Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Sports, Health & Fitness > Cheaper Pharmacy? Costco, Superstore or???

Author
Thread
ExtraSlow
Third Gear

What I drive: 2010 Recession Fighter LX
Posts/Day: 1.12
Trader Rating: (27)
User Rating: 101%

Cheaper Pharmacy? Costco, Superstore or??? quote:

So my family are a bunch of sickies. We've got a lot of ongoing prescriptions, and only partial benefits.

I've always gone to shoppers drug mart, but was recently told that Costco was "way cheaper" for prescriptions. Does anyone have any idea how true that is? How about places like Superstore? I'm not really a costco dude, and I don't live anywhere near one, but I do have a superstore close by. Distance matters when you visit so often.

Another factor is the assistance provided by the pharmacists. I actually end up getting advice pretty often from my current one, and one of the medications in particular has different dosage methods that are kind of up to me. They helpful at those larger places?

Would somewhere give me a quote over the phone? Honestly haven't given this topic much thought, for a long time we had double benefits, so we really didn't care. Every prescription was "free" back then.

Advice or thoughts?

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-29-2017 06:17 PM
ExtraSlow is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ExtraSlow Click here to Send ExtraSlow a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraSlow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

realazy
First Gear

What I drive: FB6
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (7)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Very true.

Costco is so much cheaper that my health benefits cover 100% at Costco versus 90% at anywhere else.

Also, you don't need to be a Costco member to use the pharmacy.

Old Post 03-29-2017 06:19 PM
realazy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for realazy Click here to Send realazy a Private Message Find more posts by realazy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roopi
Second Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.31
Trader Rating: (49)
User Rating: 237%

Re: Cheaper Pharmacy? Costco, Superstore or??? quote:

Originally posted by ExtraSlow

Another factor is the assistance provided by the pharmacists. I actually end up getting advice pretty often from my current one, and one of the medications in particular has different dosage methods that are kind of up to me. They helpful at those larger places?

You are still being helped by pharmacists so service should be the same. I never really ask any questions but they always seem to ask if I need any help or have questions regarding the prescription.

Old Post 03-29-2017 07:39 PM
roopi is online now Click Here to See the Profile for roopi Click here to Send roopi a Private Message Find more posts by roopi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mr2mike
Third Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.58
Trader Rating: (10)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Originally posted by realazy
Also, you don't need to be a Costco member to use the pharmacy.

Same for liquor store.
Pick your medicine of choice or try both.

Old Post 03-29-2017 08:25 PM
mr2mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mr2mike Click here to Send mr2mike a Private Message Find more posts by mr2mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tik-Tok
Cowboy Hunter

What I drive: Japanese functionality, Swedish style.
Posts/Day: 1.55
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 101%

quote:

Not sure of the price difference, but if you're into Airmiles, Safeway/Sobey's has some pretty crazy deals on prescriptions. You get the miles on the full cost of the prescription, not just what you pay.

Old Post 03-29-2017 08:37 PM
Tik-Tok is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Tik-Tok Click here to Send Tik-Tok a Private Message Find more posts by Tik-Tok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
raceman6135
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.04
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

In my experience, Costco has been the cheapest for my prescriptions, as well as when I have to buy insulin syringes for my cat.

Superstore was next lowest, and then Safeway and London Drugs followed, and Shoppers were often the highest price.

I do not have any prescription coverage so I'm paying 100%.

I doubt they'll give you a price quote over the phone, but give it a try.

Costco also has the convenience of automated over-the-phone refills (assuming your Dr. has written the prescription with refills), and you can get home delivery as well (although I have not investigated that aspect).

https://www.costcopharmacy.ca/default.aspx

Old Post 03-30-2017 01:15 AM
raceman6135 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for raceman6135 Click here to Send raceman6135 a Private Message Find more posts by raceman6135 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 05:50 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Sports, Health & Fitness > Cheaper Pharmacy? Costco, Superstore or???

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: