Quantcast
Causing a Ruckus - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Causing a Ruckus

My Ride
    Bagged A4, Ruckus

Default Causing a Ruckus

After a few years of staring at these little bikes on the internet, i finally pulled the trigger on one. Found it up in spruce grove AB and its fully registered and insured for 11 bucks a month.

For those who don't know about these little scooters, they have a 49cc engine with a automatic transmission. It has signals, low/highbeams, push button and kick start, and thats it! Costs me 4 dollars to fill up and gets me roughly 300km to a tank!

I was able to find a great deal on this bike. its a 2003, with only 1100kms on it, and was just recently serviced. The body actually looks really clean with only a couple minors scuffs on it. Minty for a 2003!

There is a huge aftermarket culture behind these little bikes and i look forward to all the big and little mods that i can do to it. On to pics!

Already did a few little things to the bike to prepare for the mods to come. Have removed the factory plastics. to do so i had to pull the battery box off, and the gas tank under the floorboard. I have trimmed the plastic so that it will still cover the engine underneath the seat. The plastic floorboard will be staying off the car, and i will be painting both the gas tank and the frame to keep the black and red theme flowing nicely.

I have also relocated the front signals down beside the headlights to clean up the look a bit. (brackets have now been shaved off)

While ripping around the street for the first time my neighbour surprised me by pulling out his 2016 honda giorno. Same scooter only with a different body style. #Scootersquad

My little carbon fibre mirror, airbox eliminator kit, R6 tail lights and fuel tank cover arrived from quebec, and got to installing a few of them.
    Mirror just screwed into the oem location, looks much cleaner than giant oem bunny ear mirrors.

The fuel tank cover easily bolted on over the tank, and the r6 tail lights were an easy install as well, although i either my wiring is wrong, or i need an in line resistor because the brake light is currently always on. Either way they really clean up the rear end. Will be modifying the rear bracket to fit my plate. Will hopefully have that sorted out tonight along with installing the airbox kit and rejetting the carb.

As for other things i have done, all factory plastics have been removed including the front and rear fenders. I have also relocated my speedo into the battery box to prepare for the new handlebars to come.

I also did some "maintenance" including pumping up the tires to 40psi and the oil was way overfilled.Those changes really helped with the acceleration and top speed which is now a gps confirmed 60kph. Right where its supposed to be. I will soon be unleashing the beast with my upgraded variator and kevlar belt along side the airbox kit and rejet. Apparently with a few mods and some tuning i will be able to get her up to 80.

I have a few bigger orders coming in.

Handlebars
    Lowered seat frame
    anodized grips
    variator kit with rollers
    Fatty stretch kit with a lovely new wheel
    and a bunch of little things!

Stay tuned! some big changes coming soon! might be able to have this little bike looking awesome for illmotion in a few weeks.
    Last edited by Danaldson; 07-28-2016 at 12:00 PM.

Sweeet The aftermarket culture of these is huge alright and some of the builds ive seen are unimaginable for a 50cc scooter. I will get one of these or the grom one day
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 02:39 PM.

My Ride
    ute

Ok, I think I saw a "gang" of these go by my house the other day.

Like 20 of them rumbling by.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Always love to see what you do to whatever you get.
    You should get a Grom one day as I'm sure you'd make it look killer. So much more potential (already can go 110!)

My Ride
    MR2

Dude that is awesome. I was really looking into these at the dealership but ended up going with a Grom instead, since they're the same price. The 03 doesn't look much different than the newest ones either

My Ride
    VTAKK

whats the going rate for one of those?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Fuck yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

You have any questions just shoot me a PM. I've built 4 of them now. But i've had my personal one for close to 4 years now

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

Back when they were stock, also with a Ferrari back drop!

My Ride
    Bagged A4, Ruckus

Originally posted by Disoblige
    Always love to see what you do to whatever you get.
    You should get a Grom one day as I'm sure you'd make it look killer. So much more potential (already can go 110!)
    hey thanks man haha! i like the grom's too! but i like the look of the ruckus' much more. plus i dont need a license for this:P

Originally posted by MR2-3SGTE
    Dude that is awesome. I was really looking into these at the dealership but ended up going with a Grom instead, since they're the same price. The 03 doesn't look much different than the newest ones either
    If i were to buy knew it would have been a tougher choice forsure. form what I've read the only difference was in 06 with was a small upgrade to the motor. 0 difference in looks!

Originally posted by benz_890
    whats the going rate for one of those?
    i finally found mine for 1600 with 1100 kms on it. unbelievable deal imo. Havant seen one for sale for less than 2500 in calgary.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Fuck yes.

Originally posted by Ca_Silvia13
    You have any questions just shoot me a PM. I've built 4 of them now. But i've had my personal one for close to 4 years now
    Looks wicked! i would love to chat about yours! Im just getting into rejetting/tuning. little bit of a learning curve!

My Ride
    Bagged A4, Ruckus

Some go faster bits came in yesterday!

Fresh spark plug
    NCY Unlimited CDI
    Molossi Variator with 7 gram rollers
    Malossi 4.9 Gram rollers
    Poling Belt
    AND PEGS!!! Hurray Leg room!

Heres a look under the CVT cover. Variator on the left, Clutch on the right.

New variator on and chose the 4.9 gram weights to begin with. Lighter weights raise Rpm(better for acceleration but lower top speed), Heavier Weights Lower rpm (higher top speed but slower acceleration)

Will be a lot of playing around with weight combos on the new variator to optimize it for both top speed and acceleration.

After going for a test ride on the 4.9 weights i notice acceleration was great, but i lost 10km/hour from the stock variator. This means the weights were too light.

Swapped over to the 7 gram weights and top speed was back up to 60. Same as stock, but i noticed low and mid range acceleration was much better. So thats good signs. Im going to order some heavier weights and see how that does.

After playing around with the weights, it got to installing my CDI. This removes the rev limiter from your ruckus and plays with the torque curve a little bit. I noticed a bit better acceleration again, but more tuning is needed for me to hit my rev limiter(need to re jet down to a smaller main jet).

The cdi is the little red box under the zip tie. it basically piggy backs on to your ecu.

Last and probably my favourite mod so far is the PEGS! finally i dont hit my knees on the handle bars and gives me a little bit of a sportier riding position.

I have another package arriving today so yay for more mods! and one big package hopefully coming at the end of the week, or early next.

And a nice little roller form bob :P
    fast_man_ by waffle assassin, on Flickr

My Ride
    Bagged A4, Ruckus

Woohoo! more parts! My orders from Password JDM and TheRuckShop came yesterday.

In the password jdm box:
    Lowered seat frame powder coated black
    Lower frame brace with pegs powder coated black
    Lowered handlebar stem with bar.
    Anodized red ignition key cover.

In TheRuckShop box came:
    Roller Weight Tuning set 4 Gram -14 Gram
    Jet Kit including 38 slow jet, 80,82,85 main jets
    Trail tech Vapor digital tachometer/Speedometer
    Michelin Bopper front tire 120/90/10
    the Ruck shop stem face with vapor tach/speedometer mount.

Last night installed my lowered seat frame, lower frame brace and lowered handlebars. The bike is looking pretty sweet now! Really happy with the lowered seat frame and handlebars. its much more comfortable down lower and i have much more leg room with my feet on either sets of pegs .

Before:

After:

Im not too sure what to think of the lower frame brace... It looks kinda cool but it raises the floor so high that I'm unable to put my feet in there anymore. Although the pegs that are attached are great.

As for the handle bars they are great, but i think i may order a different bar. the straight bars aren't the greatest to ride with, so i may look for an angled bar for more comfortable riding. As you can see i also installed the tach/speedo mount stem face. I cant wait to install the vapour tach. Will be much easier to tune the bike knowing exactly where to get the most power in the rev range.

Finally i re-jetted the carb down to a 80 main jet and removed the shim in the needle. I found out for much higher altitudes it better to have the slightly smaller main jet (80 instead of the 85 i had.. thank you Ca_Silva!) and removing the shim in the needle (makes it boggy in higher altitudes with the shim).

I also played around with some more rollers in the variator.
    I tried out 11 gram weights just to see what would happen : slower acceleration/high top speed Kept pulling past 60kph
    lowered it down to 8.5 gram rights and it felt better. Good acceleration and a high top speed. I am regularly hitting 63kph on flats, 65+ when tucking and over 75 bombing down a hill. Im getting close to where i want it. I think with exhaust and more toying with roller weights i will be able to hit 70kph on flats. Thats the goal.

My Ride
    Bagged A4, Ruckus

Let the fun continue!

My Mojo Customs Stretch kit has arrived! Everything tightly packed into the box.

Motor mount
    Little Baby Coilover
    stretch arm/bracket
    extended fuel line
    Longer Brake/Throttle Cables.
    Some red Grips
    and a kickstand.

Got right to it!
    Had to free up a bunch of lines and brakes in order to get the engine moved back and stretch arm bracket bolted up to the frame.

Old Motor Mount Removed

New shock vs old shock

The mojo Kit comes with a choice of three lengths of stretch's. guess which one i picked? :nuts:

Engine mount/Stretch bar on!

Was super close to finishing last night. Just a few more things left to reassemble. The stock throttle and rear brake cable were just barely too short to work. Needed to be about 2-3 inches longer. New extended throttle cable is on, and will be putting the longer rear brake cable on tonight and doing finishing touches! Cant wait!

Oh and the kit also came with this :cool:

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

would one of these require an OOP if purchased elsewhere? since they're 49cc my son could ride it with his learners, his 14th birthday is at the end of the month.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    Bagged A4, Ruckus

Originally posted by Thaco
    would one of these require an OOP if purchased elsewhere? since they're 49cc my son could ride it with his learners, his 14th birthday is at the end of the month.
    As far as i know... yes you would need one as it is treated like any other motor vehicle.

My Ride
    Bagged A4, Ruckus

Man im bad at updating these things...

Had an awesome summer with this bike.

Finished up the rear end

And did a DIY whitewall up front to match the rear.

Got lots of looks at illmotion

but now its getting too cold to ride and i am parking it until spring I've been thinking i might sell this to fund some fun parts for my audi, but still haven't decided. If you're interested, shoot me a pm and we could chat.

Plans for if i keep it? Keep going hard on the modding, get working on the front end. New fork/shocks, brake disc converison, wheel... etc... and have the whole bike powder coated some stupid bright colour.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Hahaha that is sweet! Get some oxford heaterz on it and ride it year round! That thing is perfect for escaping downtown during rush hour.

Curious... do you do the 'motorcycle acknowledgement wave' when you're riding it?
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    Originally posted by InRich
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    Bagged A4, Ruckus

Originally posted by zipdoa

Curious... do you do the 'motorcycle acknowledgement wave' when you're riding it? [/B]
    It's funny haha... I've been riding all summer, and when I first started riding I never expected to get "the wave" because I'm riding some rediculus scooter thing.

But I get the wave all the time from all sorts of riders. It's something I need to get used to doing when I see other riders lol.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

What would a Slutkus like that sell for ? Curious..
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast