Quantcast
Adventures With Mar - Calgary Cops Are Jerks - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Adventures With Mar - Calgary Cops Are Jerks

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

^ yea thats something that would have gone viral locally. The CPS are taking a beating in the eyes of the MSM and the media would love another story that further perpetuates that (and makes them more money).

Can a member of the public can even ask for CPS footage without a subpoena/trial ?
    Last edited by revelations; 04-11-2017 at 09:43 AM.

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Originally posted by sabad66

This

If they actually bumped you that's pretty fucked up. Dashcam footage should show this
    How long are they required to keep the footage on file?

I would not be surprised if all of a sudden the footage went "missing" or have I just watched too much tv?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Originally posted by Mar
    I wanted to wait for justice to prevail but I just received the letter notifying me it won't.
    Without a lawyer or a public backlash - you really expected something to happen? Most LEO organizations in Canada go to great lengths to protect their own.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Just get out of the crosswalk Mar you clown

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Remember everyone: with all things Mar there's what happened and then there's Mar's understanding of what happened.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Originally posted by suntan
    The words are English yet it makes no sense.
    Welcome to a Mar thread.

Default Re: Re: Adventures With Mar - Calgary Cops Are Jerks

Originally posted by spikerS

Sorry, i don't have time to read this now, but going to quote it for the lulz later when you edit it.
    WHY DO YOU HAVE TO REPOST THE ENTIRE ORIGINAL POST??! WE ALL KNOW YOU'RE REPLYING TO THE OP

WHY THO

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Default Re: Re: Re: Adventures With Mar - Calgary Cops Are Jerks

Originally posted by Dumbass17

WHY DO YOU HAVE TO REPOST THE ENTIRE ORIGINAL POST??! WE ALL KNOW YOU'RE REPLYING TO THE OP

WHY THO
    Your username really suits you, doesn't it?

You expected different from police that are not held to their responsibility?

With police, they have created a higher form of human, a better class then the rest of us.

Originally posted by Gestalt

With police, they have created a higher form of human, a better class then the rest of us.
    There's hope for you yet young whippersnapper.

Originally posted by Gestalt

Originally posted by Seth1968

There's hope for you yet young whippersnapper.
    Two peas in a pod of crazy.

You guys should go hold hands together with Mar in front of the CPS offices. You could have a sit in and sing kumbaya to protest this blatant injustice!

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 01:16 PM.

Originally posted by mazdavirgin

Two peas in a pod of crazy.

You guys should go hold hands together with Mar in front of the CPS offices. You could have a sit in and sing kumbaya to protest this blatant injustice!

Except, I never stated any position in Mar's case. No surprise though. I'm getting used to being flamed for things I didn't say.

My only position was stating that people in authority tend to have a superiority complex, and there is little to no accountability (although that seems to be getting better).

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    Remember everyone: with all things Mar there's what happened and then there's Mar's understanding of what happened.

THIS.

This is Mar we are talking about. All this thread shows is that another group (this time, CPS) got the luxury of dealing with this special man.

My Ride
    G6

I have a hard time believing this story... Get the video and post it, or else I see nothing to debate here.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Assuming the story is accurate, this is a whole pile of bullshit.

But chances are, the story is a whole pile of bullshit.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Originally posted by Disoblige

THIS.

This is Mar we are talking about. All this thread shows is that another group (this time, CPS) got the luxury of dealing with this special man.
    I feel like someone needs to point me to more Mar threads to read, to understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My car sounds like shit.

Well there you have it. The video and audio recording doesn't match his recollection of events, therefore the video and audio are wrong. Video and audio paint the picture in murder trials, but aren't right when it comes to your alleged encounter with the police? I find that.. interesting. Part of the reason we have cameras is this very thing.

Just to clarify: our cameras activate every time we use our emergency equipment, and the video file, image overlay, and metadata all reflect this. We can't alter it. No one can alter it. We can't stop it from happening. So when you're being told the video is running because his lights were on and it shows it, that's because it happened. If they heard audio of them speaking in a calm and professional manners, it's because that's what's happening. The video is disclosable and no one will stake their career on lying about what they saw or heard on a video file that can potentially be viewed by anyone.

Second: You weren't the victim of a hit and run. By your own admission you reached out to the light bar to 'stop' from being struck or pushed from the crosswalk, and you made contact with the vehicle, not the other way around. That isn't an offence.

You seem pretty ticked that the video doesn't show you being struck, and doesn't match your recollection of events. Sadly, the video and audio record don't lie. It's substantial proof of what happened, start to finish. You say you are there, but so were they and so was the impartial witness that captured their voices, their demeanour, and the video of what you and they were doing. Unfortunately for you it appears the evidence refutes your claim and therefore the complaint is dismissed because there was no finding of wrongdoing. You are being told to let it go because it's likely not worth your time and effort to pursue this and have it ultimately end up being dismissed again.

If you think this is some coverup scheme, let me assure you our PSS will charge members for any reason, and especially if there was a hit and run involved (or of it was deliberate, that's assault with a weapon), as that would be incredibly serious. They err on the side of caution even if the evidence is light because if it favours one side and supports an allegation, they must lawfully proceed with the complaint.

Based on your account of things, you already had it in your head that something was going to happen to you. You think the CPS beat people down, stop and search them, or otherwise cause confrontation over parking lot encounters. You already have a preconceived notion of how that encounter could go and how you won't give them a reason to hassle you, yet somehow you managed to get exactly that! What I'm seeing is you screwed around in an intersection, which btw, is an offence and not just someone getting mad. You have to clear it in a reasonable manner, otherwise you're blocking the road. You didn't, and were told to get moving.
    Last edited by phil98z24; 04-11-2017 at 05:25 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

Originally posted by Kloubek
    Assuming the story is accurate, this is a whole pile of bullshit.

But chances are, the story is a whole pile of bullshit.
    Yea I don't know mar, your description of what happened is a bit wonky. Even if the events are true the bizzare details in the story make the whole thing seem like an alternate view of reality. Something tells me there is a bit more to the story.

Also don't know why you claim they lied about putting on the lights when you even stated you were too afraid to look at them???

Either way I do feel bad that you are afraid of getting beat up in a Starbucks parking lot by cops in broad daylight. That is a horrible way to have to live day to day....

Hope you are able to sort this out...

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    Yup. Completely different thread once people realize who's thread it is

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast