Quantcast
Brand New C63 AMG Black Series taken for a Joy Ride by Canadian Dealer - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Brand New C63 AMG Black Series taken for a Joy Ride by Canadian Dealer

Does NOT matter WRT break in. This is more about customer respect. If this car has been ordered by a customer, it is the customer's car to do as they fit, not a bunch of dealership monkeys. Clearly they aren't particularly sharp anyway, by deciding to film it.

Matt Farah says it best

My Ride
    This and that.

Well, according to the owner on mbworld, the dealership resolved the matter with him. He seems very happy and content with whatever went down. Won't reveal what exactly happened though. Well as long as the guy who paid the money is happy.

Last edited by Cos; 01-01-2017 at 08:06 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

They probably gave him a free cigarette lighter then 50% off for install.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Read the mbworld thread. The owner posted in there. He was compensated well beyond what he expected without asking. Didn't disclose what though.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by rage2
    Read the mbworld thread. The owner posted in there. He was compensated well beyond what he expected without asking. Didn't disclose what though.
    Now that's damage control!

Last edited by Cos; 01-01-2017 at 08:06 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

It's crazy how much of this stuff happens. I ordered my Mustang and waited patiently almost three months for it to come in and after not hearing anything from the dealer near the expected delivery I called the Ford US customer service line and to my shock they told me the car was delivered at the dealership 3 days ago. Go to the dealer and my car as 120 kms on the odometer as the salesman thought he would take it on himself to drive the first 2012 mustang at the dealership for a couple of days. A car that was already ordered and sold that he knew I was waiting for. Lesser scale than the AMG for sure but nevertheless very disrespectful and unprofessional of the dealership (Universal Ford).

My Ride
    This and that.

^That would piss me off so much. I hope you did something about that!

My Ride

Originally posted by rage2

This. I'm not sure why it's still printed in the manual. Take Porsche for example, they ask for 2000 miles of easy driving. Yet, when the car is off the production line, every car runs flat out on a rolling dyno, after which it's driven hard on a test track.
    actually, only the CGT is factory broken in. They only test the engine on a dyno to hit 70ish mph before it gets shipped off. Seems like it would take more than 1-2min to break the rings ing

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Originally posted by Projek01

actually, only the CGT is factory broken in. They only test the engine on a dyno to hit 70ish mph before it gets shipped off. Seems like it would take more than 1-2min to break the rings ing
    I've stated here a few times that modern engine building and assembly is so precise that there really is no need to seat rings anymore as you would in the past.

New engine bore cutting techniques allow them to not even need a cross hatch cut after the initial boring, as its all done in the first and last machining.

Ring tension, and design has come a long, looong way from the past.

Although the engine may have been used hard off the delivery truck, it as other have stated can only have helped the engine seat the rings further than to have done a 2k light break in.

Its fact that most break in procedures require you to "Vary" engine speeds and not to hold it only at one point.

Break in periods are more for needle bearings and such, to prevent over heating due to a lack of proper lubricant distribution, and this is more on the chassis end of things and also the transmission friction disks.

Any after market high performance engine needs to be broken in within the first 30kms of use, otherwise the rings are junk and then cylinder bores needs to be re-hatched, and seated.

Lasty the break in is also to allow the modern car ECU to learn the fuel curves and altitude variances to maximize performance and fuel economy.

Its time to get out of the old way of thinking people. Engine technology is light years ahead of the old flat head mills of the past!

Back on topic, the test drive those tech took was fairly mild, and controlled to be quite honest.
    Totally disrespectful and unauthorized, but still far less severe than some other test drives I have witnessed at a dealership level.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Projek01
    Porsche has a racetrack just for beating on the cars as a final test. Note the name.

http://www.porsche-leipzig.com/en/st...efstrecke.aspx

If you do Euro delivery, you can do laps on the track as well with Porsche instructor, which breaks every single rule in the manual in regards to break in.

Do you know how much liability car manufactures have if they actually relied on end users following instructions for breaking in the engine and drivetrain to avoid failure?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by shakalaka
    ^That would piss me off so much. I hope you did something about that!
    I complained to Ford Canada but they said I would have to take it up with the dealership. The dealership offered me a free first service which I told them to stick up their ass. It's a crooked industry which is why I never, ever feel sorry for dealers.

Originally posted by heavyD
    It's crazy how much of this stuff happens. I ordered my Mustang and waited patiently almost three months for it to come in and after not hearing anything from the dealer near the expected delivery I called the Ford US customer service line and to my shock they told me the car was delivered at the dealership 3 days ago. Go to the dealer and my car as 120 kms on the odometer as the salesman thought he would take it on himself to drive the first 2012 mustang at the dealership for a couple of days. A car that was already ordered and sold that he knew I was waiting for. Lesser scale than the AMG for sure but nevertheless very disrespectful and unprofessional of the dealership (Universal Ford).
    Yeah. This happened to my on an STi. Not only did I order a brand new one, I was also not able to test drive one at Centaur because "you can't test drive an STi". OK. Got my car with 270km on it, a Mazda oil change sticker, green nitrogen valve stem caps. They insisted it comes like that brand new. Dug around a bit, called the Mazda dealership (in Lethbridge). It had turned out to be a demo car. They wouldn't do anything for me either. No I realize the car would probably be OK (this is less true for the STi than an AMG). But in the case of a car as expensive as the one in question (>$110,000) it's just a respect thing, not a mechanical issue.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by stefan15
    Yeah. This happened to my on an STi. Not only did I order a brand new one, I was also not able to test drive one at Centaur because "you can't test drive an STi". OK. Got my car with 270km on it, a Mazda oil change sticker, green nitrogen valve stem caps. They insisted it comes like that brand new. Dug around a bit, called the Mazda dealership (in Lethbridge). It had turned out to be a demo car. They wouldn't do anything for me either.
    Wow is it any wonder the Calgary Subaru dealerships get such a bad rap? Isn't it strange in this day and age that the 2nd largest purchase the average consumer makes is from the least ethical of all consumer businesses? Dealerships are built on the foundation of lies and swindling consumers. Of course there are a few honest dealerships and there are honest employees but the majority fit the stereotype.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Originally posted by heavyD

Wow is it any wonder the Calgary Subaru dealerships get such a bad rap? Isn't it strange in this day and age that the 2nd largest purchase the average consumer makes is from the least ethical of all consumer businesses? Dealerships are built on the foundation of lies and swindling consumers. Of course there are a few honest dealerships and there are honest employees but the majority fit the stereotype.
    They are obsessed with getting the "ball rolling on this bitch."

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...=&pagenumber=2
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    GT TDi

the simple solution is unless you ordered a car you can't buy anymore, you look at the odometer before handing over your cheque. if it's over a reasonable amount like 50 then sorry, i am not buying this car nice try

mine had 38 on it, i specifically told the dealer no pdi, no washing, no detailing, no filling up the gas tank. they listened to all that except they did fill it. i guess the owner had to drive it down the street, oh well, i was doing full boost by 100km anyway, if you do a girly break in it will just burn oil later, 8k now and hasn't burned a drop

but 270km oh man no wayyyyyyy
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

270km? Sorry, that's not a new car in my books.

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

I would uppercut the salesman in the gut if he gave me a car with 270km on it. if I buy a brand new car the odometer better still be in the double digits

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

bought mine with 4km on the ODO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast