Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > Barn wood bird feeders and houses

Author
Thread
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.65
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 104%

Barn wood bird feeders and houses quote:

So I've got access to really old barn wood, some is lichen covered even, some with paint remnants and I am toying with the idea of building some barn wood bird houses and feeders. All cut edges would be aged and modified to look as ok'd as the face of the wood I would be using. Is there a market out there for such?

I'll include an example of something I threw together some 18 years ago just using fence boards and after those 18 years, the wood has aged very nicely IMO. Having access to already aged wood just speeds everything up. I'll post up a picture of my old feeder in a bit.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-13-2017 12:59 AM
speedog is online now Click Here to See the Profile for speedog Click here to Send speedog a Private Message Find more posts by speedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

All sorts of shit can be made with barnwood,a nd it'll sell like hotcakes at farmers markets and fairs etc.

Old Post 04-13-2017 01:29 AM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:

quote:

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
All sorts of shit can be made with barnwood,a nd it'll sell like hotcakes at farmers markets and fairs etc.

My 18+ year old fence board feeder, nothing was done to age it except keep it hanging in our apple tree. Anything I build moving forward will be a bit better looking but I will still try to keep the crooked lines and such because I think it adds that old, abandoned in disrepair building look.

click for larger version
» Click image for larger version

Old Post 04-13-2017 02:23 PM
speedog is online now Click Here to See the Profile for speedog Click here to Send speedog a Private Message Find more posts by speedog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blairtruck
First Gear

What I drive: Ford
Posts/Day: 0.08
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

im pretty sure my FIL payed about $100 for this birdhouse made from reclaim.
click for larger version
» Click image for larger version

Old Post 04-13-2017 04:07 PM
blairtruck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blairtruck Click here to Send blairtruck a Private Message Find more posts by blairtruck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thaco
sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)

What I drive: Rage2
Posts/Day: 0.72
Trader Rating: (29)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

i dont think you'd make a living off it but if you consider it a hobby and enjoy doing it, i am sure you'll make a few dollars.

Old Post 04-13-2017 04:22 PM
Thaco is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Thaco Click here to Send Thaco a Private Message Find more posts by Thaco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
speedog
Second Gear

What I drive:

quote:

No intention at all of making a living off if it. Just something to play around with in my spare time. So much of the barn wood stuff has clean cut edges that don't look aged at all, easily can be made to look old if one knows how and looks much more authentic as well.

Old Post 04-13-2017 04:27 PM
Brent.ff
Neutral

What I drive: '14 Taco
Posts/Day: 0.11
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

How much barnwoood do you have? I need to make an 'arch' for my wedding and it would probably look sweet... shoot me a pm if you wanna get rid of some/sell some

Old Post 04-13-2017 04:27 PM
Brent.ff is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Brent.ff Click here to Send Brent.ff a Private Message Find more posts by Brent.ff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 05:20 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > Barn wood bird feeders and houses

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: