Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Entertainment > Alien Covenant

Author
Thread
kragnorok

What I drive: 2003 Saab 9-3 Vector; 2015 Jeep Wrangler
Posts/Day: 0.01
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by blitz

This isn't the sequel to Prometheus? I thought that was the plan all along.

It definitely is some kind of follow-up/sequel to Prometheus, there are
some hints in the trailer showing that, but don't want to give too much away.

I did also read that apparently Ridley Scott wants to do a trilogy that takes place between Prometheus and the original Alien and this is the first of that trilogy, but that makes this still a follow up to Prometheus even if it's not considered a direct sequel.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-01-2017 06:41 PM
kragnorok is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kragnorok Click here to Send kragnorok a Private Message Find more posts by kragnorok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

16hypen3sp
First Gear

What I drive: '14 CBR 1000RR, '15 Victory Highball, '14 Ram 1500
Posts/Day: 0.60
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Originally posted by Xtrema
Showed too much. Teaser trailer was better.

Still excited. The theaters is going to get a lot of my $$$ this year.

Didn't show much of the Neomorph tho, which is what I'm interested in. The Xeno looks crazy!

I think this movie is at the top of my list for must-see-in-theatres this year!!!!!

07 CBR 600RR-Sold
11 Honda Fury-Sold
14 CBR 1000RR-Current
14 Ram 1500-Current
14 Optima LX-Current
15 Victory Highball-Current

Old Post 03-02-2017 04:42 AM
16hypen3sp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 16hypen3sp Click here to Send 16hypen3sp a Private Message Find more posts by 16hypen3sp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jonathanl10

What I drive: '16 Civic
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

I know a lot of people want this movie to be a DIRECT sequel to Prometheus where they follow Shaw's journey with David after to the Engineer's homeworld and wonder why they wanted humanity extinguished and the whole backstory around that.

However this movie is a followup sequel in terms of the Covenant crew finding the remnants of the last ship and having the story slowly transition to humanity's battle with the Aliens. Like everyone is saying, they do some stupid stuff right off the bat like not wear a helmet stepping outside an unknown planet for the first time and planting your face right in front of an opening egg. Dog tag in the trailer even says E.Shaw so it would imply she's dead and any scenes that the actress recorded is probably flashbacks, or vlog type material that the Covenant crew finds.

Old Post 03-02-2017 05:21 AM
Jonathanl10 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jonathanl10 Click here to Send Jonathanl10 a Private Message Find more posts by Jonathanl10 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 10:48 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Entertainment > Alien Covenant

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: