Quantcast
CalgaryPuck forums - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: CalgaryPuck forums

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 05:17 PM.

Place is a cesspool MMF & Jayswin are some sort of internet bullies.

I once created a thread regarding a trade. Few minutes later Sureloss pm'ed me and told me I did it wrong and I had no idea what I was doing. I simply just copied and paste from twitter. I had a good laugh though. Sureloss probably mad because I posted the trade. Dude is a loser. Has to be the first to post on CP or else he gets mad. I heard he is like 40 or something. Nice life.

I forgot how they let banned people re-register because they're so hard up on users.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Originally posted by killramos
    Anyone link to the cp thread for teh lulz? Couldn't find it. Member only area?
    I looked for it, probably got deleted after someone tried to swear in it.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

It was buried in some other thread, don't remember which one

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

It used to be better but they have a few liberal moderators that kind if sapped the fun out of the place. They worry so much about their image and nuked any threads with pictures of women to be hospitable to females yet it's arguably one of the most hostile fan sites on the web with a small group of long time posters that bully everyone making it terribly unfriendly for newbie posters. At least Beyond keeps it honest and isn't pretending to be more than it really is.
    Last edited by heavyD; 04-10-2017 at 06:17 PM.

One CP poster called Beyond an "echo chamber", which it can be, all internet forums are but compared to Calgary Puck
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

My Ride
    G37X

Starts here.
    Last edited by relyt92; 04-10-2017 at 10:24 PM.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by heavyD
    It used to be better but they have a few liberal moderators that kind if sapped the fun out of the place. They worry so much about their image and nuked any threads with pictures of women to be hospitable to females yet it's arguably one of the most hostile fan sites on the web with a small group of long time posters that bully everyone making it terribly unfriendly for newbie posters. At least Beyond keeps it honest and isn't pretending to be more than it really is.
    This part is so true. When I first joined I got trolled a lot, by one guy in particular, and he eventually got banned for being such a shithead. (And came back with a different account that the mods ignored) Then a few other members started trolling me even more blaming me for that guy getting banned. I never gave it any attention so it died down, but definitely off-putting for a forum that pretends to be this tight knit community.

You see it these days with one younger poster in particular, TheScorpion. That guy catches a LOT of crap just because he's young and a little over-excited to contribute to the forum. You'd think that that site was an actual hockey team the way they treat this kid, like he needs to respect the vets of the forum and not like a certain player if the majority doesn't. And how dare you try and post news or anything. Kind of funny looking back on it now that he's settled in but definitely hostile and unfriendly.

I still like the site overall, otherwise I wouldn't go there, but like I said before you really need to learn to keep your head down at times and know what topics to stay out of if you don't want to get attacked.
    Last edited by btimbit; 04-10-2017 at 09:25 PM.

Well, apparently 'shit' is too much of an offensive word over there, ban stick coming my way?
    Will fuck off, again.

I really like the overall hands off moderation found here it's quite nice and allows people to have actual conversations instead of having some random mods imposing their views on topics. I mean frankly I think there's a lot of stupid points of views but banning those views or moderating them out of existence is just a form of confirmation bias where you're unable to deal with alternative points of view. I'm a big believer in freedom of speech even if your point of view is stupid you should be allowed ot express it which is definitely not something you find at CP or /r/calgary. Anything that doesn't fit the mods world view gets moderated to shit. The fact we have had members like Arash and Toma posting for so long is simply proof of the good moderation found on beyond.

Really though no idea why someone linked to the CP thread because now you're just making the numbnuts over there believe we care... Can they post numbnuts over there or does that get someone banned for hurt feelings?

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

I just read through that thread, holy fuck. Don't even think about saying anything negative about the Flames otherwise you're "just pretending to be a fan" and "people have been banned for less". They try and say there is open discussion but if you oppose any of them they lose their absolute shit. Yet talking about ripping another team a part and leaving them bloody on the ice and that is fine...

That forum makes me embarrassed to be a flames fan if people judge us based off of those idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

I just troll them.

1 post will make about 6 pages of replies of people crying and being little bitches.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 05:16 PM.

My Ride
    Silverado

probably better for the state of the city that the Canucks never make the playoffs again.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Go Canucks!

See, even when they don't make the playoffs, still a fan
    Duh, otherwise they'd have no fans

And the most entitled fans in the league are definitely Oiler fans. One good season after a decade of record breaking awfulness and you'd think they were the Penguins the way they talk.

My Ride
    something green

The PGT from last nights 3-2 loss is quite the read.. The flames booth was overheard calling it like it was... The bandwagon lost all its wheels and rolled right over..

Overheard on a open mike from the booth:

“Brodie’s is … that’s just a complete lack of … you got no composure when you’re doing that. He’s down already.”

“If you don’t rip Dougie Hamilton, I will. Stupidest [expletive] penalty you can take.”

“How about the T.J. Brodie one, too? But you’re right, that Dougie Hamilton one.”

“Does he had a [expletive] brain?”

“He doesn’t. He’s stupid as [expletive].”

“I don’t know him that well.”

“He’s not an intelligent guy.”

“You’re Mr. Flames, so you probably know him better than I do.”

Guess the broadcast booth will probably be banned from CP....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/flames-...130840287.html
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

So, weeks ago they lifted my 'ban' but didn't give me access to tickets forum.
    Recently I sold a couple things on there but the dip sheet mod banned me again because I posted my Usher tickets in the for sale forum. So i guess I am done there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3