Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > Cancelling United Alarm

Author
Thread
Pipty

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.00
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

Cancelling United Alarm quote:

Wondering if anyone has any experience cancelling United Alarm service. Would you be able to use the alarm as normal without the monitoring portion and have it be a noise maker basically? I assume I would own the system after the contract has expired.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-19-2017 09:41 PM
Pipty is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pipty Click here to Send Pipty a Private Message Find more posts by Pipty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

hampstor

What I drive: GMC
Posts/Day: 0.25
Trader Rating: (25)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Yup - it would just make noise as it's not connected.

I contemplated doing what you did, however I still really wanted monitoring cause it included fire and flood sensors.

I figured I could get the discount on the monitoring since they would've subsidized the cost of the hardware over the term in the monitoring cost. They ended up reducing the monitoring fee to $16/month.

Old Post 04-19-2017 09:52 PM
hampstor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hampstor Click here to Send hampstor a Private Message Find more posts by hampstor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jabjab
Neutral

What I drive: TT
Posts/Day: 0.18
Trader Rating: (1)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

I'm no longer on a contract and they told me it would cost money if I cancelled

Old Post 04-19-2017 10:04 PM
jabjab is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jabjab Click here to Send jabjab a Private Message Find more posts by jabjab Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
71/454
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.03
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 98%

quote:

I think you can get a fine from the city for an unmonitored alarm if someone complains though.
I had mine set up to dial my cell originally, but then went monitored. Interestingly enough United was the one who set it up for me to dial my cell.

Originally posted by InRich
I think it should be a MINIMUM payment of 20% across the board for any kinda house. Who can't save 20% nowadays, just stop eating out, drive a japanese shit box, and save, its not hard.. have some fucking discipline. Half you niggers shouldn't even be in the houses you live in now.

we can't all drive X5Ms

Old Post 04-19-2017 10:42 PM
71/454 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 71/454 Click here to Send 71/454 a Private Message Find more posts by 71/454 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

I cancelled United alarm at my house, and had no hassles. However, didn't ever try to set it as a noisemaker alarm after the fact though. That seems pointless.

Old Post 04-20-2017 01:12 AM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 05:26 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Home and Garden > Cancelling United Alarm

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: