Quantcast
Beyond.ca presents - DRIVEN 2012, Olympic Oval, June 9 - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Beyond.ca presents - DRIVEN 2012, Olympic Oval, June 9

My Ride
    Cummins F10

Kudos to Vex for cleaning a black GTR with glass cleaner!

Last edited by T-Dubbs; 06-09-2012 at 08:28 AM.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    The criteria for being a Beyond Baller is simply knowing you are one.
    Deleted F10 535d
    My hybrid burns Diesel & Oil

My Ride
    E46 M3 Turbo, JZS161, UCF30, BP9, S30

^
    Yep it was raining like crazy....I even cleaned my car with glass cleaner. What can ya do
    Haltech Factory Trained and Elite Certified / AEM EMS and Infinity Factory Trained Tuner / ECUTek Factory Trained Tuner for FRS-BRZ and R35 GTR / HKS Pro Tuner / Apexi Power Exel Certified Tuner

Proud to be a "hater" that defends Authenticity

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

Good event, I was happy to run into a lot of people I lost touch with, thanks to beyond for your efforts.

It was interesting talking with OG beyond members about the then-&-now comparison of shows a decade ago and the modern driven show. The Calgary scene has come a looong way
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Show is awesome this year-so many awesome cars!
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

My Ride
    changes every year

Ran into a lot of beyonders and friends at the show, didn't get to meet some of the guys I wanted and totally forgot my camera in the car, but either way, best Driven show I have been to, hands down.

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

My Ride
    RWD/AWD/2WD

Oh man that blonde asian

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

My Ride
    Grimace

Whoops, forgot about it
    I await the pictures!

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

i lost my 35mm f2 somewhere along the way there. ffffff

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    click for larger version
    click for larger version
    Last edited by soupey; 06-09-2012 at 10:50 PM.

My Ride
    growls

Im sad that I didn't win best female tuner.. oh well. Had a fun day, nice to see everyone and the cars!

My Ride
    CNG Injected

Lol at the best ek award was given to a em1?

My Ride
    DC2

Originally posted by streethondas
    Lol at the best ek award was given to a em1?
    Because there we're no eks at the show? No cars in canada had ek code

My Ride
    Mirage

Current Whips:
    2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
    2004 Silverado 2500HD 7" Lift
    2001 Silverado StepSide 2/3 Lowered

My Ride
    oooo

Originally posted by T-Dubbs
    Kudos to Vex for cleaning a black GTR with glass cleaner!

This guy did a fast (poppin' BOV) u turn on 17th right infront of 1410 and parked it in the no stopping zone around 11:00. I was surprised at 12:30 when we all left that it never got towed.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Show was great. Lots of new cars compared to previous shows and tons of people through the doors.

Big thanks to Mark and his team for putting this on. Hope you guys are back in 2013.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by 88CRX

Show was great. Lots of new cars compared to previous shows and tons of people through the doors.

Big thanks to Mark and his team for putting this on. Hope you guys are back in 2013.

I second this...GREAT show...Amazing job put on by Markis and all of his volunteer staff....thank you again for putting the show on and we'll see you next year fo shizzle!!....

On a side note...I have been seeing and hearing a TON of hate for the judges and the awards given out...All of the winners of the various awards were amazingly well deserved....They poured their time, money, blood, sweat, tears, and in some cases lives into what they built. You have no idea how hard it is to judge a show like this, especially on the scale of driven yesterday.

I have seen tweets, and FB statuses, about how so and so shouldn't have won, how person "X" has more done to their car than person"Y"...If you are only building your car for recognition of 6 or so judges who walk around and judge your car based on a few criteria so you can win a trophy at the end of the night then you are building your car for the wrong reasons. If you feel that your car has nuances that should be noted when it is being judged then BE THERE for when the judges are walking around your car. Tell them how you have done this or that, or why a certain mod should garner you a few extra points or scrutiny.

Have I won awards in the past for hollie??...sure I have....does it feel great??...yeah it does I am not gonna lie...But for mostly anyone I know...it means way more to have some random come up to you during the show and tell you that your car is one of the nicest *random make/models* they have seen in town, or the reason they did whatever mod to their car....If you want to win a trophy, or an accolade...power to you...but make your car, your mods, your personality stand out in your work...don't cookie cutter your shit and expect to be noticed...
    ...@therealarifjina...

Originally posted by EK 2.0

I second this...GREAT show...Amazing job put on by Markis and all of his volunteer staff....thank you again for putting the show on and we'll see you next year fo shizzle!!....

On a side note...I have been seeing and hearing a TON of hate for the judges and the awards given out...All of the winners of the various awards were amazingly well deserved....They poured their time, money, blood, sweat, tears, and in some cases lives into what they built. You have no idea how hard it is to judge a show like this, especially on the scale of driven yesterday.

I have seen tweets, and FB statuses, about how so and so shouldn't have won, how person "X" has more done to their car than person"Y"...If you are only building your car for recognition of 6 or so judges who walk around and judge your car based on a few criteria so you can win a trophy at the end of the night then you are building your car for the wrong reasons. If you feel that your car has nuances that should be noted when it is being judged then BE THERE for when the judges are walking around your car. Tell them how you have done this or that, or why a certain mod should garner you a few extra points or scrutiny.

Have I won awards in the past for hollie??...sure I have....does it feel great??...yeah it does I am not gonna lie...But for mostly anyone I know...it means way more to have some random come up to you during the show and tell you that your car is one of the nicest *random make/models* they have seen in town, or the reason they did whatever mod to their car....If you want to win a trophy, or an accolade...power to you...but make your car, your mods, your personality stand out in your work...don't cookie cutter your shit and expect to be noticed...

i agree although i was a bit disappointed that my car wasn't even judged at all (sheet on my windshield was still blank throughout the show) i got numerous kudos for my wheels and just random people letting me know about my interior so in a sense that felt awesome.

this was my first show entering and i felt totally welcome repping illmotion (thanks prashant!!) and everyone was just pleasant to be around. i had a great time and look forward to going to more in the future!!

My Ride
    Ram

great show guys, impressed by the turnout!!!

My Ride
    Rust bucketz

Really awesome show, I had a great
    Time. Although I think next year I'll bring my S13 instead of my Chevelle, seemed to be allot more imports then anything.

Either way it was my first show to enter a car into and it was a really good experience. Big thanks to all the organizers, you all did a great job.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast