Quantcast
Fatal crash on Glenmore... - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fatal crash on Glenmore...

My Ride
    DA6, R59

Saw this on the news just alittle while ago... I have a bad feeling of this as well, I sure hope it's no on here... But condolences to the family, RIP.

That would be such an awful feeling to see your sons car all smashed up on the news, probably one of the worst ways to find out!

My Ride
    jdm b18c

sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

Originally posted by top_speed
    could this be the same one?
    http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLar...p;ImageIndex=1
    I would think not.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

RIP

Condolences to the family.

My Ride
    02 RSX

RIP

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Default could this be the same one?

I dont know that looks damn close, scary RIP 21 yr old man just terrible to hear.
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    05 Forester X

Originally posted by Type_B
    i actually saw him the other day crusing on mcknight and exit off deerfoot he actually pulls his car hard but i passed him anyways

R.I.P
    R.I.P
    could have been you.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

I'm fairly positive he was from the chestermere area. My friend that was serving me last night at a restaurant said she was called in because the girl that was supposed to work was his girlfriend

RIP

My Ride
    14' 435i

RIP

condolences to all family and friends for there loss

have they released his name??
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

RIP

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

"in a fast german car, i'm amazed that i survived, an airbag saved my life"

inspiration to always pay 110% attention while you drive

unfortunately society has kind of accepted that collisions are a part of life. i think that every collision is preventable. always know what is going on in and around your car. driving is the most dangerous thing we do on any given day.

RIP
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    gets 36 mpg!

Originally posted by zipdoa

unfortunately society has kind of accepted that collisions are a part of life. i think that every collision is preventable. always know what is going on in and around your car. driving is the most dangerous thing we do on any given day.
    +1 for this, couldn't have said it better. Too bad not everyone thinks along these lines

luxor Guest

unfortunately society has kind of accepted that collisions are a part of life. i think that every collision is preventable.

always know what is going on in and around your car. driving is the most dangerous thing we do on any given day.

RIP
    Although I agree driving is dangerous, in fact more dangerous than some might think or like to have in the back of their mind.

What I don't agree with is that "every collision is preventable." You can think that all you want to make yourself feel better but that statement is not true. Case being on a undivided highway, around a blind corner, someone is driving on your side of the lane (illegally) and you don't see this vehicle until it is 2 meters in front of you (as you turn the corner). With the given highway speed that both of you are traveling, a head on collision is going to happen. Even if you had the fastest reaction in the world, you cannot stop or shift your car away to prevent that accident in time. That is just how the mechanics of things are and you cannot change that, therefore NOT all collisions are preventable.

Another example is say someone clipped you back bumper while they were changing lanes, the roads are icy and you get sent flying over the median and you are sliding straight into a gravel truck going the other way. You really think you could have seen something like that coming?

There are a ton of situations where collisions are just not in your control, fortunately though these don't occur that often (thankfully).

Statistics show that you are way more likely to get killed in a car accident than getting killed on a plane crash. So don't for a second think that just because you can prevent a few fender benders on a daily basis means all collisions are preventable. If it was then there wouldn't be any "accidents" on our roads. No one want to accept car accidents as a part of life, I know I don't, but we just have to like many other things.
    Last edited by luxor; 10-02-2009 at 03:55 PM.

rip
    Blood for Boost

My Ride
    Merc SL55 AMG

Originally posted by luxor

What I don't agree with is that "every collision is preventable." You can think that all you want to make yourself feel better but that statement is not true. Case being on a undivided highway, around a blind corner, someone is driving on your side of the lane (illegally) and you don't see this vehicle until it is 2 meters in front of you (as you turn the corner). With the given highway speed that both of you are traveling, a head on collision is going to happen. Even if you had the fastest reaction in the world, you cannot stop or shift your car away to prevent that accident in time. That is just how the mechanics of things are and you cannot change that, therefore NOT all collisions are preventable.

Another example is say someone clipped you back bumper while they were changing lanes, the roads are icy and you get sent flying over the median and you are sliding straight into a gravel truck going the other way. You really think you could have seen something like that coming?

There are a ton of situations where collisions are just not in your control, fortunately though these don't occur that often (thankfully).

Statistics show that you are way more likely to get killed in a car accident than getting killed on a plane crash. So don't for a second think that just because you can prevent a few fender benders on a daily basis means all collisions are preventable. If it was then there wouldn't be any "accidents" on our roads. No one want to accept car accidents as a part of life, I know I don't, but we just have to like many other things.
    He didnt mean preventable as in the collision is taking place and avoiding it.

For your two examples:

-if the individual wasn't driving in the wrong lane "illegally" then there would not have been an accident... I.E PREVENTABLE

-if the individual wasn't careless and didnt clip the bumper nothing would have happened... I.E PREVENTABLE

I don't believe that anyone is stupid enough to think that they have absolute control in a situation with absolutely no control. What he's trying to say is that what we can do is take care so that we don't get into situations with no control and in that respect I do agree that all these types of incidents are preventable. I refuse to subscribe to the "freak accident" mentality and live in ignorance.

Drive safe everyone.

RIP.

btw,

I know an emergency ER Physician who has traveled all over the world speaking to the largest companies in the world with regards to safety and accident prevention. He is named to the top 100 physicians of the century in Canada.

With your permission I'd like to submit this quote to him to use as part of his presentation. (not kidding, I would really like to, perfect example of an extremely dangerous way of thinking).

You Should NEVER accept accidents as part of life.

-Do you really want a cop to think that way? People are going to drink and drive and kill people, its a part of life, so i'm not going to bother.
    -Do you want a researcher to think that way? We're never going to cure cancer, its a part of life.
    -Do you want an engineer to think that way? Bridges will eventually fail, so I'm not going to put in the correct factor of safety.
    etc... etc....
    Last edited by hippak; 10-02-2009 at 06:03 PM.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Originally posted by luxor

pretty naive point of view.

100% are preventable, because 100% are caused by human error.

we build the machines, we drive them, we crash them.

it doesn't matter what the conditions, we are responsible for what the vehicle is doing.

after a while people tend to experience the 'illusion of safety', and it makes them careless - it's amazing what velocity can do when human beings are in season!
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    2016 Focus RS - Stealth Grey

^ and ^^ very true. Although 100% is a little high, unless you're discounting anything that nature had a hand in, ie: deer birds tornadoes floods etc haha

I was driving beside a cow transport truck on deerfoot once. While going over the calf robe bridge a cow friggin peed all over my window!! Couldn't see a thing. Very dangerous. And smelly.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

luxor Guest

pretty naive point of view.

100% are preventable, because 100% are caused by human error.

we build the machines, we drive them, we crash them.

it doesn't matter what the conditions, we are responsible for what the vehicle is doing.
    100% cause by human error? Okay buddy!

When a tire blows out from you car and you lose control and crash, that's human error and was 100% preventable right?

What if your car had mechanical failures, for example to a steering component and you lose control and crash. Even though you kept up with your scheduled maintenance would that still be your own fault cause it was "100%" human error? I'd like see you to go to your insurance and tell them not cover for your damages cause you took full responsibility for the crash-since you are such a stand up guy.

What about medical reason like seizures. I can't count with all my fingers how many times accidents occur due to medical reasons in the past few years. We all know medical conditions like seizures are 100% preventable and if it happens it is 100% the person's fault right?

Hey that's just my opinion though. I don't believe all collisions are 100% preventable and they certainly aren't 100% caused by human error. I do believe in defensive driving and doing all possible to prevent other vehicles from hitting me. The reason why I drive defensively is because I know that there is a chance that an accident can occur beyond anyone's control. But what do I know, you're the superman here that can manipulate all odds in your favor, even against mother nature. And I'm the naive one right? Get a clue.

Last edited by luxor; 10-03-2009 at 02:33 PM.

My Ride
    99 1.8t

yikes seen this guy cruisin around alot in the sw. never seemed to be driving like a loser or anything... RIP so sad.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast