Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Real Estate / Finance > Alberta Landlord / Tenant Questions / FAQ

Author
Thread
Vanish3d
Neutral

What I drive: Horse
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (24)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

Originally posted by pheoxs
Talk to him about it. The rental market is so soft right now that he can likely find something cheaper and/or with incentives versus your place.

I was in the same boat and told my renter I'd like to sell the house and if he was able to find a new place I'd be lenient and give him a week to move stuff across for free n shit. He found a condo and moved out this week.

I tried - He wont. He has kids and too many 'commitments' in the area apparently. I guess I'm stuck

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-29-2016 02:35 PM
Vanish3d is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vanish3d Click here to Send Vanish3d a Private Message Find more posts by Vanish3d Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

lasimmon
Neutral

What I drive: 2 feet and a heartbeat
Posts/Day: 0.09
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Is it the landlord or tenants responsibility to pick up keys after the condo board has used them to enter the unit?

Our stupid condo management companies office is way down south and I refuse to go pick it up since they won't leave it under the door or in the mailbox and their hours are like 9-4 monday - friday. Currently arguing with the landlord.

Old Post 03-30-2016 10:20 PM
lasimmon is online now Click Here to See the Profile for lasimmon Click here to Send lasimmon a Private Message Find more posts by lasimmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Type_S1
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.16
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Originally posted by lasimmon
Is it the landlord or tenants responsibility to pick up keys after the condo board has used them to enter the unit?

Our stupid condo management companies office is way down south and I refuse to go pick it up since they won't leave it under the door or in the mailbox and their hours are like 9-4 monday - friday. Currently arguing with the landlord.

You want the landlord to drive down south, pick up the keys and then drive them to you in the evening? Come on man....

Old Post 03-30-2016 10:58 PM
Type_S1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Type_S1 Click here to Send Type_S1 a Private Message Find more posts by Type_S1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lasimmon
Neutral

What I drive: 2 feet and a heartbeat
Posts/Day: 0.09
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

My friend is the landlord. Was trying to get an opinion without that tidbit haha.

Old Post 03-31-2016 05:37 PM
lasimmon is online now Click Here to See the Profile for lasimmon Click here to Send lasimmon a Private Message Find more posts by lasimmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LilDrunkenSmurf
Fourth Gear

What I drive: 5 of em
Posts/Day: 1.08
Trader Rating: (42)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

About to list my place for rental, and trying to make sure I have all my ducks in a row. I've setup a policy on the place, and I know around what I would want to rent it out for.

I've had the place cleaned, and I went and took some pictures of the place.

For the deposit (if I even find a renter) would TD/RBC/ETC be able to open an account for me that's separate from all my other stuff? Do they have accounts specifically for this?

I looked over the generic Residential Tenancy Agreement, and it looks like it'll fill my needs pretty well.

https://www.alberta-mortgages.com/p...ial%20Lease.pdf

Old Post 04-19-2016 12:15 AM
LilDrunkenSmurf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LilDrunkenSmurf Click here to Send LilDrunkenSmurf a Private Message Find more posts by LilDrunkenSmurf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swak
Second Gear

What I drive: FERD ST & Bikes
Posts/Day: 0.35
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 91%

quote:

Just going to throw this out there, hoping it doesn't cause someone else the headache I went through...

Disclaimer: this is some-what a dick move on my part, and not my normal practice, but work events led it this way.

Was in a lease, living in Edson, Alberta (middle of nowhere) for work. After my lease expired, my landlord agreed to let me rent month to month (as I had anticipations to transfer out of Edson), and knew it would be on rather last minute notice.

I found out on the last day of February 2016, and needed to be out of Edson by the end of March. So i called my landlord first thing in the morning on March 1.
- back and forth, she wanted me to pay for April as well, given that I had not given enough notice.

Back and forth with landlord and tenancy board, legislation is worded that a months notice is the day of the last month or any time prior.

So an FYI, you can give a months notice on the first day of the last month you plan on renting somewhere....

Like i said prior, I wouldn't recommend making this a common practice, but sometimes life throws your curve balls you gotta deal with, and would likely rather not get screwed in the process.

Old Post 08-06-2016 03:53 AM
swak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swak Click here to Send swak a Private Message Find more posts by swak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 06:24 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Real Estate / Finance > Alberta Landlord / Tenant Questions / FAQ

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: