Quantcast
Beyond User Rating - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond User Rating

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by K3RMIT.
    -____- i got raped cuz i noted someone the retail price of a phone -____-
    Yes, I'm sure you've lost 11 points for that. Regardless, telling the retail price of a phone has nothing to do with YOU wanting to buy the item.

My Ride
    '04 Solara, and planks of hardrock maple.

Originally posted by Melinda

Yes, I'm sure you've lost 11 points for that. Regardless, telling the retail price of a phone has nothing to do with YOU wanting to buy the item.
    Yea, but people like myself who would possibly want the phone would appreciate any extra information about the product - including retail pricing.

Do you somehow have an argument to that?

The worst I've seen is someone correcting the OP of a FS:Truck thread, when the owner was misinformed of what motor was in his vehicle. He was corrected by a fellow member and gave his thanks, while the member who helped had his post deleted and lost a user rating. Face it, things like that are complete fucking horseshit, as are the implementation of some of these "rules". As I've said before, I've helped many users to abide by the marketplace rules before their thread gets deleted, change thread title, etc before some asshole mod nukes the thread. I get a thanks from the OP, yet have my post deleted and lose a user rating. Thankfully rage understood and boosted my rating back up a bit.
    Last edited by Pollywog; 03-14-2010 at 11:32 AM.

My Ride
    Hatred

On that note however by posting in a FS thread telling them they have done something wrong or have inaccurate information you are infact acting as a moderator.

While I think we get dock sometimes for strange reasons, and have from what I can tell no way of recovering, they do tend to do a lot of them with reason.

If you ignore messed up FS threads it's only a matter of time before a mod finds it and nukes it. Then when the OP finds out his threads gone he can start again and try to make it right.

I know I've been a victim of nukes FS threads and in the end it was my fault.

On another note I can't help but notice the number of FS threads that still have random posts in them that are from people who obviously aren't interested in buying. Shouldn't they all be nuked or none at all.

So on that note can I have some points back for admitting I was wrong.

Come on Melinda you give me 2 points and I'll give you two white leather cubes for 20 dollars.
    Last edited by Unknown303; 03-14-2010 at 05:30 PM.
    -U

My Ride
    Acura TL, 2016 Yamaha FZ-07

^^ I'm pretty sure only rage and Kenny can give user ratings back. Otherwise, all other Mods can do is nuke a post and ding your rating.

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by Pollywog

Yea, but people like myself who would possibly want the phone would appreciate any extra information about the product - including retail pricing.

Do you somehow have an argument to that?
    First off it's buyer beware. If you're interested in a phone it REALLY isn't hard to find out retail pricing. As for supplimentary or wrong info in a thread starting post, that is what pm is for. You pm the OP, they changed the main post of the thread with the correct information and all is well, without needlessly cluttering threads.

Unknown - brave of you to admit wrongness, but I can't give points back. That lies in the hands of our admin.

As for those leather cubes, I'm waiting for two other cubes i've ordered to come in to see how they would fit next to one another

My Ride
    Hatred

First off it's buyer beware. If you're interested in a phone it REALLY isn't hard to find out retail pricing. As for supplimentary or wrong info in a thread starting post, that is what pm is for. You pm the OP, they changed the main post of the thread with the correct information and all is well, without needlessly cluttering threads.

Unknown - brave of you to admit wrongness, but I can't give points back. That lies in the hands of our admin.

As for those leather cubes, I'm waiting for two other cubes i've ordered to come in to see how they would fit next to one another
    I suppose I shall wait for some admins to look over my case.
    -U

My Ride

Thats a pretty flaccid argument to say the least. If the info is there and it is correct, myself and everyone else don't care who provided it. Justify it all you want, but sometimes users on here try to help others out and WE APPRECIATE IT. I am only assuming by your replies in this thread that perhaps it is YOU who are a little trigger happy on user ratings.

Have I ever argued deductions for plugging up other peoples threads? No

Have I ever argued deductions for uninterested buyers posting nonsense like "bump for nice ride"? No

Have I argued deductions for helpful informative replies in my own and others FS threads? Absolutely.

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by Pollywog

Thats a pretty flaccid argument to say the least. If the info is there and it is correct, myself and everyone else don't care who provided it. Justify it all you want, but sometimes users on here try to help others out and WE APPRECIATE IT. I am only assuming by your replies in this thread that perhaps it is YOU who are a little trigger happy on user ratings.

Oh get off it. People bitch and complain non stop that moderators never explain, never fill you in, remain silent, ignoring everyone, blah blah blah. So because someone finally says something in response to you they're all of a sudden the bad guy? Give me a fucking break. Rules are rules, set in place by people higher up on the chain than myself or any other of the 'nazis' (as you think is appropriate to label us). Get the sand out of your vagina and deal with it. Your guys' whining is worse than high school.

My Ride

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

- Post nuked by hampstor per rule (point not deducted this time):
    Don't be annoying, respect your fellow members. Annoying everyone is enough of a reason to get yourself banned
    Last edited by Pollywog; 03-15-2010 at 12:53 AM.

My Ride
    Hatred

Oh get off it. People bitch and complain non stop that moderators never explain, never fill you in, remain silent, ignoring everyone, blah blah blah. So because someone finally says something in response to you they're all of a sudden the bad guy? Give me a fucking break. Rules are rules, set in place by people higher up on the chain than myself or any other of the 'nazis' (as you think is appropriate to label us). Get the sand out of your vagina and deal with it. Your guys' whining is worse than high school.

I whine on the internet mainly because no one in real life gives a crap when I do...
    -U

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

In case anyones forgotten or has yet to read the actual marketplace rules here they are once again:

The Official Marketplace Rules:

- Private Sales and Paid Sponsors Only! If you are a business, buy a banner. We offer VERY affordable advertising rates
    - "private sales" would mean selling personal items and not selling wholesale goods "privately" to 30 customers
    - Start For Sale threads with "FS:" and Want to Buy threads with "WTB:"
    - Do not sell your stolen goods on beyond.ca. If we find out, we will forward your information to the proper authorities
    - All new in box items, or items sold as "NEW" must have a 'proof of purchase' provided.
    - Ads for Cellphones or Cellular PDA's must contain exact proven lifetimer information.
    - Do not post if your post has nothing to do with the item
    - Do not post if you have no intention of buying the item at the time of your post

- Do not take over another users thread. If you are selling something, start your own thread
    - ALL items for sale *MUST* have an asking price or the thread will be deleted
    - Post only one thread for your item
    - If your see a price that's too high, don't go and bitch out the seller. The thread will die eventually because nobody would want to buy 'em.
    - "feeler threads" are not permitted, it is either for sale or it is not
    - There is no need to bump your thread EVERYDAY, so don't do it.
    - GROUP BUYS are only permitted after authorization from an admin
    - KEEP IT CLEAN! If you want to bitch at a seller or buyer (or anyone), TAKE IT TO PM. That's what it's there for. Don't clutter up the threads!
    - If you see anyone breaking these rules, click the "REPORT POST TO MODERATOR" button, one of the mods will take care of it. If you keep breaking these rules, you will be banned from the forums. If you're lucky, you'll get warned first.

Note: Each rule infraction may result in user rating deductions. Users with less than 90% user rating will be denied access to the marketplace.

Seems pretty damn simple to me. How is that confusing? If you're not the seller or a legitimate buyer then don't post in the marketplace.

So do you still have an issue with the nazi-mods? or do you have a problem with the rules that have been set out to improve the forums for it users?

I have a problem still.

I wasn't posting all my things in the marketplace and got dinged %'s because other people instigated and antagonised me.

My Ride
    charger R/T w R&T, soon 2010 camaro

Originally posted by TDFTW
    I have a problem still.

I wasn't posting all my things in the marketplace and got dinged %'s because other people instigated and antagonised me.

dave for real man just stay out of there
    Last edited by banned3x; 03-16-2010 at 03:01 AM.

My Ride
    has lace's

Originally posted by banned3x

dave for real man just stay out of there

why is beyond so fucking funny.

Mods,

I have a gripe with my user rating. I posted in a FS thread left an offer albeit what the seller probably considered a lowball but i just offered what i thought his item was worth. My post got deleted and i lost a user rating percent for it ? how come ? I read over the rules of the marketplace i didnt see anything about that.
    I believe that im not in violation of any marketplace rules and i dont know why i would lose a percent for that. End result if im not in the wrong here then id like my user rating percent back please, Thank you.

My Ride

Originally posted by Arnold
    Mods,

I have a gripe with my user rating. I posted in a FS thread left an offer albeit what the seller probably considered a lowball but i just offered what i thought his item was worth. My post got deleted and i lost a user rating percent for it ? how come ? I read over the rules of the marketplace i didnt see anything about that.
    I believe that im not in violation of any marketplace rules and i dont know why i would lose a percent for that. End result if im not in the wrong here then id like my user rating percent back please, Thank you.
    Even in my opinion, offers belong in PM's - nothing I hate more than having some idiot throw a lowball price in my thread. People see the stupid low price and as a result it makes the products original asking price seem less worthy to future bidders. You may not think so, but you'd be amazed what things like that can do to buyers subconsciously.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Agreed. Offers belong in PM. If that's not in the rules, it should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Pollywog: I agree with most of what you've said in your posts.

Are the rules stupid sometimes? Yes - I personally believe they can be.

When I see a fs add without a price, or especially if I see mis-information (or outright lies), it is really hard for me not to say anything. Because I have done so in the past is partially the reason why I'm down to 96%.

Would my intervention be beneficial to the Beyond community? Some of the time - most certainly. Am I helping others out? You bet.

You and I can bitch about the rules, apply logic, complain to moderators who have no ability to change them (even if they agree), cry and throw tantrums. But at the end of the day, as ridiculous as they sometimes appear to be, the rules are still the rules. The only person who CAN change them is Rage, and honestly, I think he has about ten thousand other things he cares about more than what you or I think.

Posed with the option of either not using Beyond, or using Beyond with "1943 Germany", I'll pick the latter. It is still the best-priced entertainment I have available.
    Last edited by Kloubek; 03-16-2010 at 10:24 AM.

^^ fair enough, but i do agree that should be stated in the rules then if i lose user rating percent for it. I can see your point of why my post would have been deleted but i just dont think i should've lost user rating percent for it when im within the rules of the marketplace.

Originally posted by Arnold
    ^^ fair enough, but i do agree that should be stated in the rules then if i lose user rating percent for it. I can see your point of why my post would have been deleted but i just dont think i should've lost user rating percent for it when im within the rules of the marketplace.
    There is a possibility that user ratings are dropped by mistake but in your case you've lost 10 already. If one of your posts are deleted and you lose a point, our moderators are basically telling you to stop doing what you do. 10 chances are provided before we cut off access to the marketplace. More than fair in my opinion.
    ---

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast