Quantcast
Beyond User Rating - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond User Rating

Yeah basically i lost 8 in one arguement that i should have been kept to pm, lesson learned. 1 for bumping a for sale thread one day too soon, my bad thats my fault whatever and then 1 for what i mentioned above. But anyway Kloubek is probably right i can plead my case all i want but its probably not gonna get me too far, i still believe that i shouldn't lose a user rating percent for not breaking any rules. I guess ill just leave that as my 2 cents and if i get that 1 percent user rating back then awesome, if not i'm not gonna lose sleep over it.

My Ride
    Hatred

I like Kloubek's idea a little there. Or at least we have to refine the marketplace rules.

I buy and sell a fair bit on Beyond and in my opinion would really appreciate if there was provisions for reporting erroneous information in FS ads. If someone knows that a person is scamming or providing false information to help the sale we should be able to report it somehow.
    Last edited by Unknown303; 03-16-2010 at 10:56 AM.
    -U

My Ride
    '04 Solara, and planks of hardrock maple.

Originally posted by Pollywog
    Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

- Post nuked by hampstor per rule (point not deducted this time):
    Don't be annoying, respect your fellow members. Annoying everyone is enough of a reason to get yourself banned
    THIS is how rule-breaking posts should be handled. Not only do am I actually informed of what I did wrong, I also am able to pm hampstor in case I have any further questions regarding the rules. Simple.

Other than this one post in particular, offenders are left with no clue as to what they did wrong in the first place while at the same time are penalized for it. This as a result just leaves more opportunities for repeat offences. A little extra effort in the beginning may save a lot more effort in the end.

All things aside, I agree with the last few posts and am just going to suck it up.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

THIS is how rule-breaking posts should be handled. Not only do am I actually informed of what I did wrong, I also am able to pm hampstor in case I have any further questions regarding the rules. Simple.

Other than this one post in particular, offenders are left with no clue as to what they did wrong in the first place while at the same time are penalized for it. This as a result just leaves more opportunities for repeat offences. A little extra effort in the beginning may save a lot more effort in the end.

All things aside, I agree with the last few posts and am just going to suck it up.
    Do you know how many post/thread are edited and/or deleted every day? Shit would take forever.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by 88CRX

Do you know how many post/thread are edited and/or deleted every day? Shit would take forever.
    I agree. As much as having an explaination would be AWESOME, it takes too long for the moderators (who, I remind you all) are doing this job without getting anything back in return.

Still, a mild *suggestion* for them to put in an explaination IF THEY HAVE THE TIME wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...

My Ride

Just saying, if no one knows what the hell they did wrong in the first place it becomes quite challenging for them to adjust their behavior accordingly. I am struggling to see how typing your name and perhaps just two words, such as "no price", ""racist comment", "annoying post", etc. would be any more time consuming than even typing www.beyond.ca.

Yes, I realize this does not apply to every situation.
    Last edited by Pollywog; 03-16-2010 at 11:34 AM.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Just saying, if no one knows what the hell they did wrong in the first place it becomes quite challenging for them to adjust their behavior accordingly.

When they don't know what they did wrong they usually make a thread (like this one) and ask.

Then they are reminded in a friendly manner to re-read the rules and then ask any questions they may have in regards to the rules.

I would say that 90% of all posts nuked in the marketplace are people posting when they're not interested in buying the item for sale.

Nice car.... seen it on deerfoot.... shitz tiiiiiight dawg!
    Overpriced..... these are only $20 new..... scamer.
    I will buy in 6 months if you still have this for sale and I win the lottery.
    Maybe I'll start keeping track of the crap that get's deleted to prove my point further.

My Ride
    has three pedals.

2002 Chevy Corvette for sale in marketplace:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/295256/fs...-corvette-z06/

Post in that thread:

EDIT

Didn't take long to get completely erased.
    Last edited by scat19; 03-16-2010 at 12:04 PM.

My Ride

When they don't know what they did wrong they usually make a thread (like this one) and ask.
    Well, personally it seems much more logical to have handled the situation in a simple manner so that these threads don't have to pop up every two weeks where we bitch back and forth about the enforcement of the site's rules. The consistency of these type of threads makes it quite apparent that the enforcement of the rules is flawed.

Maybe I'll start keeping track of the crap that get's deleted to prove my point further.
    What is your point? That typing your 5 letter name and a two word description is extremely time consuming?

Last edited by Pollywog; 03-16-2010 at 12:02 PM.

My Ride

Originally posted by scat19
    2002 Chevy Corvette for sale in marketplace:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/295256/fs...-corvette-z06/

Post in that thread:

EDIT

Didn't take long to get completely erased.
    Funny, somehow that situation didn't justify a 1% deduction.
    In defence of the moderators though, quite a few mods on here have been deducted ratings too, so its not like they are treated much different.
    Last edited by Pollywog; 03-16-2010 at 01:00 PM.

My Ride
    Hatred

I remember when Kenny reset the user ratings so he could post in the market place.
    -U

My Ride
    Audi

Just saying, if no one knows what the hell they did wrong in the first place it becomes quite challenging for them to adjust their behavior accordingly. I am struggling to see how typing your name and perhaps just two words, such as "no price", ""racist comment", "annoying post", etc. would be any more time consuming than even typing www.beyond.ca.

I removed your post and edited in the note/rule to see how long it'd take for me to do it. Depending on the circumstances id consider doing that. However you're not a new user and you should already know the rules. Especially since this isnt the first time you've complained about the marketplace rules.

My Ride
    NC1

It's too time consuming for a moderator to have to edit every post. If somehow the admin coded something in where a mod deleted a post which shows that moderator's name, then I guess yeah.

But seriously, just follow the rules. 95% of the members don't give a shit about getting pts deducted. Mods do this stuff on their free time for fuck sakes. lol
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

Mods,

I have finally read the rules and have realized why my points were getting taken off, and Plan to not make those mistakes again. But after reading through all these posts how would it be possible to get back a few points to be able to post in the marketplace again ?

Thanks

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Dood. Just start another account.

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

I like this one. It's been around for a while. Thanks for the idea though

My Ride
    Axis powers

can a mod please tell me why i lost another %? i've gone back through my posts and don't see anything wrong with anything posted nor has anything been 'removed by a moderator'
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by adam c
    can a mod please tell me why i lost another %? i've gone back through my posts and don't see anything wrong with anything posted nor has anything been 'removed by a moderator'
    Possible culprit? http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...00#post3428600

My Ride
    Axis powers

that's pretty dumb to lose a point for something almost 2 weeks ago, only reason i bumped it was cause the show was that night

oh well
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by adam c
    that's pretty dumb to lose a point for something almost 2 weeks ago, only reason i bumped it was cause the show was that night

oh well
    No idea, I didnt do that one. However mods don't hit every thread every day. If someone sent us a heads up or one of us stumbled on it through our marketplace travels, we'll still nuke it no matter how long it's been.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast