Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Entertainment > Alien Covenant

Author
Thread
kragnorok

What I drive: 2003 Saab 9-3 Vector; 2015 Jeep Wrangler
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by blitz

This isn't the sequel to Prometheus? I thought that was the plan all along.

It definitely is some kind of follow-up/sequel to Prometheus, there are
some hints in the trailer showing that, but don't want to give too much away.

I did also read that apparently Ridley Scott wants to do a trilogy that takes place between Prometheus and the original Alien and this is the first of that trilogy, but that makes this still a follow up to Prometheus even if it's not considered a direct sequel.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-01-2017 06:41 PM
kragnorok is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kragnorok Click here to Send kragnorok a Private Message Find more posts by kragnorok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

16hypen3sp
First Gear

What I drive: '14 CBR 1000RR, '15 Victory Highball, '14 Ram 1500
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Originally posted by Xtrema
Showed too much. Teaser trailer was better.

Still excited. The theaters is going to get a lot of my $$$ this year.

Didn't show much of the Neomorph tho, which is what I'm interested in. The Xeno looks crazy!

I think this movie is at the top of my list for must-see-in-theatres this year!!!!!

07 CBR 600RR-Sold
11 Honda Fury-Sold
14 CBR 1000RR-Current
14 Ram 1500-Current
14 Optima LX-Current
15 Victory Highball-Current

Old Post 03-02-2017 04:42 AM
16hypen3sp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 16hypen3sp Click here to Send 16hypen3sp a Private Message Find more posts by 16hypen3sp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jonathanl10

What I drive: '16 Civic
Posts/Day: 0.08

quote:

I know a lot of people want this movie to be a DIRECT sequel to Prometheus where they follow Shaw's journey with David after to the Engineer's homeworld and wonder why they wanted humanity extinguished and the whole backstory around that.

However this movie is a followup sequel in terms of the Covenant crew finding the remnants of the last ship and having the story slowly transition to humanity's battle with the Aliens. Like everyone is saying, they do some stupid stuff right off the bat like not wear a helmet stepping outside an unknown planet for the first time and planting your face right in front of an opening egg. Dog tag in the trailer even says E.Shaw so it would imply she's dead and any scenes that the actress recorded is probably flashbacks, or vlog type material that the Covenant crew finds.

Old Post 03-02-2017 05:21 AM
Jonathanl10 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathanl10 Click here to Send Jonathanl10 a Private Message Find more posts by Jonathanl10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D'z Nutz
Super Moderator

What I drive: Southerners out of the North
Posts/Day: 0.99
Trader Rating: (122)
User Rating: 111%

quote:

Old Post 04-26-2017 07:56 PM
D'z Nutz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D'z Nutz Click here to Send D'z Nutz a Private Message Visit D'z Nutz's homepage! Find more posts by D'z Nutz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadowz
Third Gear

What I drive: UCF20/R35
Posts/Day: 0.57
Trader Rating: (44)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

I like what I see

Originally posted by rage2
Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

Old Post 04-26-2017 08:35 PM
shadowz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadowz Click here to Send shadowz a Private Message Find more posts by shadowz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
heavyD
Fifth Gear

What I drive: MK7 Golf R
Posts/Day: 1.38
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

I really hope this is good. I love the Aliens franchise and thought Prometheus was good but not great. I want a great Alien film.

Old Post 04-26-2017 09:58 PM
heavyD is online now Click Here to See the Profile for heavyD Click here to Send heavyD a Private Message Find more posts by heavyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rx7boi
Neutral

What I drive: (0^oo^0)~
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Holy shat. I do believe that's right before the scene where David (with Shaw's approval?) drop all those cylinders onto the Engineer planet, which is why the Covenant trailers show twisted black bodies on the home planet.

Old Post 04-26-2017 10:32 PM
rx7boi is online now Click Here to See the Profile for rx7boi Click here to Send rx7boi a Private Message Find more posts by rx7boi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Inzane
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.23

quote:

Haven't seen it yet.

Glancing at user reviews on IMDb and getting a chuckle from some of the YouTube reviewers (while trying to tread carefully to avoid spoilers), it seems things are looking bad.

It sounds like some of the same crap that dragged down Prometheus (stupid character actions/decisions, incomprehensible plot points or plot holes, and inconsistencies, etc. ) is prevalent in this movie too, which if true begs the question of whether Ridley Scott is still competent and of sound mind.

I fear for the Blade Runner sequel.

That said, I will go see this movie and revisit this thread afterwards.

Old Post 05-20-2017 04:50 AM
Inzane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Inzane Click here to Send Inzane a Private Message Find more posts by Inzane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buster
First Gear

What I drive: 2012 CTS-V Wagon, 2012 GL350
Posts/Day: 0.13
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Scott isn't doing the blade runner sequel.

Saw covenant last night. Wasn't that good. Not terrible. But this franchise went the wrong direction after aliens.

Old Post 05-20-2017 04:54 AM
Buster is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Buster Click here to Send Buster a Private Message Find more posts by Buster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RickDaTuner
Third Gear

What I drive: 05 GDB V.8 / 2014 TACO / SW20/ R1
Posts/Day: 0.59
Trader Rating: (30)

quote:

Man I guess I'll wait for it to come out on blu-ray, I kinda knew this was going to come out- not so well. After all the news of scraping the original idea mid filming, and the multiple re-writes throughout production.

Better luck next time I guess.

Last edited by RickDaTuner on 05-20-2017 at 06:35 AM

Old Post 05-20-2017 06:31 AM
RickDaTuner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RickDaTuner Click here to Send RickDaTuner a Private Message Find more posts by RickDaTuner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
riander5
First Gear

What I drive: Lexus IS250
Posts/Day: 0.14
User Rating: 98%

quote:

I thought it was great. People are such wannabe move critics these days. It's an action movie for the most part so stop kidding yourself that it's supposed to be so intellectual. Go watch a fucking film
Festival winner

Glad I watched it in Ultra AVX! DBOX seats make me sick but they were rocking for a lot of the movie.

Old Post 05-20-2017 02:20 PM
riander5 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for riander5 Click here to Send riander5 a Private Message Find more posts by riander5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buster
First Gear

quote:

Glad you enjoyed it.

Old Post 05-20-2017 05:15 PM
Buster is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Buster Click here to Send Buster a Private Message Find more posts by Buster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
riander5
First Gear

What I drive: Lexus IS250
Posts/Day: 0.14
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Glad you were indifferent to it

Old Post 05-20-2017 09:26 PM
riander5 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for riander5 Click here to Send riander5 a Private Message Find more posts by riander5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Buster
First Gear

quote:

Sometimes high standards are a burden.

Old Post 05-21-2017 01:57 AM
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.54
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Originally posted by Buster
Saw covenant last night. Wasn't that good. Not terrible. But this franchise went the wrong direction after aliens.

Alien is great.

Aliens is an awesome popcorn movie.

Everything after that are shit.

The prequel so far are meh. I hate it that all the protocol of visiting alien world are out the window to move the plot along. The whole thing is like someone trying to explain why a joke is funny.

It makes more sense if you can read Scott's narrative on the Engineers. Spoiler:

The Engineer is god, our creator. They want to wipe us out because we killed Jesus which is also an Engineer sent to check on us.

Now I really don't know how Scott can make another one and put the timeline right between these 2 prequels.

Old Post 05-21-2017 05:08 AM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
LadyLuck

What I drive: 15 Civic Si
Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating: (16)

quote:

Saw it last night in IMAX, for someone that doesn't follow the whole Alien franchise and skipped a movie or two, I enjoyed this one.

What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
"It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

Old Post 05-21-2017 05:11 AM
LadyLuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LadyLuck Click here to Send LadyLuck a Private Message Find more posts by LadyLuck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
03ozwhip
Fourth Gear

What I drive: changes every year
Posts/Day: 0.98
Trader Rating: (29)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

Originally posted by Xtrema

Alien is great.

Aliens is an awesome popcorn movie.

ok. wtf does that even mean? lol

Last edited by 03ozwhip on 05-21-2017 at 10:17 PM

Old Post 05-21-2017 10:15 PM
03ozwhip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 03ozwhip Click here to Send 03ozwhip a Private Message Find more posts by 03ozwhip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.54
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Originally posted by 03ozwhip

ok. wtf does that even mean? lol

The 1st 2 Alien movies?

Old Post 05-23-2017 03:21 AM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
03ozwhip
Fourth Gear

What I drive: changes every year
Posts/Day: 0.98
Trader Rating: (29)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

lol no I meant why is one a popcorn movie but the other isn't? lol

Old Post 05-23-2017 03:35 AM
03ozwhip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 03ozwhip Click here to Send 03ozwhip a Private Message Find more posts by 03ozwhip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 05:13 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Entertainment > Alien Covenant

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: