Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Real Estate / Finance > Best no-fee bank account?

Author
Thread
My_name_is_Rob
Neutral

What I drive: 1wd, 2wd, AWD
Posts/Day: 0.05
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by Thaco
cibc also has unlimited emts https://www.cibc.com/en/special-offers/cibc-smart.html

Originally posted by BigMass

going to agree with Sugarphreak

https://www.tdcanadatrust.com/produ...l-inclusive.jsp
unlimited free EMTs

Been on it for about 20 years now and it includes tons of benefits like their autoclub and no fee cash back visas etc.
Just gotta maintain a 5k balance

Those aren't bad options, but I only ever have a couple hundred in my spending account at any given time. I would have a hard time leaving $3,000 or $5,000 in the account with such low interest rates, just to not have to pay the monthly fees.

TD Every Day Savings Account

$0 to $999.99 0.05%
$1,000 to $4,999.99 0.05%
$5,000 to $9,999.99 0.05%
$10,000 to $24,999.99 0.05%
$25,000 to $59,999.99 0.05%
$60,000 and over 0.05%

CIBC eAdvantageŽ Savings Account

Balance $5,000 or more 0.50%

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-22-2016 04:06 AM
My_name_is_Rob is offline Click Here to See the Profile for My_name_is_Rob Click here to Send My_name_is_Rob a Private Message Find more posts by My_name_is_Rob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Thaco
sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)

What I drive: Rage2
Posts/Day: 0.71
Trader Rating: (29)
User Rating: 90%

quote:

Originally posted by My_name_is_Rob

Those aren't bad options, but I only ever have a couple hundred in my spending account at any given time. I would have a hard time leaving $3,000 or $5,000 in the account with such low interest rates, just to not have to pay the monthly fees.

you wont find any (decent) free options with no balance, i guess you're stuck with PC.

Old Post 12-22-2016 04:11 AM
Thaco is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Thaco Click here to Send Thaco a Private Message Find more posts by Thaco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flipstah
The Gimp

What I drive: exploded.
Posts/Day: 1.98
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

Tangerine has a feature called Switch Assistant, which easily helps you transist.

Let's see how good this switch assistant is tomorrow.

Old Post 12-22-2016 04:14 AM
flipstah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipstah Click here to Send flipstah a Private Message Visit flipstah's homepage! Find more posts by flipstah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
01RedDX
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (22)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

you wont find any (decent) free options with no balance, i guess you're stuck with PC.

Not true, First Calgary "No Fees For Me" account has no minimum balance requirement.

https://www.firstcalgary.com/Accounts/

Old Post 12-22-2016 04:24 AM
01RedDX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 01RedDX Click here to Send 01RedDX a Private Message Find more posts by 01RedDX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwslam
Second Gear

What I drive: is easy to spot
Posts/Day: 0.43
Trader Rating: (61)
User Rating: 96%

quote:

Originally posted by flipstah
Tangerine has a feature called Switch Assistant, which easily helps you transist.

Let's see how good this switch assistant is tomorrow.

Wanna use my referral code?

Originally posted by My_name_is_Rob

Wut?!
Let's say you have $5000 balance

TD @ 0.05% = $0.21/month in interest but saves you $29.99 in fees, in addition to all the benefits plus a bank that actually has hours that make sense
CIBC @ 0.50% = $2.08/month in interest for, in my opinion, putting money into a brick vault with limited access.

Last edited by jwslam on 12-22-2016 at 02:56 PM

Old Post 12-22-2016 02:50 PM
jwslam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jwslam Click here to Send jwslam a Private Message Find more posts by jwslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
My_name_is_Rob
Neutral

What I drive: 1wd, 2wd, AWD
Posts/Day: 0.05
User Rating: 98%

quote:

Originally posted by jwslam

Wanna use my referral code?

Wut?!
Let's say you have $5000 balance

TD @ 0.05% = $0.21/month in interest but saves you $29.99 in fees, in addition to all the benefits plus a bank that actually has hours that make sense
CIBC @ 0.50% = $2.08/month in interest for, in my opinion, putting money into a brick vault with limited access.

Sorry, I wasn't comparing TD's rate to CIBC's, I was just posting them up to save time. I think they are both low for the record.

Old Post 12-23-2016 05:56 AM
My_name_is_Rob is offline Click Here to See the Profile for My_name_is_Rob Click here to Send My_name_is_Rob a Private Message Find more posts by My_name_is_Rob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blownz
First Gear

What I drive: F10
Posts/Day: 0.17
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Has anyone opened a Tangerine account just for the interest? I am wondering how easy it is to transfer money back and forth between the Tangerine savings account and a chequing account at another bank.

I want to take advantage of the 6 months of 2.4% interest they have but I am not planning on switching everything from RBC. And I will want to move about $3K every 2 weeks from RBC to Tangerine and don't want it to be a PITA. Anyone with experience doing this?

Also, if someone wants to PM me a referral code I will use it.

Old Post 12-23-2016 05:04 PM
blownz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blownz Click here to Send blownz a Private Message Find more posts by blownz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jwslam
Second Gear

What I drive: is easy to spot
Posts/Day: 0.43
Trader Rating: (61)

quote:

Originally posted by blownz
Has anyone opened a Tangerine account just for the interest? I am wondering how easy it is to transfer money back and forth between the Tangerine savings account and a chequing account at another bank.

I want to take advantage of the 6 months of 2.4% interest they have but I am not planning on switching everything from RBC. And I will want to move about $3K every 2 weeks from RBC to Tangerine and don't want it to be a PITA. Anyone with experience doing this?

I have my Tangerine savings linked to my TD chequings doing an auto-withdraw every payday. All other transfers between the two accounts are done on the Tangerine site, very intuitive. There's a 3-5 business day transfer though.

PMing the ref code now.

Old Post 12-23-2016 05:32 PM
jwslam is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jwslam Click here to Send jwslam a Private Message Find more posts by jwslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ipeefreely
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.07

quote:

Originally posted by jwslam

I have my Tangerine savings linked to my TD chequings doing an auto-withdraw every payday. All other transfers between the two accounts are done on the Tangerine site, very intuitive. There's a 3-5 business day transfer though.

Takes one/two day(s) for me (transfer on 19th night arrives on the 21st morning) TD to Tangerine.

I've been with TD for 20 years & Tangerine(ING) 11.

I really like the Cheque-In Deposit. I haven't use an ATM since I started using that!

Maybe I should start pushing referrals on people... I only have one from my sister @ $25!

How do you respond to stupid?
Originally posted by rage2
Jesus fucking christ Rob Anders, learn to read your own links.
Originally posted by Seth1968
Zenops: Ok, but remember my dick is made of nickle.

Old Post 12-24-2016 02:13 AM
ipeefreely is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ipeefreely Click here to Send ipeefreely a Private Message Find more posts by ipeefreely Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
italianstylez
Neutral

What I drive: E93 335is, F32 435xi, '16 Denali 1500
Posts/Day: 0.14
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Im with first Calgary , no fees at all, unlimited use, 3 free e transfers a month, decent credit card rate as well, (only one I have seems good)
Their hours aren't ideal but worth it.

Old Post 12-24-2016 03:23 AM
italianstylez is offline Click Here to See the Profile for italianstylez Click here to Send italianstylez a Private Message Find more posts by italianstylez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chester
Second Gear

What I drive: fuel efficient gas guzzler
Posts/Day: 0.31

quote:

i use CIBC, free unlimited if you keep 3k+ in there.

Ditto. Unlimited e-transfers as well.

Dear Sriracha Sauce, you're the only thing with a cock on it that I want in my mouth.

Old Post 01-05-2017 07:41 PM
Chester is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chester Click here to Send Chester a Private Message Find more posts by Chester Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
flipstah
The Gimp

What I drive: exploded.
Posts/Day: 1.98
User Rating: 102%

quote:

Switching banks is a PITA for $11/mth.

Old Post 01-05-2017 08:24 PM
flipstah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipstah Click here to Send flipstah a Private Message Visit flipstah's homepage! Find more posts by flipstah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mzdspd
Neutral

What I drive: LNF

quote:

Originally posted by blownz

Just so you know as well.. After the 6 months @2.4% is up, tangerine will offer you a new deal.. Some people are getting up to 3.25% for an additional 6 months.

You can either call them and hassle for a deal and they will also offer you a deal on your account web page.

Old Post 01-05-2017 08:54 PM
mzdspd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mzdspd Click here to Send mzdspd a Private Message Find more posts by mzdspd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hurrdurr
First Gear

What I drive: xJUAN
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

Bump

Just realized i'm spending about $250 a year with TD including EMT fees.

Thinking of making the switch, so far tangerine seems the best.

What are the drawbacks of not having an actual branch?

Old Post 02-22-2017 08:54 PM
hurrdurr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hurrdurr Click here to Send hurrdurr a Private Message Find more posts by hurrdurr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sugarphreak
Fifth Gear

What I drive: 1.6L full of angry bees
Posts/Day: 2.09
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 155%

quote:

Originally posted by hurrdurr
Bump

I haven't paid a single dollar in fees at TD for the past 15 years... just keep a 5K minimum balance and you can have the best plan, plus all the perks for free.

It is good to have an extra 5K sitting there anyway in case you run into an emergency of some kind

Old Post 02-22-2017 09:04 PM
Sugarphreak is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sugarphreak Click here to Send Sugarphreak a Private Message Find more posts by Sugarphreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.55
Trader Rating: (4)

quote:

Originally posted by hurrdurr
Bump

Like SP said, if you have $5K in any account,. TFSA or RRSP included, you should not have to pay fees.

Both RBC and TD is free for me.

Old Post 02-22-2017 09:49 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TomcoPDR
Slanty Gwai Lo

What I drive: Bowtie
Posts/Day: 0.73
Trader Rating: (78)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

I haven't paid a single dollar in fees at TD for the past 15 years... just keep a 5K minimum balance and you can have the best plan, plus all the perks for free.

It is good to have an extra 5K sitting there anyway in case you run into an emergency of some kind

Originally posted by Xtrema

Like SP said, if you have $5K in any account,. TFSA or RRSP included, you should not have to pay fees.

Both RBC and TD is free for me.

And if you setup a business account and keep $65,000, the TD business unlimited account fees will be wavied too. Which includes unlimited free EMT (interact etransfer).

On a side note, I notice interact or TD added the etransfer cancellation fee of $5

Old Post 02-22-2017 10:17 PM
TomcoPDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TomcoPDR Click here to Send TomcoPDR a Private Message Find more posts by TomcoPDR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brent.ff
Neutral

What I drive: '14 Taco
Posts/Day: 0.11

quote:

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

ding ding. that account, plus having the TD Infinite Travel Visa with fees waived is definitely worth the holding of 5k. And does give you a nice healthy buffer

Old Post 02-22-2017 10:18 PM
Brent.ff is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brent.ff Click here to Send Brent.ff a Private Message Find more posts by Brent.ff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thetransporter
First Gear

What I drive: acura TYPE A
Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating: (1)

quote:

ING is best /tangerine

Old Post 03-06-2017 06:03 AM
thetransporter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thetransporter Click here to Send thetransporter a Private Message Find more posts by thetransporter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 02:27 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Real Estate / Finance > Best no-fee bank account?

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: