Beyond.ca

Registration is free! Car Forums - Member Rides Car Forums - Find other members Car Forums - Calendar Car Forums - Frequently Asked Questions Forum Rules and Regulations Car Forums - Search Logout
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Automotive News > FCVWA?

Author
Thread
Xtrema
Sixth Gear

What I drive: 2016 MB C450
Posts/Day: 1.54
Trader Rating: (4)
User Rating: 95%

FCVWA? quote:

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2017/0...-fiat-chrysler/

"I am not ruling out a conversation," Mueller told journalists, although he added that "I am pretty confident about the future of Volkswagen, with or without Marchionne," referring to Fiat-Chrysler boss Sergio Marchionne.

Report this post | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-14-2017 06:23 PM
Xtrema is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Xtrema Click here to Send Xtrema a Private Message Find more posts by Xtrema Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote

Redlyne_mr2
Chatroom Manwhore

What I drive: 400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans
Posts/Day: 2.04
Trader Rating: (26)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

I don't know why all these European Companies want to leach onto FC, the partnership seems to last a few years then they sell it off for a loss.

Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Old Post 03-14-2017 09:37 PM
Redlyne_mr2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redlyne_mr2 Click here to Send Redlyne_mr2 a Private Message Find more posts by Redlyne_mr2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
heavyD
Fifth Gear

What I drive: MK7 Golf R
Posts/Day: 1.38
Trader Rating: (12)
User Rating: 99%

quote:

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
I don't know why all these European Companies want to leach onto FC, the partnership seems to last a few years then they sell it off for a loss.

Maybe for Jeep and the US sales penetration. Jeep sold just shy of a million vehicles in the US last year which is way more than what VW sold in the US.

Old Post 03-15-2017 02:08 AM
heavyD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for heavyD Click here to Send heavyD a Private Message Find more posts by heavyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tehwegz
First Gear

What I drive: Fo'ST
Posts/Day: 0.15
Trader Rating: (0)
User Rating: 100%

quote:

Nobody wants anything to do with FCA other then RAM/Jeep and a few other SUV's from Dodge (Durango, Journey), it is a sinking ship.

Then again with relaxed emissions standards, cheap gas, etc. maybe their focus on big vehicles (SUV/truck) might just work out after all.

I just don't see how FCA will benefit VW. VW just needs to better understand the North American market and adjust themselves accordingly e.g. getting rid of their cars that don't sell well: Eos, Beetle, Phaeton, CC, etc. focus on CUV (the new Tiguan can't come out soon enough), give us a mid size pick up (the Amarok) which the segment seems to be doing pretty good here with the Tacoma, Colorado, Ridgeline, Canyon, etc. Golf Alltrack is a good move to compete with Subaru Outback/Crosstrek.

Touareg is way too expensive which is why it never did good. The new full size VW Atlas looks fancy but will be far more expensive than Touareg.

So they really could use Jeep/Ram.

Old Post 03-16-2017 02:38 AM
tehwegz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tehwegz Click here to Send tehwegz a Private Message Find more posts by tehwegz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The time now is 11:14 PM (GMT) Post New Thread   
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Beyond.ca - Car Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.9 Beyond.ca - Car Forums > Car Forums > Automotive News > FCVWA?

Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Rules: