Quantcast
Former MRU Student's Association President charged with bank robbery - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Former MRU Student's Association President charged with bank robbery

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 05:51 AM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by Type_S1

aha I don't spell check my posts...it is not like I am writing a letter to partners at work...tell you what...next time I post a wall of text I will for sure grammar and spell check for you
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Kia Sportage

MRU = High School all over again.
    U o C = Real deal.

My Ride
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Baysed on the anual study by the Gloabe N' Male, MRU outraynks UofSee in all most everie catagorie studeed. Well the importint 1's anywai.

Excuse my spelling, that's a 4th year course at MRU, I haven't got there yet.

I know all of the U of C fanatics will somehow find a way to discredit all the information in the study, but I thought it was worth posting.

http://v1.theglobeandmail.com/partne...ezine2011.html

All of the rankings are at the back of the article. To find what I am referring to it may be easiest to go to the 'last' page then go back from there. Starts on page 47.

My Ride
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Originally posted by Toma

Really?? MRC got more applications for a Bio Science degree? More for Med? More for Law?

Riiiight.
    MRU doesn't have a Law faculty, bro.

My Ride
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Originally posted by Type_S1

aha I don't spell check my posts...it is not like I am writing a letter to partners at work...tell you what...next time I post a wall of text I will for sure grammar and spell check for you
    You shouldn't have to spell check, it isn't a typo, your writing the wrong word, and you have done it more then once haha.

She just doubled the Remands food bill

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by leftwing

You shouldn't have to spell check, it isn't a typo, your writing the wrong word, and you have done it more then once haha.
    saved before edit.

My Ride
    Eclipse

Baysed on the anual study by the Gloabe N' Male, MRU outraynks UofSee in all most everie catagorie studeed. Well the importint 1's anywai.

I know all of the U of C fanatics will somehow find a way to discredit all the information in the study, but I thought it was worth posting.

All of the rankings are at the back of the article. To find what I am referring to it may be easiest to go to the 'last' page then go back from there. Starts on page 47.
    This is what I was looking for before

Thanks!

I have taken screenshots for everyone that is 2 lazy to open it up!

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version

click for larger version
    click for larger version
    click for larger version
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    89 240SX

Looks like Mt Royal beats U of C in almost every category worth noticing.

My Ride
    GTI

There are reasons why the small schools and big ones are separated.
    I've gone to both schools, and been inside dorms at MRU very recently and they aren't that great. I enjoyed my time at mount royal, but other than the gym there isn't anything I actually prefer about mount royal over the uofc.

A lot of those categories are subjective and don't really show the quality of education. Food services suck at both unis, but when I'm looking for work I dont think where I ate is going to matter.

As for technology, what does that even mean? I'm pretty sure the uofc has toys that mru could only dream of having, maybe they're comparing how new the microwaves in respective food courts are

As for class choice, mru probably has half as many faculties as the uofc. It's crazy to compare the two.
    Last edited by Hakkola; 03-02-2012 at 09:52 PM.

My Ride
    89 240SX

Originally posted by Hakkola
    There are reasons why the small schools and big ones are separated.
    I've gone to both schools, and been inside dorms at MRU very recently and they aren't that great. I enjoyed my time at mount royal, but other than the gym there isn't anything I actually prefer about mount royal over the uofc.

A lot of those categories are subjective and don't really show the quality of education. Food services suck at both unis, but when I'm looking for work I dont think where I ate is going to matter.

As for technology, what does that even mean? I'm pretty sure the uofc has toys that mru could only dream of having, maybe they're comparing how new the microwaves in respective food courts are
    Yes, I agree with you that many of those categories are irrelevant. Lets just focus on the first screenshot posted by Kobe which has the three categories, Quality of Education, Student-Faculty Interaction, and Quality of Teaching. A, A+, A respectively for Mt Royal. B-'s and C+ for UofC.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

As much as you guys want to point to the study as say "See, see I told you!", they aren't even in the same category. Small vs. Large. Look at the competition in small: Lakehead...UofL... ask a recruiter how they feel about those schools At least compare apples to apples.

Not that it matters in this thread but lets get one thing straight, no the UofC is not the best school in Canada. However, it's great for those looking to get into the O&G business because of strong industry ties. Could I have gotten the petroleum-based geology courses at Western Ontario? Nope. Some of the top researchers in my field are at UofC, so it only makes sense to go there.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    981 GT4/F82 M4

Damn son, by the looks of that survey I should've gone to Grant Macewan instead of Queens!

My Ride
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Originally posted by msommers
    As much as you guys want to point to the study as say "See, see I told you!", they aren't even in the same category. Small vs. Large. Look at the competition in small: Lakehead...UofL... ask a recruiter how they feel about those schools At least compare apples to apples.

Not that it matters in this thread but lets get one thing straight, no the UofC is not the best school in Canada. However, it's great for those looking to get into the O&G business because of strong industry ties. Could I have gotten the petroleum-based geology courses at Western Ontario? Nope. Some of the top researchers in my field are at UofC, so it only makes sense to go there.
    The schools aren't "competing" in each category, they are rated then placed based upon their ratings. It's not like if one school got an A+, no one else in each section can. So referring to your comment about "look at the competition", there is no competition. All schools could get A+'s in all categories if they were that good. The "competition" is based on size.

And yeah, the U of C has good ties to the O&G industry, but that is just one industry out of dozens, you cant judge a whole school based on one industry it has ties to. Especially when the "quality of education" at U of C was rated lowest in Canada for the large schools, and its independent rating was one of the lowest of all schools mentioned.

I would bet as MRU continues to grow, its ties to various industries will get stronger. As a finance student I know we have great ties to the top 6 banks, and almost all our students will have industry jobs when they graduate, lots already do.

My Ride
    2003 Mustang Cobra

Originally posted by BananaFob
    Damn son, by the looks of that survey I should've gone to Grant Macewan instead of Queens!
    Arrogance, sweet.

My Ride
    Civic

Guys for the sake of practicality, if you gonna be working here in Calgary or Alberta go to either UofA or UofC..All other post-institutions (like MRU, SAIT, NAIT) are considered to be second-class here. Personally I took courses at all three institutions and I have to say that the level of education/difficulty at SAIT and MRC are not up to par compared to UofC. You can get an A easily @ both MRC and SAIT without too much effort...remember in the old days..if you get a 98% in Math 33 that doesn't mean you're better than a 70% guy who does Math 30. There's a reason why you didn't get into Math 30 in the first place. Enough said.

Now tough part is when you look for a job out there, most of the guys in the hiring postition and upper executives are from UofC or UofA. They won't hire grads out side of UofA or UofC unless they have no choice. It will take MRU a long time to get the prestige as UofC. Look at UofL, it's been there from a long time but their reputation is no where near UofC and UofC so do your self a favor, if you gonna waste 4 yrs of education do it right or face reality shock later on...say what you want..UofC is no Harvard and MRU is not in the same league as UofC..my 2cents..now back to the original topic...
    Last edited by riceboi; 03-02-2012 at 11:54 PM.

My Ride
    You Crazy

MRU doesn't have a Law faculty, bro.
    cause its not a university. Its a community college. Bro

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by msommers
    , no the UofC is not the best school in Canada.
    irrelevant.

but depends what year. The u of c has made number one, law was one, a few years ago.

ratings are irrelevant though when you are trying to compare a full fledged, fully equipped university with a community college.

My Ride
    Squdixxer 600

Originally posted by Toma

irrelevant.

but depends what year. The u of c has made number one, law was one, a few years ago.

ratings are irrelevant though when you are trying to compare a full fledged, fully equipped university with a community college.
    I'm pretty happy with MRU right now. Doing BCIS, was thinking of doing the computer Sci transfer to U of C.

The work term for the BCIS program is pretty sweet to. Probably just stay at MRU.

All my computer sci teachers teach the same class at U of C as well.
    Last edited by Zigo; 03-03-2012 at 12:41 AM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast