Quantcast
Calgary Alberta Floods 2013 - Re-entries slowly starting - Page 136 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 136 of 136 FirstFirst ... 126 135 136
Results 2,701 to 2,718 of 2718

Thread: Calgary Alberta Floods 2013 - Re-entries slowly starting

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I'm not 100% sure either but it was probably due to extremely high sediment load, ie: the river was carrying large sized rocks and high impact collisions with rocks creating the falls eventually gave way.
    Ultracrepidarian

if you wanna get into elbow falls you must detour with 4x4 through maclean creek. roads still washed out/closed

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Originally posted by frizzlefry

Valid point. But there is no train there. They had to leave the area to get free transport to dealers. They are not high ballin' addicts. No dealer will make a trip to them. Dealers are by the train line.

Now they are a walk across the street to the their drug line. They are fucking loving it. The benches in front of the Kerby Center are very popular.
    http://globalnews.ca/news/734591/mou...o-green-space/

You think you have it rough. They are bulding temporary classrooms for the students from Elbow Park School in Mount Royal. Now the folks there have to live with less green space, screaming kids and their parents nice vehicles during drop-off/pick-up hours yikes!

Originally posted by lilmira
    http://globalnews.ca/news/734591/mou...o-green-space/

You think you have it rough. They are bulding temporary classrooms for the students from Elbow Park School in Mount Royal. Now the folks there have to live with less green space, screaming kids and their parents nice vehicles during drop-off/pick-up hours yikes!
    Herald story and Global story - looks like this will take some of the heat off of the west-end nimby's.

Just think of the children.

Hell, bus them all up to my community as probably 97% of the kids in the two elementary schools here are already bused or driven into/out community (non-community kids). Another 220, that's only 5-6 buses or 200 of so cars - big deal. It was gridlock last year with 23 out of area buses, next year it's going to be 29, so what's another 5-6. And besides that, the portables will provide another place for some local grafitti artists to brush up on their mad skillz.

Really, I find it quite amusing that that some Mount Royal residents are so up in arms about a handful of buses or maybe some more vehicles and for my west-end buddy, if we could take your problem off of your hands, I'd surely offer - problem is that there is no facility in our community that can provide such a service. But just think, at some point they'll be gone and you'll probably have an art gallery in that place - something most communities don't have or will ever have.
    Will fuck off, again.

Sorry, double post.
    Last edited by speedog; 07-24-2013 at 04:03 PM.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Originally posted by speedog

Really, I find it quite amusing that that some Mount Royal residents are so up in arms about a handful of buses or maybe some more vehicles and for my west-end buddy, if we could take your problem off of your hands, I'd surely offer - problem is that there is no facility in our community that can provide such a service. But just think, at some point they'll be gone and you'll probably have an art gallery in that place - something most communities don't have or will ever have.
    Yeah I found that funny that 200 kids made the news but not 200 drug addicts.

And you are right, I'm sure that space will become something nice. I'm sure that the Alpha House stay won't be permanent like the knife wound that a guy waiting for the train got on his stomach when a group of Alpha House clients tried to rob him last week. That story did not make the news but I heard it from two separate business owners in the area. Would explain the ambulance and cops that were by the Good Earth café.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Apparently, Rod Love isn't even a spokesperson for Mount Royal Community Association. He just lives there and claims he's a spokesperson lol. So in defence of rich ppl there, I think it's just Rob Love being a douche.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

Originally posted by Dalking
    this is a very small BEFORE photo

here is the after
    Was it really this?? The two mountains at the top seem similar. So this was right by where the parking lot is?

Elbow Falls - Kananaskis Country - Alberta Canada by Calgary Reviews, on Flickr
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by frizzlefry
    And you are right, I'm sure that space will become something nice. I'm sure that the Alpha House stay won't be permanent like the knife wound that a guy waiting for the train got on his stomach when a group of Alpha House clients tried to rob him last week. That story did not make the news but I heard it from two separate business owners in the area. Would explain the ambulance and cops that were by the Good Earth café.
    Wonder if last night's stabbing had anything to do with Alpha House. Haven't seen a stabbing/murder here in a long time since Crack Mac's have been cleaned up.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/ca...961/story.html

Police investigate stabbing after man found laying in blood

A man underwent life-saving surgery this morning after being found unconscious and covered in blood on the ground in front of a restaurant in the city's southwest, the Calgary Police Service says.

Acting duty inspector Guy Baker said at about 3 a.m. this morning a man who was suffering from stab wounds was found laying on the ground on the 900 block of 7th Avenue S.W. Baker said police are investigating the location where the man was found and another area on 9th Street where the stabbing may have taken place.

Baker said the victim is now in stable condition.

Detectives have been assigned to the case and police are asking the public to come forward with any information they may have.
    From the office:
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Wife said the street near her office was COVERED in blood.

My Ride
    FJC, S30

There has been a HUGE number of break ins in Chinatown as well. Lucky for me they only smashed my window... Yippee
    Submaker.Illest.

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 08:48 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Everyone go buy bottle water!

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Originally posted by Cos
    So 100mm of heavy rainfall this weekend, 25% more snowpack than average in kananaskis. Are we in for a repeat?
    I saw that earlier on the Environment canada weather site. Now it listed:

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT ENDED

Apparently they decided they didn't want more flooding and refused to accept the weather? Now they're calling for 5-10mm

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

I'm curious to see what happens this spring, there is a lot of snow in the mountains still
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by lilmira
    Everyone go buy bottle water!
    I've got a case left over from last time, haha.

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Last time Kay's grocery in the heart of the flood zone was open for business, lots of water, no one in the store. No mark-ups etc. All the while suburbanites miles away from the flooding were losing their minds and buying up all the water they could at marked up prices. They are a flighty breed...

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

The amount of runoff for the near future will be the usual amounts. Nothing extraordinary about rain in May or June, its not coming from the East like it did last year and the rain will likely fall as snow in the mountains.

People need to relax.

Page 136 of 136 FirstFirst ... 126 135 136