Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > Anyone rocking the Nvidia Shield (Android TV)?

Author
Thread
colsankey
Neutral

What I drive: 2011 Ralliart SB
Posts/Day: 0.07
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

I had to chrome cast hbo go from my phone last year. Bit of a pain since then my phone had to be plugged in more.

If theres a better way to get it im all ears. Also unable to find the amazon app, time to hit google., but if anyone has a link, Id appreciate it.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-31-2017 06:00 AM
colsankey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for colsankey Click here to Send colsankey a Private Message Find more posts by colsankey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

What I drive: 2017 Civic Hatch ST
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (28)
User Rating: 93%

quote:

Originally posted by colsankey
I had to chrome cast hbo go from my phone last year. Bit of a pain since then my phone had to be plugged in more.

If theres a better way to get it im all ears. Also unable to find the amazon app, time to hit google., but if anyone has a link, Id appreciate it.

The amazon app auto-installs with Android 7.0 which was out a while ago. Check for an update if you didn't get it automatically. Lots of new features added too - Nvidia is really great about the constant support.

Old Post 01-31-2017 06:04 AM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
colsankey
Neutral

What I drive: 2011 Ralliart SB
Trader Rating: (12)

quote:

I missed the earlier suggestion; disabling location services under settings, and then rebooting got the amazon app going with no problems.

Old Post 01-31-2017 01:51 PM
colsankey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for colsankey Click here to Send colsankey a Private Message Find more posts by colsankey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
schocker
Fifth Gear

What I drive: Euro Accord Brah
Posts/Day: 1.46
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

I think you would have to side-load the HBO app and make sure you set up a dns re-locator or vpn. That is why I still have my fire tv on the same tv as my shield as it uses a re-locator and then I have HBO and Hulu set up.

Old Post 01-31-2017 03:37 PM
schocker is online now Click Here to See the Profile for schocker Click here to Send schocker a Private Message Visit schocker's homepage! Find more posts by schocker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

quote:

I have location settings on and the Amazon app works just fine. That's strange. At least you got it going though.

Old Post 01-31-2017 03:38 PM
Mitsu3000gt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mitsu3000gt Click here to Send Mitsu3000gt a Private Message Find more posts by Mitsu3000gt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ipeefreely
Neutral

What I drive:
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Anyone using BBC iPlayer with Shield TV?

My wife wants to watch a show that was free before but some US station bought the rights so North America seems to be geo blocked now...

Any difference using NVIDIA app vs the Kodi add on ?

I was going to try Unblock-Us... is it as easy as changing the DNS settings on Shield?

Any others I should be looking at?

Thanks!

How do you respond to stupid?
Originally posted by rage2
Jesus fucking christ Rob Anders, learn to read your own links.
Originally posted by Seth1968
Zenops: Ok, but remember my dick is made of nickle.

Old Post 05-08-2017 02:45 AM
ipeefreely is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ipeefreely Click here to Send ipeefreely a Private Message Find more posts by ipeefreely Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Type_S1
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.16
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Is anyone's Netflix not working? When I try to load it it just sends a "cannot connect to Netflix (-111)" message back.

Old Post 05-08-2017 04:03 AM
Type_S1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Type_S1 Click here to Send Type_S1 a Private Message Find more posts by Type_S1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mitsu3000gt
E-Gear Paddle Shifter

quote:

Originally posted by Type_S1
Is anyone's Netflix not working? When I try to load it it just sends a "cannot connect to Netflix (-111)" message back.

Works for me still - haven't had a single issue with anything yet. Netflix and Plex are pretty bulletproof. Only thing I've noticed is KODI runs better if you let it load for a minute before diving into the menus.

Could try Sign out/in again, reinstalling the app or resetting, but I realize those are pretty obvious suggestions. Confirm your log-in info, see if Netflix runs on your phone/tablet, etc. Could be a new problem on the Netflix side as well. Those are basically the support steps for any Netflix issue.

Old Post 05-08-2017 06:12 PM
Hero_X
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (5)

quote:

Originally posted by Type_S1

force stop the netflix app

restart shield

there may be some updates that are pending; i've had this happen before

Old Post 05-09-2017 12:48 AM
Hero_X is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hero_X Click here to Send Hero_X a Private Message Find more posts by Hero_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Type_S1
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.16
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Thanks guys..I'm not sure why it wasn't working but I force stopped the app then uninstalled all updates and cleared the cache and now it is working.

On Kodi - is there anyway to binge watch like Netflix where the next episode in a series starts after the previous?

Old Post 05-09-2017 01:48 AM
Type_S1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Type_S1 Click here to Send Type_S1 a Private Message Find more posts by Type_S1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 01:39 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics > Anyone rocking the Nvidia Shield (Android TV)?

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: