Quantcast
Calgary Public Transit Discussion Thread - Page 48 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 38 47 48 49 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Public Transit Discussion Thread

Originally posted by Shlade
    http://globalnews.ca/news/3096620/ma.../?sf43975564=1

Hanging off the mirror hey... this guy gets a Darwin Award.
    YOLO!

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Originally posted by FraserB

There is also an estate to go after.

I seriously doubt CT would suffer negatively if they started seriously cracking down on this and levying fines in the tens of thousands of dollars again these fools. You could also ban them from CT property for life. I believe that the level crossings are considered to be Transit property?
    You can't per say "ban" somebody for life from transit property or from using the system unless something was done Criminal in nature which the person gets a "no go transit" condition. End of the day it's "private property accessible to the public"

Public Safety & Enforcement currently has a little system in place to ban individuals who are a reoccurring problem. Depending on the severity, or number of times an individual has been dealt with they get a Ban from all transit property. If they obviously return then they are arrested and charged for Trespassing.

I'm not quite sure which level crossing you are talking about but all of 7th avenue corridor is transit owned

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by Shlade

You can't per say "ban" somebody for life from transit property or from using the system unless something was done Criminal in nature which the person gets a "no go transit" condition. End of the day it's "private property accessible to the public"

Public Safety & Enforcement currently has a little system in place to ban individuals who are a reoccurring problem. Depending on the severity, or number of times an individual has been dealt with they get a Ban from all transit property. If they obviously return then they are arrested and charged for Trespassing.

I'm not quite sure which level crossing you are talking about but all of 7th avenue corridor is transit owned
    They might be able to make a case to trespass someone for causing a severe risk to the safety of other transit users and infliction of harm. Pretty easy to show in this case.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Originally posted by FraserB

They might be able to make a case to trespass someone for causing a severe risk to the safety of other transit users and infliction of harm. Pretty easy to show in this case.
    Haven't really seen it happen before for something like this. If the person is a risk to the riders utilizing transit then for sure. At that point applications can be put in to have conditions placed on the person to not allow them to go on transit property. It can be as vague or as specific as you want it to be. Ie. shelters, bus stops, bus loops,c train, busses etc list goes on.

Usually no go transit orders are placed on people who are generally a big problem or safety risk. Easy to breach them on their conditions if they don't follow the rules.

This is just a showcase of stupidity in my opinion. It's not the first time it's happened and certainly won't be the last time. If I got hit by one of those trains I'd hope that it kills me because I don't think I'd want to live if I survived.

Caught on camera
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Transit is allright. I'm using it more as it gets colder and stretching out the 90 minute transfers to crazy levels to squeeze in extra Pokestops.

Its been a very long time since I've seen a transit cop on the C-train.
    Cocoa $12,000 per ton.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by ZenOps
    Transit is allright. I'm using it more as it gets colder and stretching out the 90 minute transfers to crazy levels to squeeze in extra Pokestops.

Its been a very long time since I've seen a transit cop on the C-train.
    Come to Westbrook then... Always Transit Cops around.

My Ride
    Exploded.

They should fine people for causing delays.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Surprised kid didn't die right there.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Originally posted by flipstah
    We do.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by flipstah
    People who cause vehicle collisions (notice I didn't use accident) should pay a heavy carbon tax for all the traffic delays and emissions they directly caused.

Originally posted by firebane

Come to Westbrook then... Always Transit Cops around.
    On the trains, during peak rush hour? I'm not sure I've ever seen them forcing their way through a cattle-car packed C-train, but it's been a over 7 years since I've rode outside the free fare zone. If you see them on the platforms you can just get back on the train.

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

i get checked at least once or twice a month riding down from 69th in the morning and back in the afternoon.

I was reading on reddit this person apparently had lost part of his leg? Hope it was worth it.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

On the trains, during peak rush hour? I'm not sure I've ever seen them forcing their way through a cattle-car packed C-train, but it's been a over 7 years since I've rode outside the free fare zone. If you see them on the platforms you can just get back on the train.
    They are all the time because of the fare jumpers and forgetters.

My Ride
    Has either 2 or 4 wheels

Originally posted by nickyh
    I was reading on reddit this person apparently had lost part of his leg? Hope it was worth it.
    I heard part of his leg and a bunch of fingers.

No fines will ever pay for the cost to society to keep this fuck wit alive. He took away hours of time from tens of thousands of people, and will be a burden on our medical system for quite a while.

All because he didn't want to miss the train and tried to ride it to the next station where he could get on. Probably cost society millions because he didn't want to wait 10 minutes.
    Signature..... I ate it!!

Originally posted by firebane

They are all the time because of the fare jumpers and forgetters.
    Really? Anyone else notice this? I've never once seen them force their way through a car so packed your face is plastered against the window. I'm not sure it would even by physically possible to move through that train car haha.

He means on the platform as you disembark.

My Ride
    Has either 2 or 4 wheels

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Really? Anyone else notice this? I've never once seen them force their way through a car so packed your face is plastered against the window. I'm not sure it would even by physically possible to move through that train car haha.
    They set up at the stations and catch you when you step off the train. Cant leave the platform without showing proof of fare. Try to get on another train to just go to the next station and they are watching and will try to grab you before you can.
    Signature..... I ate it!!

Ah, on the platform. OK that makes more sense. Haven't seen it yet but good to know they might be more on top of things.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by quick_scar

They set up at the stations and catch you when you step off the train. Cant leave the platform without showing proof of fare. Try to get on another train to just go to the next station and they are watching and will try to grab you before you can.
    Not always. They will get on and go through the trains. Westbound at 5ish isn't that busy most days.

Page 48 of 55 FirstFirst ... 38 47 48 49 ... LastLast