Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Food and Dining > Dining experience: Migarock Korean

Author
Thread
TomcoPDR
Slanty Gwai Lo

What I drive: Bowtie
Posts/Day: 0.73
Trader Rating: (78)
User Rating: 101%

Dining experience: Migarock Korean quote:

Migarock Korean restaurant
17, 7400 Macleod Trail SE
www.migarock.ca

Anyone remember "Outlaws?" lol

Anyway, this strip mall turned pretty vibrant these 5-6 years. (for those oldies who remember this 15-30 years ago, didn't really paid attention to it much but didn't remember this to be a happenin' place)

Across the street from Big4 Jeep. It's got rental car place, pizza take out, Dollarama, vape shop, daycare (I just remember the saloon style barn deck when it was the club lol), it's even got it's own Korean grocery store.

Noticed there's a change in reno (either new owner/management, or just new reno)...

Ambient 5.5/10: still full service dining but I'd lean towards fast food/cafeteria, at times you'll get large family groups so it could get nosy.

Service 8/10: Looks like new management to me, very enthusiast "manager/owner"... with their hotpot for 2, he even guided the authentic sequence to consume (veggies, tofu, noodles, and then the rice into the soup). They've even added a call bell at the tables (compare to last time I was there)

Value 8.3/10: Not bad at all $29.95 for a set dinner for 2 hot pot, reasonably filling.

Not sure why there hasn't been knowledgement of this place here. Next time you're up for some K-food, check out Migarock and see what the rage is all about.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-08-2017 05:47 AM
TomcoPDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TomcoPDR Click here to Send TomcoPDR a Private Message Find more posts by TomcoPDR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

ercchry
Fifth Gear

What I drive: E90M3 510 Wagon
Posts/Day: 1.51
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Was that always its name? I've been there a bunch of times for lunch over the years, always good... never cooked my own there though as it's usually been larger groups and it was just easier for them to do it

Old Post 03-08-2017 06:09 AM
ercchry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TYMSMNY
First Gear

What I drive: AMGGGGGGsixtythree
Posts/Day: 0.32
Trader Rating: (24)
User Rating: 94%

quote:

Originally posted by ercchry
Was that always its name? I've been there a bunch of times for lunch over the years, always good... never cooked my own there though as it's usually been larger groups and it was just easier for them to do it

Koreana was the old place.

Old Post 03-08-2017 06:13 AM
TYMSMNY is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TYMSMNY Click here to Send TYMSMNY a Private Message Find more posts by TYMSMNY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TomcoPDR
Slanty Gwai Lo

quote:

Originally posted by ercchry

The older we get, the more I like Korean grille being cooked from their kitchen. Love watching those who volunteers to cook at Seoul Korea Restaurant, there's only 1 Beyonder I've seen committed grilling the entire meal, the rest just gives up half way through.

Originally posted by TYMSMNY

Koreana was the old place.

When did it changed to Migarock?

Old Post 03-08-2017 06:39 AM
TomcoPDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TomcoPDR Click here to Send TomcoPDR a Private Message Find more posts by TomcoPDR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
max_boost
Beyond Bully

What I drive: nothing special :(
Posts/Day: 1.80
Trader Rating: (31)
User Rating: 123%

quote:

it changed awhile back.

btw what happened to the lg from freshii. was hoping to see more of her in the reviews??

Old Post 03-08-2017 06:19 PM
max_boost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for max_boost Click here to Send max_boost a Private Message Find more posts by max_boost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dj_rice
owned by an '08 n00b! LOL

What I drive: 93 240sx SE, 02 Pathfinder LE
Posts/Day: 1.18
Trader Rating: (34)
User Rating: 95%

quote:

Originally posted by max_boost
it changed awhile back.

btw what happened to the lg from freshii. was hoping to see more of her in the reviews??

The wife didn't have much talent. The friend on the other hand is very talented.

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Old Post 03-08-2017 07:46 PM
dj_rice is online now Click Here to See the Profile for dj_rice Click here to Send dj_rice a Private Message Find more posts by dj_rice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
max_boost
Beyond Bully

quote:

that situation can be fixed for a baller like him. bolt ons are a great investment.

Old Post 03-08-2017 07:50 PM
max_boost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for max_boost Click here to Send max_boost a Private Message Find more posts by max_boost Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TomcoPDR
Slanty Gwai Lo

quote:

In similar wording from richardchan2002, nothing beats factory OEM settings.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Good side topic, perhaps move it into Health/Fitness thread as well?

Old Post 03-08-2017 08:18 PM
flipstah
The Gimp

What I drive: exploded.
Posts/Day: 1.97
Trader Rating: (13)
User Rating: 102%

quote:

Originally posted by max_boost
it changed awhile back.

LG?

Old Post 03-08-2017 08:25 PM
flipstah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for flipstah Click here to Send flipstah a Private Message Visit flipstah's homepage! Find more posts by flipstah Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
max_boost
Beyond Bully

quote:

bolt ons are probably the BEST investment. just check instagram

Old Post 03-08-2017 08:34 PM
The time now is 12:51 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Food and Dining > Dining experience: Migarock Korean

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: