Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > Deciphering China’s Rage At South Korea

Author
Thread
tonytiger55

What I drive: Old Honda
Posts/Day: 0.12
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

I think north Korea's response is a bit overrated.

The second time the US went into Iraq, I recall watching the news and there was much talk about Saddam was going to do. Not much materialised. The US pretty much walked into Iraq.

On paper it looks scary. When shit hits the fan, I think North Korean solders will be in too much in shock and aww to mount a effective response.

But then again.. Koreans are good at Starcraft... so who knows..

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-18-2017 05:07 PM
tonytiger55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tonytiger55 Click here to Send tonytiger55 a Private Message Find more posts by tonytiger55 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

ZenOps
Neutral

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.07
User Rating: 99%

quote:

US has a good short game, North Korea has a good long game strategy.

USA first strike, where they just nuke everyone does actually go in the US favour. Of course long term if it does end up being effective - others will see this strategy and will do the same against other nations including the US.

The US tends to use quotes like "Shock and Awe" because they very well know that if the war isn't won in the first three months - they have lost.

Its kind of like suckerpunching first, unfortunately the US has no such advantage over North Korea as they are expecting suckerpunches from all angles.

Last edited by ZenOps on 04-18-2017 at 05:43 PM

Old Post 04-18-2017 05:35 PM
ZenOps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ZenOps Click here to Send ZenOps a Private Message Find more posts by ZenOps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tonytiger55

What I drive: Old Honda
Posts/Day: 0.12

quote:

Your right. North Korea are expecting a sucker punches.

The way I see it the problem is that they don't know when they are going to get hit. I liken it to being a blacked out room with a angry Mike Tyson who is wearing night vision goggles. Your expecting a punch to the face. The problem is you don't know when your going to be snacked and its going to be a hard punch.

I don't think the US will nuke. They have intensive satellite imagery. They would have played out war games multiple times and have better supply logistics.

A very heavy hit with tomhawks, fighter jets and bombers to knock out potential front line threats and artillery strikes. The second would be dear leaders home, potential bunkers, electrical grid and communication networks. Possibility other strategic areas. But hit first, with lots of bombs, quick and hard.

From that how does North Korea respond? Is the army communication, supplies and training able to deal with that?

Your right, the US will have to knock them out within three months. Does not play well at home politically.

Old Post 04-18-2017 06:57 PM
tonytiger55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tonytiger55 Click here to Send tonytiger55 a Private Message Find more posts by tonytiger55 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZenOps
Neutral

What I drive:

quote:

There is also the scenario that North Korea would use a nuke within its own borders should anyone attempt a land invasion.

It does make sense if say 10,000 US troops and a few hundred standard armored vehicles get all clustered up in nuke blast radius (very easy to do) I can imagine they have bouncing betties all along the border now, that do not need to have any launch vehicle at all.

A defensive nuke, actually used as "defense" has never been tried before - but it does make sense that if you don't care much about a few random outlier farmers at your borders - you can stop an invading land army in 1/4 second.

I mean, its not like the US hasn't nuked its own country several hundred times over.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sedan_(nuclear_test)

Sedan was *supposed* to be underground, but it broke through the surface and is estimated to currently be the cause of 7% of the self inflicted nuclear fallout in the US.

Last edited by ZenOps on 04-20-2017 at 02:19 PM

Old Post 04-20-2017 02:16 PM
ZenOps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ZenOps Click here to Send ZenOps a Private Message Find more posts by ZenOps Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stuart

What I drive: 2004 RX8, 1992 Miata, 1996 Spec Miata, 2012 Ram
Posts/Day: 0.05

quote:

Originally posted by ZenOps
Sedan was *supposed* to be underground, but it broke through the surface and is estimated to currently be the cause of 7% of the self inflicted nuclear fallout in the US. [/B]

Sedan was always intended to be a cratering event. There was no attempt to contain it underground as that would have defeated the entire purpose of the program.

Old Post 04-20-2017 06:40 PM
Stuart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stuart Click here to Send Stuart a Private Message Find more posts by Stuart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ZenOps
Neutral

What I drive:

quote:

So then by that rationale, the 10 or so events were designed to maximize nuclear fallout across the greater landmass of the US.

Whatever side you want to have on that event, I tend to prefer "accident" or at very least "miscalculation".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nucle...ut_exposure.png

Y'know if North Korea did that - it would be called the greatest human rights violation ever. Forget about gassing your own populace, the US probably cancered everyone. I could very easily debate that the US open ground nuclear tests did far more damage long term to millions of Americans, than Assad ever allegedly did with gas to the local population there.

Technically, Canada could probably sue the US for its extreme negligence during the Nevada Tests. Noone at the time realized what 100 atmospheric and 12 or so ground level nukes would do to cancer rates and general health implications of greater north America over the decades.

BTW: By that rationale it makes Kennedy the single most heinous president of the US, if you include the possibility that he faked the moon landings.

Last edited by ZenOps on 04-23-2017 at 05:59 PM

Old Post 04-23-2017 05:27 PM
ZenOps
Neutral

What I drive:

quote:

There is also the question of:

If and when North Korea tests an atmospheric nuke in the middle of its own nation, would it be considered an act of war to those outside the nation?

Because North Korea is a small place, and it would be hard to not see it from South Korea. And if you can see the visible light blast, you are also absorbing the gamma rays.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Bomba

1,000 kilometer view distance for the fireball, shock wave on a bigger nuke can also shatter windows at that distance. But unlike the US, most of the fallout would not drop over land, it would most likely drop into the ocean and not be a humanitarian disaster, like the aforementioned US nukes were a humanitarian disaster.

Trivia: Although the Tsar Bomb was dropped from a bomber, it in fact - nearly made it back up to the height of the bomber because of the blast pressure against the ground forcing it back up.

Last edited by ZenOps on 04-24-2017 at 03:21 PM

Old Post 04-24-2017 03:00 PM
The time now is 03:21 AM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Society / Law / Current Events / Politics > Deciphering China’s Rage At South Korea

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: