Quantcast
$900 Bitcoin - Page 17 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast

Thread: $900 Bitcoin

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

1 BTC is still over 300$ CAD

It's pretty clear that BTC has shown itself to be stable over a long period of time, relative to what people in this thread have predicted.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

Its getting better to. Even all of the ALT's are up as well. A guy can ALMOST turn a profit from mining haha.

My Ride
    Skateboard

Originally posted by Modelexis
    1 BTC is still over 300$ CAD

It's pretty clear that BTC has shown itself to be stable over a long period of time, relative to what people in this thread have predicted.
    So since when is 300% swings considered stable? If it was a country's currency there would've been a civil war already.

My Ride
    D40/ED9/R6

Originally posted by G
    So since when is 300% swings considered stable? If it was a country's currency there would've been a civil war already.
    The price has been stable for the last 6 months.
    For a currency that is only a few years old that's pretty impressive.

Not to mention one BTC is as valuable as 10 oz of pure silver.
    "Anarchism is not a romantic fable but the hardheaded realization, based on five thousand years of experience, that we cannot entrust the management of our lives to kings, priests, politicians, generals, and county commissioners."

Other than speculation, there's still no reason for someone to use it when purchasing legal goods. Just get a credit card and be done with it.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by RedDawn
    Other than speculation, there's still no reason for someone to use it when purchasing legal goods. Just get a credit card and be done with it.
    There was a lot of companies online giving discounts for using bitcoins before, I ended up selling mine around 400-600usd but I still believe it will be the future...

There will be a future I feel but not in the next few years, it has been extremely stable last 6 months around the 220-240usd mark non-stop...
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    is broken

So what about:
    Lower transaction fees
    Each Satoshi (the smallest unit) is unique and limited. Unlike USD where they just keep printing.
    Easy to carry. No international fees or holds

Give it time. Once someone figures out how to do daily transactions as easy as a credit card then people will switch.

My Ride
    NC1

There's a bitcoin machine in the coffee shop below my condo building. I don't understand it lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

The speculative history of BTC is gone as are the days of Mt Gox manipulating the market with their algorithms that Mark Karpeles was so proud of.

We will see countries like Greece jump to BTC, as well as any other whose financial system is about to melt down..... this will fuel a touch more hype, but nothing like of the years gone by.

Originally posted by revelations
    The speculative history of BTC is gone as are the days of Mt Gox manipulating the market with their algorithms that Mark Karpeles was so proud of.

We will see countries like Greece jump to BTC, as well as any other whose financial system is about to melt down..... this will fuel a touch more hype, but nothing like of the years gone by.
    Do you mean individual people from those countries or the countries themselves?

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by Modelexis

The price has been stable for the last 6 months.
    NEXT STOP, THE MOON

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Yea, just the people - same as Cyprus when the banks started stealing peoples money and everyone dumped into BTC.

Thats not really the point. What really matters is what your credit card is denominated in. If its CAD or USD, then it has historically been relatively stable, meaning that if you owe a certain percentage on a $100 debt, you can have a reasonable estimation of earnings potential to payback that debt.

If you had a credit card in RUB Rubles or India INR Rupee, then it has been inflated to the point where there is no reasonable estimation of what you need or how hard to have to work in order to pay it back. IE: The average Bangladeshi factory garment worker making $38 per month (but not in US dollars)

What would make more sense, is looking at a credit card from Visa or Mastercard using Bitcoin instead of USD, CAD, Yuan, Yen, Euros, Pounds, Rubles, Rupee, Francs, Pesos, Dinars, Reales, Shekels, Won, Rand, Kwacha, Togrog, Lira, Kronors, Zloty, Dirham, Guilder, and of course Hryvnia.

Personally, I like the Togrog - Where else can you get a bill with Ghenghis Khan on it?
    Last edited by ZenOps; 06-25-2015 at 09:20 PM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

Originally posted by ZenOps

Thats not really the point. What really matters is what your credit card is denominated in. If its CAD or USD, then it has historically been relatively stable, meaning that if you owe a certain percentage on a $100 debt, you can have a reasonable estimation of earnings potential to payback that debt.

If you had a credit card in RUB Rubles or India INR Rupee, then it has been inflated to the point where there is no reasonable estimation of what you need or how hard to have to work in order to pay it back. IE: The average Bangladeshi factory garment worker making $38 per month (but not in US dollars)

What would make more sense, is looking at a credit card from Visa or Mastercard using Bitcoin instead of USD, CAD, Yuan, Yen, Euros, Pounds, Rubles, Rupee, Francs, Pesos, Dinars, Reales, Shekels, Won, Rand, Kwacha, Togrog, Lira, Kronors, Zloty, Dirham, Guilder, and of course Hryvnia.

Personally, I like the Togrog - Where else can you get a bill with Ghenghis Khan on it?
    You did not mention the rial which should see a massive run when compared to copper and zinc in the next 6-12 months. Stop holding back on the good stuff.

What is really interesting is the new currency that that bunch of "terrorists" is using, a circulation gold dinar.

ISIS and ISIL, are thinking about using gold silver and copper for their currency, which is ultimately backed by something far more important - ISIS currency is technically a petrodollar (middle eastern petrodollars) Assuming the ISIS $5 gold dinar weighs about eight grams and is 90% gold, it would be like carrying around a $300 coin instead of three grams worth of three $100 US notes...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-10342632.html

"Isis is attempting to set its own exchange rates for one gold dinar at $139 (£88), a five dinar coin at $694 (£440), three silver dirhams ranging between $1 (64p) and $9 (6), and two copper coins at a few pennies each."

The idea of a gold dinar has always been around, and it definitely is possible if the oil magnates in the region decide to use it as circulation money. Khadafi was one of the strongest proponents of the idea, and was pretty much dedicated to it - until of course he was assassinated.

Strange things happen when heads of state get assassinated. JFK was the exact same year that silver was taken out of US coinage.

In a choice between digital US, Bitcoin and ISIS dinars... Well, I can see the appeal of why someone would want to be paid in Dinars.

ISIS Dinar > Bitcoin > US dollar? Uh oh spaghettio.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 06-25-2015 at 10:24 PM.

Bitcoin is somewhat of an elitist currency right now, but it is definitely starting to gain acceptance everywhere.

Yuan is used by a Billion people or so.
    Rupee is used by another billion
    USD used by 350 million americans, along with some vassal states.
    Euro used by 170 million EU citizens

That probably accounts for the core of currency transactions today, along with the Yen and Pound - which are both important but do not serve anywhere near as large a population. Canada and Austrailia somewhat important, but again - very tiny in worldwide circulation.

Canada, as one of 53 members of the commonwealth - is arguably running an experimental currency in itself. One seperate to the British pound, but still loosely tied to it as a much much weaker version of the Euro economic union.

I do often wonder how many US $100 bills circulating in India and China are the real thing. Afterall, how does a person in North America know how to tell what a real INR Ghandi note, used by a billion people - actually looks like.

BTW: Gigantic Kangaroo pennies from Austrailia, best coin next to the beaver.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 06-28-2015 at 05:23 AM.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-33745611

"Mark Karpeles, 30, is being held in connection with the loss of bitcoins worth $387m (£247m, €351m) last February."

Not quite half a Billion $ US. Pretty impressive crime, although I'm not totally convinced it is a crime either. If you are going to convict, then you pretty much have to do the same with any fractional reserve bank, which is all of them.

My Ride
    NC1

So has this failed or what.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by max_boost
    So has this failed or what.
    https://www.rt.com/business/329175-b...w-400-dollars/

If you can look past the better year it had then the Canadian dollar then yes it's failed.

Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17 18 27 ... LastLast