Quantcast
Awesome Road Rage by The Gutter Doctor - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Awesome Road Rage by The Gutter Doctor

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Default Awesome Road Rage by The Gutter Doctor

A guy in a Gutter Doctor truck cut me off on Mt McKenzie Dr SE attempting to make a single lane road a dual lane road. Given that there were cars parked in the "lane" he was in, I'm not too sure what he was trying to do, but whatever.

I honked on my horn after he nearly hit my car, at which point he gave me the finger and yelled a bunch of stuff. Pretty common stuff from drivers in Calgary.

However, when I pulled into my townhouse complex and parked to get the mail he decided it'd be a super-cool thing to do to accelerate his truck towards me (I was now out of the vehicle walking towards my mailbox). I was thinking "I hope this dude fuckin hits me" while he was driving straight at me simply because there was a dozen people around that would have seen it. But, he didn't hit me and stopped about 3" away from where I was standing.

After another round of calling me a faggot, cocksucker, etc. he then proceeded to drive across the street where he got up on a roof and started to measure the eaves. I thought it was pretty cool that he decided to make it look like he was going to run me over, and I thought it was even more cool that him driving like an entitled asshole makes me a faggot (at least, as far as he's concerned).

Real professional, bud.

A call to the manager or better yet the owner of said business and problem gets sorted real fast. I'd also have taken his ladder as a token of war.

Here's a photo of some of the employees in Calgary, can you spot Waldo?:

http://gutterdoctor.ca/company.htm
    Last edited by CanmoreOrLess; 08-16-2014 at 08:15 AM.

My Ride

Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
    A call to the manager or better yet the owner of said business and problem gets sorted real fast. I'd also have taken his ladder as a token of war.
    I've read a few reviews about the Gutter Doctor and a bunch of them talk about the manager being just as dickish as this asshole was.

TBH since in the end there wasn't a fight, my property wasn't damaged, etc. I don't feel the need to call the business to complain. What could possibly come of it? The driver gets a slap on the wrist? LOL I'll pass.

However, there are lots of good eavestroughing companies in Calgary so maybe someone considering The Gutter Doctor finds this thread and decides to hire someone else. That'd be a good outcome as far as I'm concerned.

HEY YOU, PERSON CONSIDERING HIRING THE GUTTER DOCTOR. DON'T. HIRE A COMPANY THAT DOESN'T EMPLOY HATEFUL BIGOTS AND ROAD-RAGE ROID-MONKEYS.

Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
    Here's a photo of some of the employees in Calgary, can you spot Waldo?:

http://gutterdoctor.ca/company.htm
    No, but I did take a few pics of the truck, the douche on the roof (the guy who did all the screaming, obviously), and his license plate.

EDIT: The dude on the left looks like the guy from yesterday. That'd be hilarious if it was him.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

I called them for a quote on some very minor work, since they had signs up in the neighborhood. Took forever to get a response, then the quote was really high. He called a few days later, and when I said it was a fair bit more than I wanted to pay, he was a dick about it.

I saw the guy up on a roof off of Mt. McKenzie, yesterday I think. Must have been the same guy.

My Ride

Originally posted by The_Penguin
    I called them for a quote on some very minor work, since they had signs up in the neighborhood. Took forever to get a response, then the quote was really high. He called a few days later, and when I said it was a fair bit more than I wanted to pay, he was a dick about it.

I saw the guy up on a roof off of Mt. McKenzie, yesterday I think. Must have been the same guy.
    Yea I live in the townhouse complex directly in front of that house and that was Mr. Road Rager up there being all angry.

General consensus online is that this company resembles a giant bag of douche. That's what my experience has been too. At least they're consistent

My Ride
    Depends on the day

That's crazy that he would be that aggressive in a truck with a company name all over it. You should report him to the cops.

On a side note, I would have paid money to watch you "defend yourself" against that guy

My Ride

Originally posted by kvg
    That's crazy that he would be that aggressive in a truck with a company name all over it. You should report him to the cops.

On a side note, I would have paid money to watch you "defend yourself" against that guy
    I was pretty sure when he was driving his truck towards me that I was going to have to. Maybe he lost his nerve when he got close to me? Who knows, but I can't see any other reason why someone would mash the gas and drive directly toward a pedestrian unless they were intending to start a fight.

Pics:

The totally awesome truck:
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Mr. Road Rager himself:
    click for larger version

My Ride
    Ford

i would have had a new ladder.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride

Originally posted by blairtruck
    i would have had a new ladder.
    Given that he just tried to run me over I felt it best to give Mr. Road Rager a wide berth. Dude is clearly unstable.

Look at how safely all that stuff is secured while he drives around town.
    click for larger version

My Ride
    Ford

shouldnt he be tied off. Call ohs
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

Wow - good job keeping your cool - that guy definitely deserves to be slapped around a bit. I'm surprised he took it that far, most guys might flip you off and honk, but it usually ends there.

You do SEO work, correct? Why don't you call the manager and tell him you want a written apology, the driver to take an anger management course, and a defensive driving course (not unreasonable requests given his actions)... or you'll be absolutely destroying his business. A plethora of reviews, real or not, go a long way in causing a business to flourish or flop

Could leave it alone too - the world balances itself out - I mean, the guy cleans gutters for a living.... that's enough punishment right there

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Should have pinched his ladder, then called OHS so he gets a nice fat ticket.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride

Originally posted by Env-Consultant
    Wow - good job keeping your cool - that guy definitely deserves to be slapped around a bit. I'm surprised he took it that far, most guys might flip you off and honk, but it usually ends there.

You do SEO work, correct? Why don't you call the manager and tell him you want a written apology, the driver to take an anger management course, and a defensive driving course (not unreasonable requests given his actions)... or you'll be absolutely destroying his business. A plethora of reviews, real or not, go a long way in causing a business to flourish or flop

Could leave it alone too - the world balances itself out - I mean, the guy cleans gutters for a living.... that's enough punishment right there
    I am an internet marketer, yes, but it's not really worth my time to go and fuck over the dudes business. That said, I've posted a few reviews (including this one).

I have a feeling we'll be hearing from the business one way or the other.

And I only kept my cool because had I reacted part of the blame would have been with me. I learned a long time ago that if you let someone incriminate themselves, like this assclown did, they will.

My Ride

A few people have suggested I call the police. Would they even do anything in this case given that I've got nothing recorded? I thought my OjoCam was working but I was mistaken.

Paging phil?

My Ride
    Depends on the day

If you report him and give a statement they will more then likely charge him with dangerous driving.

My Ride
    toyotas, mitsu, and a ford

If you really press the cops they will charge him with dangerous driving like kvg said. That being said just because hes charged it is unlikely in the end he will actually get convicted since it really is your word against his so it comes down to who the judge believes(and they generally don't go throwing around dangerous driving charges since it a pretty serious offence). Not only that since you are the one making the accusations your also gonna have to spend your day in court.

If you had a witness or a video it would of likely stuck but given the circumstances I think its a waste of your time.

My Ride
    NC1

Bro! If you didn't back out of the dash cam order you would have had him man!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

So, I gotta ask.... if he was working on a house right across the street, why not confront him when he parked?

Talk to the neighbours. Go with another company and you should have packed his ladder up for him.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

If he was doing as you said that's about as clear as daylight for threats.

Tbh especially with the reviews I would want this on file with the police since he now knows where you live.

The police take this very seriously and you could definitely get a conviction. You have as much evidence as basically any domestic violence case and you said yourself there were 16 people watching.

Douche canoes deserve to be cut off to drift..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast