Quantcast
Buyer Beware - Intact Insurance Manager called me an "idiot" via email - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Buyer Beware - Intact Insurance Manager called me an "idiot" via email

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by ercchry
    I'd say contact intact's ombudsman. I had to with wawa once and it really made them start paying attention

http://www.intactinsurance.com/custo...l#restofcanada

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

This is why it's good to have full coverage, if you can afford it. Even on a $500 pos.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    CBR 929

They might be tired of dealing with you since you are NOT their client from the sounds of things? You state you were hit by their insured. Since you are dealing with the company directly does this mean you do not have collision on your Benz? Usually you would deal with your own company if you did and let them handle the problem(not that it matters but they would maybe do more for you if you were their paying customer).

I agree though, the quick lack of communication, they are either hoping you go away or they saw your post somewhere.

[url]

Janette Gibreau deserves a big donkey punch. People that work for insurance companies are just as bad as car salesman. They are just out to screw you. I hope this woman loses her job over this.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Unfortunately this is why they're such a big company. Saving money by ripping people off. Fuck insurance companies

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    This is why it's good to have full coverage, if you can afford it. Even on a $500 pos.
    What is the advantage of having full coverage in a situation like this?

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

I stopped dealing with them about ten years ago before the name change. Found their reps to be quite rude.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by sxtasy
    What is the advantage of having full coverage in a situation like this?
    Because your own insurance company fixes your car, and then they go after the other like a pack of fat kids fighting over the last smartie.

Like Woody Harrelson looking for a twinkie among cities full of zombies.

Like a pack of monkeys fighting over the last banana.

Like Chris Hanson and finding a predator.

I could go on.
    Last edited by spikerS; 11-11-2013 at 11:16 PM.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Blue boy

I was going to sign on with them after shopping around this past week but after seeing this thread I will be taking my insurance needs elsewhere. How rude. Here's to hoping I never have to deal with Intact Insurance.

My Ride
    2003 MB E320

I can't get into legal trouble for posting this can I?

My Ride
    16' Tacoma Offroad

It seems they lack tact

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
    It seems they lack tact

My Ride
    Is fun!

Originally posted by JMaj7
    Not if what you posted is fact. I'm a client of theirs and about to submit a claim - not feeling too good about it now last time I claimed on insurance was when it was "Zurich" (ING bought them out) and the customer service I received blew me away (this was back in 1997 ish). They called me asking if I was ok, was there anything they could do to help, etc. the claim was for an at fault accident and it cost them $45,000. Guess those days are long gone....

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

Originally posted by JMaj7
    You worry too much. I'd be posting that shit to their social media and create a hell of a stink. They'd soon be doing whatever you ask just to make it all go away.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

No kidding!

I would be all over twitter, facebook, instagram, everywhere posting the unedited picture and email and caption the fuck out of it.

All the while making sure to tag them in each one, so they know what the fuck is going on too.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

No, if this is legit you cannot get in trouble for it at all. They fucked up.

Man... serious lack of professionalism there. Someone ought to lose their job, imo.

Unacceptable, if it was meant to be internal or not.

Stories like this make me sooooo incredibly happy I did my research and went with bill & darrin at touchstone.

My Ride
    2003 MB E320

Dear Sir,

My name is Jamil Ahmed and I was rear ended by your insured on January, 2013. I sustained injuries as a result of this collision and my rear bumper was damaged severely. I have been trying to return to the state that I was in before the accident but I have been subjected to a considerable amount of push back from your claims team. I have been very diplomatic, compromising and most of all, patient with your claims team and I have not received the same treatment in return.

My first disagreement was to do with the repair of my vehicle. The appraiser had located a "rear bumper assembly" that is essentially a bumper that comes off a different salvaged vehicle. I was advised by the professionals at the body shop that these are not the best way to go due to the fact that you never know what your getting. These facts made me nervous so I made a case to have Intact cover the cost of a new bumper. I was promptly refused and the reasoning I was given is that insurance companies "don't do that" and that I was not entitled to a new bumper despite my very valid concerns. I rebuttled by telling the adjuster that they were wrong because my insurance had bought me a brand new bumper under my policy for an accident where I was at fault in October, 2012. I had presented them with the exact same concerns. At this point, I was put in touch with Manager Janette Gibeau.

I spoke with Ms. Gibeau at length and reasserted my case and even offered to prove that Aviva had covered the cost of a brand new bumper. She explained, in empathetic language, that she agreed with my concerns and it was up to the appraisals department to add the cost of a new bumper to the estimate (which is probably not true). I sent her an estimate from the dealership and waited. She indicated that she would try everything in her authority to have it approved. This was in early Spring. I followed up on a weekly basis to no avail and drove my car the entire summer with damage on it.

After deciding to figure out a way to repair the car myself, I started requesting phone calls to discuss options again. This is when Christina took over the file and emailed me saying that Intact would not pay for a new bumper. I told her that I intended on cashing out and I will repair the car myself. She requested a release and I signed it and attempted to coordinate a purchase of some of the parts and my school fees. This is after I waited for four months for a response or follow up from Janette. Christine indicated that I could pick up the funds on Friday and I waited on stand by for her to reply with instructions and received nothing. At this point, I had bought some of the parts and paid $3000 in University fees. I ended up NSFing on some payments and I feel that this was a result of the adjusters lack of follow up.

I made it through the weekend and contacted her in the morning to arrange payment and she replied indicating that a "manual" could not be done. I had CC'd Ms. Gibeau as an FYI, as a courtesy to keep her in the loop and for her to make sure Friday doesn't happen again. Once I checked my emails again, I noticed that the person I had put my faith into had referred to me as an "idiot" and expressed a desire to "get rid of me". Up to this point, I was in agreement with your employee's assertions and claims that they sincerely tried to have a new bumper approved and the only reason why I settled was because of Ms. Gibeau's empathetic resolve, apologies and hopeful language. I honestly felt that she did everything she could do grant me the bumper and was unsuccessful. Now I realize that she did absolutely nothing, percieved me to be an idiot and wanted to get rid of me. I feel like I had been manipulated and the agreement was subject to undue influence.

I was appalled after reading the email that was obviously meant for the adjuster. In fact, as I find myself writing to you, I feel belittled, insulted and I have taken utter offence to the email. It is tangible proof of a culture that perceives claimants as unintelligent individuals, who should be settled with, unfairly or not, as soon as possible. This is not the way insurance is supposed to work. Her perception of my lack of intelligence makes me believe I was manipulated by an expert that works in an industry that I am relatively unfamiliar with. This kind of language confirms the impression insurance companies make on the public when they use scripted language to deny claims with questionable and in my case, contradictory reasoning. The fact that I was disrespected adds insult to injury, literally and figuratively.

I took a screenshot of the email and forwarded the email to myself. I posted it on facebook for about an hour. I got 5 comments almost immediately. A few of them being from employees at insurance companies. I got in touch with some employees at Intact and found your contact information. I was advised by a friend to post the email on a few forums like Beyond.ca, Reddit and some other forums I frequent. I am a 4th year accounting student, long time experienced manager at TELUS and a professional music producer who has a significant amount of reach in the business and broadcasting community. I realized that I had anchors, journalists and editors on my list and decided to take the facebook post down so it would not gather more attention. This is a difficult time for insurance companies as we experienced the most expensive natural disaster in Canadian history. It is more difficult now that some companies have made it on the news due to question practices by their claims teams.There is a fundamental lack of consistency, accountability and recourse in your field. I still decided to take the post off right away. This was done as a sign of good faith.

I received Ms. Gibeau's "apology" today and it was exactly what I expected. A short insincere note acknowledging the mistake but not addressing the bigger picture. I do not think that an apology has convinced me that the culture at Intact is not different than how your leadership has portrayed it to be. The email simply validated an impression that was left on me over this entire experience. The most concerning part is that the culture of an organization, or a department is one of the most difficult things to change especially when this kind of behaviour, as long as it is not in the public eye, would garner better results for the company. It is a simple fact. If you "get rid" of "idiot" clients, you close more claims, pay less money. This is generally understood and it contradicts the noble side to insurance and risk management.

I wanted to give you the opportunity to make this situation better for both of us and I think that I am not being unreasonable in doing so. I do not believe that Ms. Gibeau did anything to further my cause and I would like to be issued a payment for the new bumper I had originally requested. I would like this cheque to be issued as soon as possible because it is the only way I will reinstall my faith in your company. I have other accounts with Intact and have not entertained the notion of switching away yet. In fact, I have dealt with you since before you changed from ING to intact. I would also like to be reimbursed for the NSF fee on my acccount that I incurred due to the delay in issuing the payment. I can attach the estimate I received from the dealership to this email. It was also sent to Ms. Gibeau.

I can assure you that I have been operating in good faith from the beginning and have always given your employees the respect they deserve. You can read through the entire email threads. I am still not satisfied by the reasoning behind the reduction of the amount by its GST when I have had to pay GST for all the parts I have bought so far.

Ms.Bell indicated that disciplinary action has been taken and I would like to mention that punitive measures do not correct behaviours that stem from a culture of a department or company. If anything, disciplinary action will demotivate and demoralise the employee and progress will be hindered. I think the client should be the focus and the culture needs to be adjusted. Integrity, equality and ethical reasoning should be promoted in this department. A claims department should be taking advantage of clients, as unintelligent as they may be.

All in all, I appreciate that you have taken the time to read through my letter. I really needed to express these lingering concerns to you because this entire experience has been a nightmare. I really was very patient with your employees even though this collision set me back considerably due to property damage and injury. I hope you will do the right thing to save the reputation of your leadership team and the companies culture, or atleast the perception of it. I can assure you, I am not an idiot and I do not want to ever like I am being gotten rid of when I pay premiums to your company every month and every year. I anxiously await your reply. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter.

My Ride
    Saab 9-5

Most insurance companies respond to demand letters.Do you have collision?
    Your company should be pursing this even if you only have comprehensive,
    PLPD your on your own.
    Good Luck Muchacho
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/34/The_Smoking_Man_(X-Files).jpg

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast