Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > Adventures With Mar - Calgary Cops Are Jerks

Author
Thread
JRSC00LUDE
Third Gear

What I drive: S/C '00 Prelude '15 Tacoma '06 Vstar 1100
Posts/Day: 0.25
Trader Rating: (9)
User Rating: 112%

quote:

Originally posted by OTown

My understanding is that every single person (civilian or police) is told what charges they are facing before they are questioned and given a chance for a defense. Its set out in law and in the the charter of rights and freedoms. They also get full disclosure for court.

So why shouldn't Phil get those same rights should he be investigated?

I don't think you understood the allegations being made.

Originally posted by SJW
Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.

Originally posted by snowcat
Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-12-2017 08:17 PM
JRSC00LUDE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JRSC00LUDE Click here to Send JRSC00LUDE a Private Message Find more posts by JRSC00LUDE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

gwill
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by OTown

My understanding is that every single person (civilian or police) is told what charges they are facing before they are questioned and given a chance for a defense. Its set out in law and in the the charter of rights and freedoms. They also get full disclosure for court.

So why shouldn't Phil get those same rights should he be investigated?

I dont think you understand the seriousness of it and no the police don't provide every piece of evidence to their suspects before charging them with a crime. Why would they? That makes no sense. Up until charges are laid there is no reason to. Doing so in advance will only ruin the investigation. A suspects rights are to get their disclosure before their trial.. not before they are charged.

Imagine a big murder investigation with the police having to piece the puzzle together. Do you think they'll run to their suspect and provide them every single piece of evidence they have on their suspect before charging them? Of course not.. Hey mr murderer here is all the evidence we have on you. Do you mind giving us a statement now that you've read it. We haven't charged you yet but we'd love to hear your unbiased thoughts as to what happened.

CPS is purposely tainting their own investigations to help the officers figure out what to say.

Heres the CBC article: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...ghson-1.4005029

Heres a quote from that article:

"Furthermore, I cannot imagine a more unprincipled practice that has the obvious potential outcome of tainting any statement the subject officer could provide and leaving it fraught with the possibility of tailoring to be consistent with the evidence of other witnesses."

Old Post 04-12-2017 08:48 PM
gwill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gwill Click here to Send gwill a Private Message Find more posts by gwill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
phil98z24

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.02
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

I don't think you understood the allegations being made.

I don't think you understand what Otown is saying.

Originally posted by gwill

I dont think you understand the seriousness of it and no the police don't provide every piece of evidence to their suspects before charging them with a crime. Why would they? That makes no sense. Up until charges are laid there is no reason to. Doing so in advance will only ruin the investigation. A suspects rights are to get their disclosure before their trial.. not before they are charged.

Imagine a big murder investigation with the police having to piece the puzzle together. Do you think they'll run to their suspect and provide them every single piece of evidence they have on their suspect before charging them? Of course not.. Hey mr murderer here is all the evidence we have on you. Do you mind giving us a statement now that you've read it. We haven't charged you yet but we'd love to hear your unbiased thoughts as to what happened.

CPS is purposely tainting their own investigations to help the officers figure out what to say.

Heres the CBC article: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...ghson-1.4005029

Heres a quote from that article:

"Furthermore, I cannot imagine a more unprincipled practice that has the obvious potential outcome of tainting any statement the subject officer could provide and leaving it fraught with the possibility of tailoring to be consistent with the evidence of other witnesses."

You also don't understand what he is saying. Everyone has a right to know what charges they are facing before questioning. He didn't say anything about evidence.

I'll address the rest of your comments later. In the meantime, you should read the press release from ASIRT in its entirety so you have the complete picture, and also a statement from one of our superintendents about how our internal investigations don't accept preferred statements, which seems to run contrary to your belief they are throwing things to protect each other.

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

Last edited by phil98z24 on 04-12-2017 at 10:31 PM

Old Post 04-12-2017 10:18 PM
phil98z24 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for phil98z24 Click here to Send phil98z24 a Private Message Find more posts by phil98z24 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gwill
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.12
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by phil98z24

You also don't understand what he is saying. Everyone has a right to know what charges they are facing before questioning. He didn't say anything about evidence.

I'll address the rest of your comments later. In the meantime, you should read the press release from ASIRT in its entirety so you have the complete picture, and also a statement from one of our superintendents about how our internal investigations don't accept preferred statements, which seems to run contrary to your belief they are throwing things to protect each other.

I agree everyone has a right to know the charges they facing before questioning. Thats pretty straight forward. Whats not is the practice in cps to provide every bit of evidence to a police officer before theyve provided any statements.

Is the article wrong on this? They quoted CPS as saying this is common practice.

Old Post 04-12-2017 11:28 PM
gwill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gwill Click here to Send gwill a Private Message Find more posts by gwill Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JRSC00LUDE
Third Gear

What I drive: S/C '00 Prelude '15 Tacoma '06 Vstar 1100
Posts/Day: 0.25
Trader Rating: (9)
User Rating: 112%

quote:

Originally posted by phil98z24

I do. And I agree with the information he shared.

I believed he was answering a question correctly, but not the question that gwill asked. I don't agree with a lot of gwill's take on police/policing, I just felt Otown overlooked the point that he (gwill) was insinuating.

Originally posted by SJW
Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.

Originally posted by snowcat
Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.

Old Post 04-12-2017 11:34 PM
JRSC00LUDE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JRSC00LUDE Click here to Send JRSC00LUDE a Private Message Find more posts by JRSC00LUDE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Env-Consultant
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.09

quote:

Can you not just submit a FOIP request to obtain the video? If there were charges, you could request disclosure from the crown prosecutor, but it doesn't sound like that is the case.

http://www.calgary.ca/cps/Pages/Pub...ct-request.aspx

To be honest, I just really want to see the video vs. the original post...

Old Post 04-14-2017 07:54 PM
Env-Consultant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Env-Consultant Click here to Send Env-Consultant a Private Message Find more posts by Env-Consultant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
revelations
Third Gear

What I drive: 2g Eclipse / EP3
Posts/Day: 0.98
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Oh BTW Mar, the CPS will charge their own - in this case a 13 year member - for striking a person with their vehicle (lightly).

http://www.metronews.ca/news/calgar...an-vehicle.html

Old Post 04-14-2017 08:54 PM
revelations is offline Click Here to See the Profile for revelations Click here to Send revelations a Private Message Find more posts by revelations Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mar
Second Gear

What I drive: 2015 Hyundai Veloster
Posts/Day: 0.44
Trader Rating: (14)
User Rating: 88%

quote:

Someone hacked my server and all my images are gone, I'll have to upload them again. Give me a few days.

Originally posted by Go4Long
or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
you do realize this is the internet right? lol

Originally posted by rob the knob
mar, you are good guy at heart
you must realize your limitations
then you will be happy if you fine place in live

Originally posted by blitz
Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

Old Post 04-27-2017 05:31 AM
Mar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mar Click here to Send Mar a Private Message Find more posts by Mar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Seth1968
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.36

quote:

Originally posted by Mar
Someone hacked my server and all my images are gone.

It was probably the cops

Old Post 04-27-2017 05:39 AM
Seth1968 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Seth1968 Click here to Send Seth1968 a Private Message Find more posts by Seth1968 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
revelations
Third Gear

What I drive: 2g Eclipse / EP3
Posts/Day: 0.98
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by Mar
Someone hacked my server and all my images are gone, I'll have to upload them again. Give me a few days.

Thats what backups are for??

Old Post 04-27-2017 07:29 AM
revelations is offline Click Here to See the Profile for revelations Click here to Send revelations a Private Message Find more posts by revelations Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 03:30 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > Adventures With Mar - Calgary Cops Are Jerks

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: