Quantcast
Fatty can't get alignment done! - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Fatty can't get alignment done!

Originally posted by corsvette
    She has a problem with pulling all right.......not being able to pull away from the dinner table!
    This made me laugh so hard I spat my supersized double bacon cheeseburger value meal and extra large triple-triple all over the dash of my Kia Rios

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

The Hambeast comment is gold

Originally posted by Destinova403
    but lets see it from her point of view... isnt it so much easier to just blame everyone else?
    ok from her point of view "hmmm i'm fat, i don't fit properly into a kia and it drives like shit when i'm in it, why don't i buy a bigger car that can handle a bigger person?"

My Ride
    63 cadillac

Forget the pulling. I bet the welds on the seat base brake in the first 3 months. I have had to do alignments with fat people in the car and a friend of mine from tire craft says he does it all the time. I bet she steers with her belly

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

This country is so PC it's sickening. Lady, you're not a "heavier person". You're fat. Pure and simple. The Rio is one of the lightest vehicles sold in North America today. Perhaps it was a poor choice? I think a 3/4 ton truck might be a little more heavy duty, and would suit her needs just fine.

She should just get a McLaren F1.

I was in Edmonton a few years back for a car audio show and there was Harveys in the same parking lot. I was talking to a buddy when this HUGE fat chick comes waddling out the door, no less tan 350-400 lbs. and proceeds to wedge itself behind the wheel of a Firefly. The poor little car rolled to the left and it had to have settled on the bump stops. We both were wondering how the hell the car had any tread left on the tires because it had to have had a wicked pull to the left. I don't know how it could even turn to right. We figured it out when I presume her husband rolled out the door of the Harveys and he had to have been pushing 500 lbs. I have no idea how squeezed into the passenger side but the car rolled to the right and ended up fairly level. It would pretty much have to end up level sitting on the collapsed coil springs.
    '08.5 Mazda 3
    '90 Laser RS-T
    '07 Yamaha R6

My Ride

next thing you know, some fatty is going to be complaining about their gas milage too haha

Originally posted by HHURICANE1
    I was in Edmonton a few years back for a car audio show and there was Harveys in the same parking lot. I was talking to a buddy when this HUGE fat chick comes waddling out the door, no less tan 350-400 lbs. and proceeds to wedge itself behind the wheel of a Firefly. The poor little car rolled to the left and it had to have settled on the bump stops. We both were wondering how the hell the car had any tread left on the tires because it had to have had a wicked pull to the left. I don't know how it could even turn to right. We figured it out when I presume her husband rolled out the door of the Harveys and he had to have been pushing 500 lbs. I have no idea how squeezed into the passenger side but the car rolled to the right and ended up fairly level. It would pretty much have to end up level sitting on the collapsed coil springs.
    dude that nothing. i use to work in a 'big & tall' store and i saw the fattest people that are beyond your imagination.

- guy's legs couldn't support his own weight. had on 2 knee braces, 2 ankle braces, walked with 2 canes and carried an emergency oxygen tank. to top it off he was going in for his third knee surgery in a few weeks. sold him a pair of size 72 pants

My Ride
    has three pedals.

Originally posted by sr20s14zenki

Exactly, and i really hope the poor tech who suggested this didnt get reprimanded, im sick of these fat fucks walking around making people change for them, and using tools like the news and papers to help them out. If people start ridiculing them more, and holding their hands less, they may just get the point. Tell me if im wrong here, im starting to see a connection, fat----->stupid.....yes? no?
    Thats it exactly. Our skeletons are not ment for 200lbs of excess fat. (Except for muscle building, etc.)

This is so stupid. Airplane seats, is another one. Discrimination. Fuck sakes.

There is a reason 400lb people dont ride motorcycles.

"Growing Society" ???

WTF people....DIET.

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

Seatbelt extensions? She could barely get her huge ass in the car, what...is she gonna slip out of that window in a roll over? Not like an airbag isnt going to rupture her gunt with or without a seatbelt.

Soon, there will be two gas milage rating - Normal and fat person.

My Ride
    E550 Coupe (M278)

Engineering Kid on WH forums e-mailed this to the journalist behind the article:

Good day.

I suspect my thoughts are inline with the vast majority of the public in regards to your recent story regarding the "FAT" woman and automotive issues.
    Your spurious attempt to pull on the heart strings of compassion is a despicable substitute for real journalism. As a reporter, I think you have fallen far short of journalistic integrity and professionalism.

I weep for the future of Global News and the Canadian media if this is the type of story you are encouraged by your editorial staff to report.
    The woman is clearly beyond healthy, and well outside the realm of the 95th percentile that automotive designers aim to accommodate. Her purchase of a sub-compact car is tantamount to a 7 foot tall man purchasing a sports car, and complaining about the head room.

No matter the cause of her obesity. people like this are not to be presented as hard done by and victims of their own situation. She knew she was fat, and yet chose to purchase a small car that is ill suited to her needs. I applaud the restraint and tact displayed by the dealership, although I suspect it is only driven out of fear of further slander from your 'news' agency.

The only satisfaction I'm able to extract from the editorial piece you've chosen to present is this: in 10 years time, when the woman is struggling to cope with severe diabetes, plaque stricken arteries and frequent heart palpitations that put her on a fast track to death or an expensive government paid surgery, the drivabiltiy and alignment of her car will be the least of her worries.

Please revert to actual news broadcasting. I understand the emotional appeal of defending the weak and standing up for the "little guy" (yes that's a pun)... but there is zero news value to stories like this, and doing so only dilutes your journalistic integrity.
    -James
    Current beast: E550 Coupe (M278)
    Previous beasts: AM Vantage, E90 335i (modded + JB4 Map2), E39 M5

My Ride
    Camaro 2SS

Originally posted by TorqueDog
    Engineering Kid on WH forums e-mailed this to the journalist behind the article:

Good day.

I suspect my thoughts are inline with the vast majority of the public in regards to your recent story regarding the "FAT" woman and automotive issues.
    Your spurious attempt to pull on the heart strings of compassion is a despicable substitute for real journalism. As a reporter, I think you have fallen far short of journalistic integrity and professionalism.

I weep for the future of Global News and the Canadian media if this is the type of story you are encouraged by your editorial staff to report.
    The woman is clearly beyond healthy, and well outside the realm of the 95th percentile that automotive designers aim to accommodate. Her purchase of a sub-compact car is tantamount to a 7 foot tall man purchasing a sports car, and complaining about the head room.

No matter the cause of her obesity. people like this are not to be presented as hard done by and victims of their own situation. She knew she was fat, and yet chose to purchase a small car that is ill suited to her needs. I applaud the restraint and tact displayed by the dealership, although I suspect it is only driven out of fear of further slander from your 'news' agency.

The only satisfaction I'm able to extract from the editorial piece you've chosen to present is this: in 10 years time, when the woman is struggling to cope with severe diabetes, plaque stricken arteries and frequent heart palpitations that put her on a fast track to death or an expensive government paid surgery, the drivabiltiy and alignment of her car will be the least of her worries.

Please revert to actual news broadcasting. I understand the emotional appeal of defending the weak and standing up for the "little guy" (yes that's a pun)... but there is zero news value to stories like this, and doing so only dilutes your journalistic integrity.

My Ride
    Jetta

Are you serious? I just watched the clip by OP. How ridiculous!

"Fix my car!" "Why isn't my car fixed, fix it!" "Why isn't my car fixed, fix it!!"
    "Uhh... you're overweight"
    "...You didn't have to tell me that!"

You're heavy and thus your car's alignment is off. You complained, you wanted a solution, there it is. You're overweight. You can't ask them to tell you the answer to your problem when you don't want to hear it.

edit: lmao, "I just got crushed by the whole experience." You must be joking at this point. How do you think your car felt >.>
    Last edited by Rocky; 02-05-2009 at 08:08 PM.

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

[email protected] , her name is Erin Harrison.

My Ride
    oooo

"Tiffany loves Kia Rio's"

hahahahaha..... been thinking of this everytime I see one driving around.... Did you know Tiffany loves your Kia Rio?
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

Something the manufacturers should consider?

Why doesn't she just throw a roll over the parking brake and balance that shit out.
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

Originally posted by scat19

There is a reason 400lb people dont ride motorcycles.
    Don't be so sure, I took this gem on Glenmore last summer, sorry for the piss poor camera phone image, I'm surprised I managed to get a somewhat in focus image since I was laughing so hard.

My Ride
    fast and red.

I'm betting that the car would pull even with a "normal" weight person in the driver's seat. As far as I'm concerned, alignments should be done with the weight distribution the car's normally going to carry. If she usually drives alone, she should have listened to the tech and sat in the car. Actually, she should have thanked him for solving the problem - isn't that why she went there in the first place?

I had a 1990 Porsche 964 and I sent it for an alignment, and when I came to pick it up, the tech apologized and said he couldn't get to it, he was short-handed and didn't have an extra body to sit in the car while he aligned it. The specs from Porsche actually required it. In a light car, it makes total sense. I sat in the car for the alignment, which was therefore perfect. I generally drove the car alone and without any luggage, so that's how we aligned it. When I'd pick up a friend and go for a drive, I would notice a slight pull to the right.

The stupid thing here is that the idiot "trouble-shooter" didn't actually do any investigation and discover that the tech was being totally reasonable when he suggested this solution, which I'm sure he would also have suggested to some big behemoth weightlifter (though most of them wouldn't be caught dead in a Kia.)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast