Quantcast
Beyond User Rating - Page 13 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond User Rating

My Ride
    06 S2000

So back in March, according to 88CRX:

- There is no need to bump your thread EVERYDAY, so don't do it.
    Now:

Excessive bumping will result in a closed thread (once a week TOPS).
    "bump" type posts are to be separated by at least ONE "non-bump" type post
    Thread in question:
    http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...hreadid=310692

I bumped it once, 6 days after creating the thread. Now the rules says that excessive bumping will result in a closed thread. It doesn't say "We will nuke your post, which will leave the bumped thread at the top regardless, and nuke a point, rather than closing it like the rules say."

Honestly, I agree with the rules, but I don't see an issue bumping it 6 days later, which is technically a week later (Sat one week vs Fri the next week, is a different week).

Maybe it should be updated again to say "7 days apart, minimum"?
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    RHD-S13/LHD-S13

Requesting that moderator A790 lose 1% user rating for his post in this thread:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...=&pagenumber=2

In breach of market place rule number 8:

Do not post if you have no intention of buying the item at the time of your post

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by cjay^

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...p;pagenumber=2

Do not post if you have no intention of buying the item at the time of your post
    Do you have any idea of how many posts of yours I've nuked without docking a point?

Guess that's one courtesy I won't extend to you anymore.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Wow cjay... I hope getting his point docked was worth it. Why would you not just mind your own business? Seriously.

He was providing a public service announcement in his post... suggesting inexperienced drivers don't buy it. I thought that was worthwhile, but now that you had his post deleted I'll have to bump it and say the same thing anyway.

So in essence, the only thing you really proved is your an ass. Congrats - we get it. Loud and clear.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by cjay^

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...p;pagenumber=2

I hope you realize what you just did....and it was stupid
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
    So back in March, according to 88CRX:

Now:

Thread in question:
    http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...hreadid=310692

I bumped it once, 6 days after creating the thread. Now the rules says that excessive bumping will result in a closed thread. It doesn't say "We will nuke your post, which will leave the bumped thread at the top regardless, and nuke a point, rather than closing it like the rules say."

Honestly, I agree with the rules, but I don't see an issue bumping it 6 days later, which is technically a week later (Sat one week vs Fri the next week, is a different week).

Maybe it should be updated again to say "7 days apart, minimum"?

Your logic is , there is 7 days in a week no?So if you bumped it on Saturday, another week would be 7 days later which wouldbe the following Saturday, not Friday, I love how people say they know the rules but complain about this and that, the rules are pretty clear.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Originally posted by dj_rice

Your logic is , there is 7 days in a week no?So if you bumped it on Saturday, another week would be 7 days later which wouldbe the following Saturday, not Friday, I love how people say they know the rules but complain about this and that, the rules are pretty clear.
    So for example, it's Thursday today. I say "Tuesday, next week", I'm referring to the 10th, which is 5 days from now, but is still next week, is it not? Or do your weeks start on Fridays?

It doesn't say a week apart, it doesn't say 7 days apart, it says once a week.

I also suggested that they update the rules to reflect this.

EDIT:
    Think of it this way. Pretend that it's July 28th. I say "Hey, the super meet is on August 4th, next month". That is indeed the next month, yet in reality, 7 days away, not a full 30.

Same deal, except with the week. I honestly don't see the point in nuking a post that was <24 hours early on a bump. Considering how little I use the forums, and since they've implemented the system, have had no issues till now, with a +40 rating, I would hope for at least a slight amount of leniency. I'm not out to abuse the system, I'm out to get a bloody replacement remote.
    Last edited by LilDrunkenSmurf; 08-05-2010 at 11:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

So for example, it's Thursday today. I say &quot;Tuesday, next week&quot;, I'm referring to the 10th, which is 5 days from now, but is still next week, is it not? Or do your weeks start on Fridays?

It doesn't say a week apart, it doesn't say 7 days apart, it says once a week.

I also suggested that they update the rules to reflect this.

EDIT:
    Think of it this way. Pretend that it's July 28th. I say &quot;Hey, the super meet is on August 4th, next month&quot;. That is indeed the next month, yet in reality, 7 days away, not a full 30.

Same deal, except with the week. I honestly don't see the point in nuking a post that was &lt;24 hours early on a bump. Considering how little I use the forums, and since they've implemented the system, have had no issues till now, with a +40 rating, I would hope for at least a slight amount of leniency. I'm not out to abuse the system, I'm out to get a bloody replacement remote.
    Hey man, the rules are the rules. I got docked a point for posting in a thread 6 days after the last bump. Shit happens :P
    Originally posted by dj_rice

I hope you realize what you just did....and it was stupid
    Do you know those people who complain for the sake of complaining? That's cjay.

And no, nothing BAD will happen to him or anything. Just, the next time I see him posting in a thread about pricing or whatever, I will knock a point off instead of just nuking the post and letting it slide since his rating is already kind of low. I do that sometimes for members I've seen around for a while... instead of nuking a point EVERY time, I let it slide for a bit until it's obvious that they aren't getting the hint.

My Ride
    charger R/T w R&T, soon 2010 camaro

So when does the week start? So if i bump it on Friday and the week is about to end I can bump it on Sunday again because that's the start of a new week?

My Ride
    '04 Solara, and planks of hardrock maple.

Originally posted by banned3x
    So when does the week start? So if i bump it on Friday and the week is about to end I can bump it on Sunday again because that's the start of a new week?
    I have my troll-meter turned off so I'll give you an answer.

One week = 7 days in succession.

I lost a point here.... but i have no idea what i posted. It couldn't have been anything bad about the car because i love that 944.

Can a mod shed some light? I am back below 90% again...

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...90#post3489890

LOL, I never thought I would ever post on this thread, after 7 years, I finally fucked up. I miss my 1 point already.

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

I still want my one point back! Ive made some good posts and helped out some people on here with things

My Ride
    '19 GTI

I think there should be a way to get it back SOMEHOW...
    Obviously not as easy as it is to get them taken away, but for example, like demerits on your license, you get them back after 3 years with clean driving.

But would it make sense to do it something along the lines of license demerits and having positive trader comments on your side?

Actually 2 years for points, and 3 years for it to come off your record .

My Ride
    Depends on the day

Originally posted by swak
    I think there should be a way to get it back SOMEHOW...
    Obviously not as easy as it is to get them taken away, but for example, like demerits on your license, you get them back after 3 years with clean driving.
    +1

I lost one for saying something nice about an nsx I saw on market place

and one for being a dumbass

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Need user rating points? Do something nice.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/316543/ho...r-rating-back/
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

so how do we get our user rating back up!?!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

did you even read the post above yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    did you even read the post above yours?
    You give him to much credit to think of that. Look at his username.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast