Quantcast
Former MRU Student's Association President charged with bank robbery - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Former MRU Student's Association President charged with bank robbery

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by Type_S1

If you are going to lawschool I would highly suggest going to a crackerjack school like MRC because it is extremely easy to get a high GPA compared to normal schools like UBC, UofC,UofA etc etc. It would be the better choice and I have actually suggested it to people.
    ...I have absolutely no argument against that at all

It's sad to hear that about the graduates being administrative assistants and mailroom people though.. that sucks.

Originally posted by teamPRO

howbout suck my black kettle...

Originally posted by leftwing

Yeah, I can vouch for a couple people I know working for Talisman Energy
    Yeah - Talisman is all about hookups and employs a ton of under-qualified derp mcderps though.

My Ride
    Lariat

Originally posted by HyperZell
    Courtesy of an unnamed contributor, who can name himself if he wants:

i would ham my planet into the first 3, the 4th
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Originally posted by msommers

Who are you talking about when you say "you guys?"

People with attitude of Type_s1.

I don't think anyone was disputing that fact. Can you please point out where someone has? Additionally, it makes a huge fucking difference if it means getting your foot in the door or the door slammed in your face.

Saying that people from MRU are not capable of getting on a good career path is basically saying exactly that. Judging by the fact that the majority of the jobs posted in the co-ops at Mt Royal are O&G, I don't think our degree is getting any doors slammed in our faces.

And uneducated rig workers can drop out of high school and make over six figures if they worked hard, ending up making over 1000+/day at their peak. What does salary have to do with doing what you want as a career?

I agree but the argument that everyone that went to MRU has no chance at a good career path is ridiculous. MRU and UofC grads are filling the exact same positions.

But just out of curiousity and because you want to make this strictly a dick measuring conteset via salary, how much are you making or expecting to make come graduation? Moreover, can you provide the PDF showing the average salaries for Mount Royal business undergraduates? I mean if we're going to compare, lets look at the data.
    Based on what people from my program are making now I expect to make 50-55K a year to start, especially considering that I already have 2 years of experience in a related position. I think thats a fair expectation. Not overly optimistic or pessimistic.

I don't think Mt Royal posts a salary survey. At least I couldn't find one (Didn't really look hard though, in a rush)

I wasn't trying to make this a dick measuring contest based on salary because like you said, Money and Education are not directly related but I did post the salary thing to show that some UofC grads (especially Business students) need a wake up call.
    Last edited by dj_patm; 03-03-2012 at 06:53 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

I wanna ram my Ham Planet into #1 oooohhh baby
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    Acura MDX

My Ride
    Civic

Originally posted by dj_patm

Someone is talking out of their ass?
    Every single grad that I personally know from my program at MRU is working in O&G. Every single one.

Most of them started at O&G while a few worked at other places right after graduation and then after a couple years of experience they moved into O&G.

Mount Royal grads (I can only speak for business) have no problem finding jobs that start at the exact same wages as UofC.
    Sure..lets talk about business side then, name one CEO,CFO or controller in top 10 or even 50 biggest O&G companies in Calgary who graduated from MRU? Most of these guys are from UofC or UofA or other reputable universities and they will most likely promote the guys within their circles. It will be years until MRC grads can crack the glass ceiling...sad but true.

My Ride
    sr86

All schools in Alberta suck, if you think otherwise you're dumb enough to go to a school in Alberta, case in point. U of C is huge in comparison to MRU, perhaps the years of University status funding resulted in different qualities in different areas? Obviously it'll need time to change standards and what not. The stochastic elements of what you want out of a education are biased to your values and heuristics. Stop trolling you're own inadequacies and start making hamplanet memes! Otherwise gtfo, if you need to fill that rift in you're values of educational differences Facebook UofC memes for lulz @ MRU #dumb or MRU memes for people thinking MRU is on the same page as U of C at this day and age. The only important factor is recognize the importance of going to a school with "plenty of talent."

If you're smart you'll be successful, a school helps shape you it doesn't give a be all end all certificate.

The hamplanet was really infringing on the standard of talent MRU is expected to have, good riddance.

A bird told me she stole something like 7k in cash, her teeth and body had been painted black and she used a butterfly knife. I bank there. Now please make memes, they're a much better waste of time then dick swinging over two shitty schools.
    Last edited by lastlatvian; 03-04-2012 at 02:20 AM.

My Ride
    sr86

Last edited by lastlatvian; 03-04-2012 at 02:49 AM.

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Originally posted by riceboi

Sure..lets talk about business side then, name one CEO,CFO or controller in top 10 or even 50 biggest O&G companies in Calgary who graduated from MRU? Most of these guys are from UofC or UofA or other reputable universities and they will most likely promote the guys within their circles. It will be years until MRC grads can crack the glass ceiling...sad but true.
    No shit. MRU doesn't even currently offer postgrad education. Now take into consideration what MRU was when most CEO's were going to school and theres your reason.

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by riceboi
    It will be years until MRC grads can crack the glass ceiling...sad but true.
    That part's true. It's a similar phenomena as what women still deal with today. I feel feminized. I wouldn't say that I'm looking to get a job at an energy company and start climbing that ladder at my age though.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by CUG

It's funny that Toma and TypeS_1 are bringing up the grad/JD/Med programs they'd never get into

What are you taking again?? "How to stop leaching off your parents"?

Tell ya what sport, concentrate on finishing your certificate at your community college, and then we can talk

My Ride
    TDi

What's with all the ass-hat comments? Lol I'm in accounting and a lot of my dumb ass mrC accounting friends seem to getting just as many jobs with the Big4 accounting firms...

UofC sucks..they are nothing compared to Harvard...

On topic: gross, that was our former pres?
    GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by Toma

Tell ya what sport, concentrate on finishing your certificate at your community college, and then we can talk
    The slumlord hath spoken, everyone.

Edit: Ps, they cut me off a long time ago.
    Last edited by CUG; 03-04-2012 at 07:48 PM.

Originally posted by Toma

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

To be clear, neither of you ever got past your undergrads, right? Just wondering

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Originally posted by CUG
    To be clear, neither of you ever got past your undergrads, right? Just wondering
    Uh, doesn't Toma have a double degree and a masters or something?

Originally posted by CUG
    Just to be clear....you make under 6 figures right?

My Ride
    Sausage Wagon

Originally posted by HyperZell

Uh, doesn't Toma have a double degree and a masters or something?
    Uh.. He said on here that he has a BSci in microbiology. Uh..

Originally posted by Type_S1

Just to be clear....you make under 6 figures right?
    Well, you know, being a full time student and all.

Just to be clear, you have all the class of someone who brags about six figures right? You a seismic worker? lease hand? Fort Mac truck driver?

My Ride
    '19 GTI

This is fucking retarded.

I go to MRU. Yes... Not MRC anymore, and have just as many privileges as alumni from UofC, UofL, UofA etc...

Employers don't give a fuck what school you get your parchment from. Its all about experience and personality. Especially whether you get a degree from UofC or MRU. Both are credible schools and you'd be a moron to think otherwise.
    Only way i can see someone caring what university you went to is if you went to Harvard or some other elitist university (something UofC, UofA, or MRU can't vouch for being).

Its going to be an ongoing debate for as long as both of these universities in Calgary exist, thats known. Just like Triathletes and bike racers, chevy and ford enthusiasts, etc...

... and i have a couple friends holding positions as the CEO in Calgary & Area businesses/agencies.... Without any degree.

... wait a second, that's not possible!!!!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast