Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Other Stuff > Suggestion/Comment Box/Forum Related Stuff > Ad Blocking Software

Author
Thread
kenny
Director of Awesomeness

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.68
Trader Rating: (16)
User Rating: 148%

Ad Blocking Software quote:

Effective immediately, all ad blocking programs are officially against our terms of use.

In the past, the official stance on ad blocking programs was that it was something users could install if they wished. In an effort to ensure our sponsors/partners are getting the best value, ad blocking programs are now "banned".

Users who are using or encouraging others to install ad blockers may be banned. If you wish to continue using Ad Blocking software on your computer, you have every right to continue doing so. It will simply be in violation of our terms of use.

Ad Block users are encouraged to whitelist beyond.ca

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-22-2008 09:55 PM
kenny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kenny Click here to Send kenny a Private Message Find more posts by kenny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

adam c
Second Gear

What I drive: has a turbo
Posts/Day: 0.53
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

i find the ads only work in IE

i use chrome and half the banners don't load, same with firefox (no ad blocking on either of them)

Old Post 10-22-2008 10:44 PM
adam c is offline Click Here to See the Profile for adam c Click here to Send adam c a Private Message Find more posts by adam c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toms-SC
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.42
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Are they built in now? AdBlockers?

Was the #1 Forum Warrior

Old Post 10-22-2008 10:45 PM
Toms-SC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toms-SC Click here to Send Toms-SC a Private Message Find more posts by Toms-SC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alterac
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.10
Trader Rating: (14)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Only thing I usually get rid of is that Digg button that slows the pages down all the time. I dont mind the ads, they arnt intrusive.

Old Post 10-22-2008 10:52 PM
Alterac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Alterac Click here to Send Alterac a Private Message Find more posts by Alterac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mibz

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 1.26
Trader Rating: (15)

quote:

How do you track something like this?

Old Post 10-22-2008 11:15 PM
Mibz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mibz Click here to Send Mibz a Private Message Find more posts by Mibz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
adam c
Second Gear

What I drive: has a turbo
Posts/Day: 0.53
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

it's only the flash ones that don't load for me

Old Post 10-22-2008 11:50 PM
adam c is offline Click Here to See the Profile for adam c Click here to Send adam c a Private Message Find more posts by adam c Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super_Geo
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by Mibz
How do you track something like this?

Originally posted by kenny
Effective immediately, all ad blocking programs are officially against our terms of use.

In the past, the official stance on ad blocking programs was that it was something users could install if they wished. In an effort to ensure our sponsors/partners are getting the best value, ad blocking programs are now "banned".

Users who are using or encouraging others to install ad blockers may be banned. If you wish to continue using Ad Blocking software on your computer, you have every right to continue doing so. It will simply be in violation of our terms of use.

Ad Block users are encouraged to whitelist beyond.ca

It won't be tracked... no one will get banned for using ad blockers, but they will get banned for posting about it.

It sounds like a rule put in place to put advertisers' minds at ease. Why would you want to pay to advertise on a site that openly talks about and encourages using ad blocking programs?

Old Post 10-23-2008 12:09 AM
Super_Geo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Super_Geo Click here to Send Super_Geo a Private Message Find more posts by Super_Geo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mibz

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 1.26
Trader Rating: (15)

quote:

Originally posted by Super_Geo
It won't be tracked... no one will get banned for using ad blockers, but they will get banned for posting about it.

It sounds like a rule put in place to put advertisers' minds at ease. Why would you want to pay to advertise on a site that openly talks about and encourages using ad blocking programs?

Makes sense. I just want to make sure that I don't get banned for browsing from a buddy's computer once or twice.

Old Post 10-23-2008 12:58 AM
Mibz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mibz Click here to Send Mibz a Private Message Find more posts by Mibz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A790
PC Principal

What I drive: A future rustbucket.
Posts/Day: 1.31
Trader Rating: (68)
User Rating: 103%

quote:

People forget that forums and websites are largely ad supported. If you have SUCH an issue with the Google ads that appear on this website you need to check yourself in to a mental hospital for "stickinass syndrome".

Internet Marketing Solutions for Small Businesses & Niche Content Websites.

No contracts, just results. Websites, SEO, PPC, Content Creation. Learn more @ SimplifiedSEO.com (website under dev).

Old Post 10-23-2008 02:21 AM
A790 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for A790 Click here to Send A790 a Private Message Find more posts by A790 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grogador
First Gear

What I drive: AWOL
Posts/Day: 0.29
Trader Rating: (26)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

nvmind

Last edited by Grogador on 10-23-2008 at 03:33 AM

Old Post 10-23-2008 03:24 AM
Grogador is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grogador Click here to Send Grogador a Private Message Find more posts by Grogador Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unknown303
Third Gear

What I drive: Hatred
Posts/Day: 0.87
Trader Rating: (48)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

My only issue with this is browsing through IE in Citrix at work the popup flash ads hard crash my citrix client for some reason. At home I don't mind. but 4am through a night shift it gets a little frustrating when I accidentally roll over some text that causes a popup.

Old Post 07-26-2009 07:38 PM
Unknown303 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Unknown303 Click here to Send Unknown303 a Private Message Find more posts by Unknown303 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 03:41 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Other Stuff > Suggestion/Comment Box/Forum Related Stuff > Ad Blocking Software

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: