Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Sports, Health & Fitness > Educate me on CBD Oil

Author
Thread
aaronck
Neutral

What I drive: Fozzy XT
Posts/Day: 0.03
Trader Rating: (8)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Originally posted by ercchry
This thread got my brain thinking... currently have 3g of 7/9 thc/cbd in the water bath with 30ml of coconut oil at 190F, going to leave that overnight... so will have some thc and cbd activated, then I'm going to add in 1g of 22% thc and leave it for a day at around 80F to hopefully have a good amount of thca added in too. Then mixing it with a commercial cream. Should have really good anti inflammatory properties theoretically... but only time will tell

Using the Sous Vide machine? Interesting. Does it cut down on the smell?

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-28-2017 03:59 PM
aaronck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for aaronck Click here to Send aaronck a Private Message Find more posts by aaronck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

ercchry
Fifth Gear

What I drive: 79cx500 01UCF31
Posts/Day: 1.52
Trader Rating: (6)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by aaronck

Using the Sous Vide machine? Interesting. Does it cut down on the smell?

Yeah, no smell and perfect temperature control... works well

Old Post 02-28-2017 05:18 PM
ercchry is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaronck
Neutral

quote:

Nice, let me know how it turns out- why are you cooking in 2 separate stages?

Old Post 02-28-2017 05:30 PM
aaronck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for aaronck Click here to Send aaronck a Private Message Find more posts by aaronck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ercchry
Fifth Gear

quote:

Originally posted by aaronck

Nice, let me know how it turns out- why are you cooking in 2 separate stages?

Cbd needs a higher temp to convert, so all the thca will turn into thc. So to insure I have a decent amount of thca I need to do the second stage with fresh bud. It really is more useful in this case since there is no high involved and thca has better anti inflammatory properties than thc

Old Post 02-28-2017 05:34 PM
ercchry is online now Click Here to See the Profile for ercchry Click here to Send ercchry a Private Message Visit ercchry's homepage! Find more posts by ercchry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JordanEG6
FKA: TeamCrewcial

What I drive: Honda E Toaster
Posts/Day: 0.36
Trader Rating: (41)

quote:

+1

I de-carb in a ziploc for an hour, remove the bud then stick them in mason jars with butter or oil and sous vide them for 4-6 hours.

So far it's been great with edibles as it cuts down the burnt weed taste. I've tried different methods before (double boiler, crock pot, oven de-carb), so far its the best way for me as it's consistent results with no smell.

Never tried the Magic Butter machine though. I can't bring myself to spend $200 on something that ONLY makes pot butter.

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current

NEW LISTING SELLING OVER 200-300 PAIRS OF SNEAKERS ** CLICK*** OR PM ME

Old Post 02-28-2017 05:42 PM
JordanEG6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JordanEG6 Click here to Send JordanEG6 a Private Message Find more posts by JordanEG6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ercchry
Fifth Gear

quote:

This thread got my brain thinking... currently have 3g of 7/9 thc/cbd in the water bath with 30ml of coconut oil at 190F, going to leave that overnight... so will have some thc and cbd activated, then I'm going to add in 1g of 22% thc and leave it for a day at around 80F to hopefully have a good amount of thca added in too. Then mixing it with a commercial cream. Should have really good anti inflammatory properties theoretically... but only time will tell

First stage ended up being 14hr, second was 12hr

My 30ml of oil ended up after loss being 26ml strained

Mixed that with 150ml of hemps brand lotion (seemed fitting haha)

For what should be 2.5mg/ml of thc/thca and 1.5mg/ml of cbd

Got the gf to rub some into my whole back last night, took probably 20-40min to really start to work, but 7hrs later everything still feels nice and loose.

But the real test should be thurs/fri after snowboarding in (hopefully) some deep powder at revy

Old Post 03-01-2017 12:35 PM
JordanEG6
FKA: TeamCrewcial

What I drive: Honda E Toaster
Posts/Day: 0.36
Trader Rating: (41)

quote:

First stage ended up being 14hr, second was 12hr

My 30ml of oil ended up after loss being 26ml strained

Mixed that with 150ml of hemps brand lotion (seemed fitting haha)

For what should be 2.5mg/ml of thc/thca and 1.5mg/ml of cbd

Got the gf to rub some into my whole back last night, took probably 20-40min to really start to work, but 7hrs later everything still feels nice and loose.

But the real test should be thurs/fri after snowboarding in (hopefully) some deep powder at revy

Sounds awesome. I may have to steal this 'recipe' from you. Post the results after riding, I'd like to know if it works after strenuous activity.

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current

NEW LISTING SELLING OVER 200-300 PAIRS OF SNEAKERS ** CLICK*** OR PM ME

Old Post 03-01-2017 03:41 PM
JordanEG6 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JordanEG6 Click here to Send JordanEG6 a Private Message Find more posts by JordanEG6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aaronck
Neutral

quote:

So you added the green to the coconut oil at the same time that you are de-carbing it? I did the same with my infused coconut oil and got SUPER wrecked, did not cut it with any other cream, just warmed it in the microwave and applied (GF got buzzed as well from helping apply it to my back)

Old Post 03-01-2017 03:56 PM
ercchry
Fifth Gear

quote:

Yeah, if you decarb like this it just takes a long time hence the 14hrs at 190F, but it's basically zero loss since nothing can escape via gas

You must have made some crazy strong oil to actually catch a buzz this way. I'd avoid the microwave though, apparently it scrambles the thc

Gf's only complaint from applying it was a warming tingling/numb sensation

Old Post 03-01-2017 04:08 PM
aaronck
Neutral

quote:

It's pretty strong- took 1/2 oz of shake, decarbed in the oven, cooked in an old slow cooked for around 4 hours in a cup of coconut oil, with some lecithen. 2 batches so far, has been great. I haven't tried with any of my medicinal yet, but am almost due to make a batch again.

Old Post 03-01-2017 04:37 PM
ercchry
Fifth Gear

quote:

Huh, that shouldn't be too crazy... wonder if you guys ended up ingesting some? Or it entered the bloodstream somehow

This was an interesting read:

http://www.compassioncenter.net/top...s-preparations/

Old Post 03-01-2017 04:47 PM
SmAcKpOo
First Gear

What I drive: '03 ep3
Posts/Day: 0.13
Trader Rating: (25)

quote:

I've been vaping some Jack Herrer ~ 20.2% THC and its so potent my shit is fucked up for hours. Its not overly medicinal when it puts me to sleep....Lol.

Old Post 03-01-2017 08:57 PM
SmAcKpOo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SmAcKpOo Click here to Send SmAcKpOo a Private Message Find more posts by SmAcKpOo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ercchry
Fifth Gear

quote:

Well, ended up riding 3 days of powder. First day I forgot the pax in the car... whoops

Was absolutely wrecked by 3pm... like could not even ride on my heel edge cause my quads were beyond cooked

Used cream on neck, back, and legs that night, then reapplied the next morning... also remembered the pax. Day two, I rode harder AND made it till last chair... even after being pretty beat from day one

Day 3? Got there for first tracks and rode till last chair, crazy deep snow too... so I'm giving topicals an A+ haha, was magic... considering how out of shape I am (only got out twice this year before this week) it was a life saver.

Also we are pretty damn hardcore, hiked for basically half the runs we did and we don't stop and wait. Top to bottom all day nonstop with no lunch break or anything

Old Post 03-05-2017 08:03 AM
The time now is 05:51 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   

Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Lounge > Sports, Health & Fitness > Educate me on CBD Oil

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: