Quantcast
Brad Lawson - BLaw Traffic Tickets - SCAM - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Brad Lawson - BLaw Traffic Tickets - SCAM

Default DO NOT USE: Brad Lawson - BLaw Traffic Tickets

I WOULD SUGGEST ANYONE THINKING OF USING Brad Lawson or blaw traffic tickets to look elsewhere, this guy is useless.

EDIT: In talks with Brad at the moment to get issues resolved.

EDIT #2: Brad Lawson did not appear in court for me, he did nothing except take my money and leave me with the full fine to pay and demerits to collect.

THANKS BRAD, when you find this and read it, you can come on and explain how your business is a multi million dollar company and my case just slipped through the cracks.

So I was standing in line to see the Justice of the Peace at the courthouse and a guy who's business is to fight traffic tickets was in front of me. I talked to him and he charges $25 to deal with your traffic ticket on your behalf.
    I told him that I was more concerened about the demerits but whatever he could do would be fine with me. He said he would go to the Justice of Peace, set a court date to have the demerits dropped.

Just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with this guy? His name is Brad Lawson and his company is BLaw Traffic Tickets.

If no one's heard about him, I will definitely post a review of his service once I'm paid up on my fine or whatever he gets me.

The downside to me isn't too much, if the guy takes my cash and screws off, I guess I'm out $25 and having to pay my full fine w/3 demerits (unless the courts let me prove my case of this guy taking my cash and not giving me a fair chance to fight my case). If he comes through, it would have saved me lots of time and effort.
    I mean the wait was atleast 3 hrs long which would cost me a lot more in wages lost from me taking time off work.

Images of the contract I had with him and his business card. Don't fall for this scam artist.

Last edited by mr2mike; 11-29-2010 at 06:45 PM.

$25.....? that is stupidly cheap.... points charges 500 for any offence minimum

that is dirt cheap...wonder if its legit

He said and it states it on his contract, that he is not a lawyer but a practicing agent.

He was also saying that he isn't out to ding people with $300 rates when he isn't a lawyer. He'd much rather get lots of people coming to him and references as apposed to the one big pay out.
    He seemed legit and he didn't mis represent himself as a traffic lawyer. He did have about 10-15 tickets with him with statements from his clients which would be $375 into his pocket. Not too bad for a day's worth of work. The guy in front of me, he was going to represent him too as he was busted doing over 50. He said he'd go upstairs with him and work to get the rate changed to 49km/h.

Like I said, we'll see and if he got my $25, so be it. He'll also get a lot of bad publicity based on this being a car site.

But I have confidence, he will get it done.

does he have a phone number?

His contact info is:

403-467-7228
    [email protected]

Found he has an ad on Kijiji but like I said, I'm not endorsing him as Beyond's official traffic ticket fighter until he comes through for me.

Give him a shout. But as of right now, he will be in court I'm guessing for a few hours.

My Ride
    Blue boy

You can do that yourself, whatever he does for you. You show up at the courthouse @ 7 am, be first in line and get in @ 730, talk to Crown Prosecutor for 5 mins, get your shit reduced then be out of there by 7:50 am. But for $25 can't go wrong.

Originally posted by G-ZUS
    You can do that yourself, whatever he does for you. You show up at the courthouse @ 7 am, be first in line and get in @ 730, talk to Crown Prosecutor for 5 mins, get your shit reduced then be out of there by 7:50 am. But for $25 can't go wrong.
    werd

better than taking vacation day

Smart guy too, dont need to be a lawyer. Just know the system
    Its not only about money. Its about freedom, friends and family too.

My Ride
    335i

There are a few companies that do it for around that price. Points has been excessively charging for years until someone figured out how easy it is to do. Anyone who still uses points is pretty stupid when these guys will do it for about the same price as parking.

These guys will take 10 a day and appear as your agent and negotiate on your behalf. With the volume they do, it's easy to see how they can charge so little.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    is Invisible

If he could reduce the demerits it would be worth the 25 for sure!

Keep us updated!

So I sent the guy an email this morning asking what the result of talking to the Justice of the Peace?
    He just gave me a phone call stating that he talked to the crown and they've set a trial date of April 1st... haha what a joke!
    So until April 1st, he'll either have is getaway executed to wherever $25 will get you (Nanton maybe, if he's headed to Tijuana) or I will get off with no demerits. He said he would ask for 30 days to pay the fine so I don't have to be present for the hearing and can pay a bit later.

Stay tuned.... April 2nd.

Originally posted by mr2mike
    So I sent the guy an email this morning asking what the result of talking to the Justice of the Peace?
    He just gave me a phone call stating that he talked to the crown and they've set a trial date of April 1st... haha what a joke!
    So until April 1st, he'll either have is getaway executed to wherever $25 will get you (Nanton maybe, if he's headed to Tijuana) or I will get off with no demerits. He said he would ask for 30 days to pay the fine so I don't have to be present for the hearing and can pay a bit later.

Stay tuned.... April 2nd.
    Why is that a joke? As far as i know, that is the normal way traffic court goes. On your first appearance you generally set a date in which to return and talk to the actual Justice of the Peace in order to work your fine/demerits down.

Sorry, I was getting at April 1st is April Fool's Day.

^^ ahh, gotchaaaa

My Ride
    Bicycle

hmm, is demerit that important to you?

If not, just ask for a standard reduction and get it over with.

$25 is cheap since the process takes 2hrs every time I go.

Update: He did go set a court date for me. Received the paper in the mail stating when the court date is set. It's Apr 9th, not the 1st.

Looking good so far.

Yes demerits are important to me. Forgot about one and went on holidays so I don't need them racking up so my insurance goes up.
    I'm not an insurance agent but I think once it goes up, it's hard to get the rate back down. Takes a few years. You end up paying more in insurance than what the ticket is worth.

Originally posted by beyond_ban

Why is that a joke? As far as i know, that is the normal way traffic court goes. On your first appearance you generally set a date in which to return and talk to the actual Justice of the Peace in order to work your fine/demerits down.
    AFAIK, your first appearance is your chance to see the JofP and the CP where you bargain/work your fine/demerits. You don't need to set a date to speak with the CP. If you set a date for trial, you are pleading not guilty and are bypassing that stage to hopefully remove the ticket all together. Going in there and wasting time can have you come out the same or even worse.

Originally posted by BlackArcher101

AFAIK, your first appearance is your chance to see the JofP and the CP where you bargain/work your fine/demerits. You don't need to set a date to speak with the CP. If you set a date for trial, you are pleading not guilty and are bypassing that stage to hopefully remove the ticket all together. Going in there and wasting time can have you come out the same or even worse.
    Keeping in mind that one can go on the first appearance date, talk to the JofP or CP, AND, if not satisfied with the outcome, file a Not Guilty plea which will then go to court.

At that later court date, one can also speak to the CP beforehand to see if they would settle anything before the claim goes to trial. They will offer some solution, and if you like it, you take it, and if not, you go to trial.

For those that have not been to trial for a traffic ticket, bring a notebook. The officer will be called to the stand, the CP will ask a list of stock questions to confirm who the officer is, what the ticket was for, how he confirmed your ID etc etc.

Use your notebook to keep track of what the officer has said. Look for holes in his story, and think of other questions that can disprove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that you are guilty.

That is key to all- being found guilty is based on being guilty "beyond a reasonable doubt". If the judge has any question as to whether the correct person was pulled over or brings question to the case in any other way that cannot be solved right there through yours and the officers testimony, then you should be receiving a Not Guilty verdict.

One client could buy this guy a domain name and a proper e-mail address. Way less shady than a Hotmail addy.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast