Quantcast
Excellence Auto Network? Any Reviews? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Excellence Auto Network? Any Reviews?

Anything with "Excellence" in the name in the Auto industry is pretty much guaranteed to be the opposite...

Hey I know these guys I got a loan from them for a work truck I needed when I was desperate ...At you know what 24% ya thats right look I had NOO choice that was 2 years ago anyway the dude that had the vehicle listed on their site was a really good dude even tried to give me a better deal on the truck but they said we had to stick to the original price anyways..They just knocked down my %%% rate cause I recommended a buddy who was hard up and he got a truck from them too. I'm down to 10% Whoosh still hefty but whatever Im getting to work .These guys are as real as it gets the mafia of interest rates straight upppp!!!!!

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by roberts99
    Hey I know these guys I got a loan from them for a work truck I needed when I was desperate ...At you know what 24% ya thats right look I had NOO choice that was 2 years ago ...
    Yeah, you had no choice.

My experience on using this company:
    I promised myself I'd provide feedback on using Excellence Auto Network after I had difficulty finding feedback on them. I listed a car for sale on Kijiji in the Toronto area. In the following days I was contacted only by apparent scammers. Excellence called and I put them off, saying I'd have to check them out. They called back some days later and, against my better judgment, I signed up. I was going through a process with their agent trying to see the forms to see what I would be agreeing to, and before I knew it, I'd signed up. The pitch is that they get my car noticed (which is frankly a problem with the thousands of listings on other sites). They charge $500 (actually US$500 but this isn't immediately apparent) for a 45 day listing (which is renewable for as long as it takes to sell (for no further charge). They claim to market the car to people with bruised credit who have little choice but to pay high prices and high interest rates. Excellence says they are primarily interested in the financing, and this may in fact be true but clearly they are also very interested in the listing fee. They suggest they can sell the car for my asking price (which I had inflated to allow for negotiation) plus the amount of their fee. The point being that if they successfully arrange a sale then I get more net proceeds. They suggest there is no negotiation (although I think this may not be true as they seemed to suggest later a potential buyer could make a lower offer for me to consider), that the buyer arranges to buy through their financing contacts, who provide the buyer with a certified cheque payable to me. He meets me, does a quick test drive and so long as the car is basically as advertised, we do the deal. There is a three day window to back out of the listing arrangement for a $200 (?) cancellation fee. I got cold feet after I couldn't find pertinent reviews on them and called back to cancel in the 3-day window. Their guy talked me into giving them a chance, pointing out (correctly) that any negative comments I was seeing online were from people who had never used their service. I felt kind of honour bound to use the service since I'd signed up for it. I had listed on Kijiji for $10,900, hoping to get $10,000 (which I felt was a very fair price for the car). They listed the car on their site (which is quite real and seems quite legitimate) for $11,500. I cancelled the Kijiji listing to let the process play out in the hope of getting the $11,500. The 45 days passed with no offer. I renewed and lowered the price to $10,500. Another month passed with no offers. I lowered the price to $9,500. Each time I lowered the price their rep said that will definitely get their attention. When I lowered the price to $9,500 I also posted the car on Auto Trader for $9,500. I sold it through autotrader for $9,000 a week later. I continued to leave the car listed with Excellence for another 15 days to see if they would come up with a buyer. Yjey did not. All in all, I had the sense that they try to do exactly what they represent they will. The problem is that for a US$500 non-refundable fee, they better have a high success rate. My experience was disappointing and I have no reason to believe it's not typical. They do answer the phone and they co have a legitimate web site, but their service to me was a complete waste of money.

My Ride
    NC1

That sucks but lesson learnt. I fell for one back in 2003 but it was just for $65. Never again!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2