Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Dental work for my dog

Author
Thread
gregrego
Neutral

What I drive: Mr2/evo8/'11sti/E30/e46/e92..
Posts/Day: 0.06
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 95%

Unhappy Dental work for my dog quote:

My 6 year old Boston terrier has a couple loose teeth, both on the bottom front, the small ones.

He hasn't seen a vet since I moved to calgary, I live in chaparral, are there some recommendations for cheaper dental work? DeWinton quoted me 1-2000$ for cleaning and any extractions. Seems very high when I've read people paid sub 1000 for the same work.

Where do you guys go? And can you share some pricing experiences?

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-06-2017 05:07 AM
gregrego is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gregrego Click here to Send gregrego a Private Message Find more posts by gregrego Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

dj_rice
owned by an '08 n00b! LOL

What I drive: 93 240sx SE, 02 Pathfinder LE
Posts/Day: 1.18
Trader Rating: (34)

quote:

I find that the vets that are out of town are usually cheaper than the big city vets. Try quotes from Airdrie and surrounding.

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Old Post 03-06-2017 05:24 AM
dj_rice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dj_rice Click here to Send dj_rice a Private Message Find more posts by dj_rice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tej.S
Neutral

What I drive: 17' C43 Coupe
Posts/Day: 0.09
Trader Rating: (2)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Beddington Trail Animal Hospital has the cheapest rates by far. I had my Labrador's teeth cleaned there for about $200. I called three other places, with the next lowest price being $600 lol. They did a really good job for a relatively low rate. I've been there about two or three times for other check ups and things. My experience every time has been positive.

Old Post 03-06-2017 06:03 AM
Tej.S is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tej.S Click here to Send Tej.S a Private Message Find more posts by Tej.S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ercchry
Fifth Gear

What I drive: E90M3 510 Wagon
Posts/Day: 1.51
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

I'd just go buy a rope from the pet store... cleans the teeth from chewing... then a little tug-o-war will pull those loose teeth right out, all for $10

Old Post 03-06-2017 06:16 AM
ercchry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blitz
Third Gear

What I drive: S4 Avant / Fiesta ST / Forester XT
Posts/Day: 0.57
Trader Rating: (23)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by Tej.S
Beddington Trail Animal Hospital has the cheapest rates by far. I had my Labrador's teeth cleaned there for about $200. I called three other places, with the next lowest price being $600 lol. They did a really good job for a relatively low rate. I've been there about two or three times for other check ups and things. My experience every time has been positive.

This place is awesome. When my dog was 12 he had a cleaning and 31 teeth remove for $600.

They had quoted us $25 per extraction, but took pity on us because of the volume and lowered the cost for the simple extractions.

Old Post 03-06-2017 06:22 AM
blitz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blitz Click here to Send blitz a Private Message Visit blitz's homepage! Find more posts by blitz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gregrego
Neutral

What I drive: Mr2/evo8/'11sti/E30/e46/e92..
Posts/Day: 0.06
Trader Rating: (0)

quote:

Originally posted by ercchry
I'd just go buy a rope from the pet store... cleans the teeth from chewing... then a little tug-o-war will pull those loose teeth right out, all for $10

I think this is what helped to loosen them, got him a rope toy to help with flossing, 2 weeks later, rope destroyed. He was playing tug of war with my 80 lb pitbull..

I've heard a lot of good things about beddington, def going to give them a shot. Will also be trying some clinics in high river, or Nanton etc.

Old Post 03-06-2017 01:55 PM
gregrego is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gregrego Click here to Send gregrego a Private Message Find more posts by gregrego Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cjblair
Second Gear

What I drive: Jap V8
Posts/Day: 0.53
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Another +1 for beddington, been taking our dogs there for a couple years now.

17Ave vet clinic is also great. They performed a cherry eye surgery for one of our dogs and the price was significantly cheaper than others, service was fantastic and the surgery successful.

Old Post 03-06-2017 02:48 PM
cjblair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cjblair Click here to Send cjblair a Private Message Find more posts by cjblair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigbadboss101
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.22
Trader Rating: (24)
User Rating: 114%

quote:

Beddington Trail vet, are their other services good in quality and prices too? I like the vets we go to but a visit and couple shots and it's $$$.

Old Post 03-06-2017 04:27 PM
bigbadboss101 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigbadboss101 Click here to Send bigbadboss101 a Private Message Find more posts by bigbadboss101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cjblair
Second Gear

What I drive: Jap V8
Posts/Day: 0.53
Trader Rating: (5)
User Rating: 97%

quote:

Everything I've had done there has been the cheapest Ive found, but their bedside manner, etc, is still very good. Neuter, shots, checkups all very cheap.

Old Post 03-06-2017 06:26 PM
cjblair is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cjblair Click here to Send cjblair a Private Message Find more posts by cjblair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
craigcd
First Gear

What I drive: KTM
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (14)

quote:

Beddington Trail. I posted a thread on this in the summer, as cheap or cheaper than out of town vets.

Old Post 03-06-2017 06:32 PM
craigcd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for craigcd Click here to Send craigcd a Private Message Find more posts by craigcd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rx7boi
Neutral

What I drive: (0^oo^0)~
Posts/Day: 0.07

quote:

Good info. Our Shiba is 7 now and needs teeth cleaning. This looks like it's a good option based on the Google reviews as well.

Old Post 03-06-2017 08:13 PM
rx7boi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rx7boi Click here to Send rx7boi a Private Message Find more posts by rx7boi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BensonTT
First Gear

What I drive:
Posts/Day: 0.17

quote:

Originally posted by ercchry

You must be a cat person lol

Old Post 03-06-2017 09:00 PM
BensonTT is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BensonTT Click here to Send BensonTT a Private Message Find more posts by BensonTT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ercchry
Fifth Gear

What I drive: E90M3 510 Wagon
Posts/Day: 1.51

quote:

Originally posted by BensonTT

You must be a cat person lol

I have 170lbs worth of labs...

Old Post 03-06-2017 09:03 PM
ercchry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
schurchill39
Second Gear

What I drive: Ford, Acura, Harley
Posts/Day: 0.34
Trader Rating: (15)

quote:

Originally posted by rx7boi
Good info. Our Shiba is 7 now and needs teeth cleaning. This looks like it's a good option based on the Google reviews as well.

Let me know how this works for you. As a fellow shiba owner I am sure you understand the struggle with these dogs. My pup needs a teeth cleaning too but it would be a nightmare to to take her anywhere unless it was worth it.

Originally posted by rage2
...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
You dudes have some squeaky clean assholes. I commend you.

Old Post 03-06-2017 10:15 PM
schurchill39 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for schurchill39 Click here to Send schurchill39 a Private Message Find more posts by schurchill39 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 10:15 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > General > Dental work for my dog

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: