil prices up?), is this basically just the US being assholes?

For the record, I don't know enough a lot about the industry, so explain this to me as though I am an idiot (because I am).

Old Post 03-22-2017 11:20 PM
sexualbanana is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sexualbanana Click here to Send sexualbanana a Private Message Visit sexualbanana's homepage! Find more posts by sexualbanana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Zhariak
First Gear

What I drive: 2015 CLS63 AMG S-Model Coupe
Posts/Day: 0.20

quote:

Originally posted by sexualbanana
Maybe not the most relevant to rig counts, but I'm reading that the price of oil is dropping as US inventories get bigger.

In light of OPEC deciding to cut production (presumably to prop oil prices up?), is this basically just the US being assholes?

For the record, I don't know enough a lot about the industry, so explain this to me as though I am an idiot (because I am).

OPEC is a group, they control production levels, can fix prices, etc... Most of OPEC oil is cheap/easy to produce/extract.

Canada/US is free market, free enterprise. They can't even think of doing that as it violates anti-monopoly laws. US/Canada oil is difficult and expensive to produce/extract.

When this all started, OPEC over-produced to gain market share, and kill some US (shale) oil since it had higher costs. They thought low prices for some time would push them out of business.

Free market, and free enterprise turned in to the will to live. New efficiencies were created and fat was trimmed.

The ultimate result that OPEC hoped for never came to fruition and now we are stuck in a market of extremely low prices with inventories building in North America. And it's super crappy for Canada as our costs are higher (Oil sands is pricey as hell).

Edit/Addition:

The above is the worldwide problem with oil right now. Locally in Canada we have two problems hitting our industry:

1) The Above

2) Provincial/Federal governments (taxation, regulation)

Last edited by Zhariak on 03-23-2017 at 04:41 AM

Old Post 03-23-2017 04:34 AM
Zhariak is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Zhariak Click here to Send Zhariak a Private Message Find more posts by Zhariak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
soloracer
Second Gear

What I drive: F355 Challenge/URS4/FD3S/968 Turbo/NSX/Esprit V8
Posts/Day: 0.24
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

In regards to rig counts, it is perfectly normal for the count to drop at this time of year as for the most part we are a seasonal drilling country. Yes, gains have been made to flatten the curve with more rigs drilling through break up and in the summer. But there is still a bump in the count in Jan/Feb. I would expect the count to drop further as break up continues before increasing to the level for the summer that will stay fairly flat.

Old Post 03-23-2017 05:11 AM
soloracer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for soloracer Click here to Send soloracer a Private Message Find more posts by soloracer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gestalt

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.03

quote:

Oil and Free Markets.

And the oversupply is 100% American made. They just like to blame everyone else.

Percentage change since the first quarter of 2010 in crude-oil production

Old Post 03-23-2017 06:20 AM
Gestalt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gestalt Click here to Send Gestalt a Private Message Find more posts by Gestalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 05:53 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > 50% of the Canadian Rig fleet active! January 2017 - Fuck Yeah

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: