Quantcast
Former MRU Student's Association President charged with bank robbery - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Former MRU Student's Association President charged with bank robbery

Originally posted by Toma
    I still get stuck at the "MRU" part. The rest is a haze.

Next thing you know, DEvry and Sait will be handing out PHD's.
    It's not MRU...it's MRC...if people use the fake "MRU" abbreviation ignore there post out of ignorance

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

This has led me to two conclusions:

1) MRC grads cannot get a job and have to resort to bank robbery

2) MRC grads are too stupid to pull off a successful bank robbery

Either way, it's funny.

And Ham Planet...
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Eclipse

You guys realize that it was tougher to get into MRU this year then UofC for the same programs, as we had more applicants with higher grades...

I love how all the UofC students are bashing MRU then go and post "Oh man I HATE UofC, I'm just a damn number and no profs even know my name, my experience sucked.. blah blah"
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    89 240SX

^ Yeah, the UofC monkeys love to come out and bash other schools whenever possible. Most likely these are your typical Haskayne students who think they are better than anyone else. The fact is, professors at both schools have the same qualifications for the most part.

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

^ This took longer than I thought to get started.

Maybe because of all the ham planet talk.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Stop with the antics. Beyonder.

Yup, I was waiting for the Fighty McFightersons to come out all fisticuffs with the school bashing.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by Kobe
    You guys realize that it was tougher to get into MRU this year then UofC for the same programs, as we had more applicants with higher grades...

I love how all the UofC students are bashing MRU then go and post "Oh man I HATE UofC, I'm just a damn number and no profs even know my name, my experience sucked.. blah blah"
    Really?? MRC got more applications for a Bio Science degree? More for Med? More for Law?

Riiiight.
    Last edited by Toma; 03-02-2012 at 05:19 PM.

Source?

Okay okay...I am getting sick of MRC kids not actually knowing there own school...but what do you expect from students there.

Lets take a few example...

MRC: Business ADMINISTRATION
    General Requirements; "Unless a specific (higher) admission average has been indicated for the program of your choice, high school applicants are normally required to have an overall admission average of 60% on five appropriate grade 12 subjects and remain in good academic standing (2.00 GPA in your current semester) if they are currently enrolled in any post-secondary coursework. Most programs have minimum grade requirements in specific courses; please see admission requirements in your intended program of study."

Specific Requirements; 60% in English 30-1 and Math 30 pure or applied.

Personally this really seems tough to me...it's really hard to barely pass highschool...

Average highschool grade: 75% EARLY admission average(why don't you post the total?)

UofC BCOMM:

You need generally the same courses with the exception of needing pure math 30 and an extra "core" course and not option for your average

Average highschool grade: 77% (total admission average)

Now start comparing if you really want to...

http://www.ucalgary.ca/admissions/co..._admission_avg

http://www.mtroyal.ca/Admission/Guid...n_averages.htm

THE BIGGEST THING TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT HERE IS...MRC uses there "early admission average" on this survey while UofC uses there total admissions...this is going to skew MRC's data quite a bit lol. Now tell me how MRC is harder to get into then UofC when the total admission average for UofC is higher then MRC's early admission average (aka the top students)...

The other thing I would like to note is that UofC for business (not sure about other faculties) posts average exit salaries yearly...they aren't hiding anything...this list is what helped me pick my program. I don't see the same thing for MRCv
    just saying.

Now....go rob some banks all you 60% Applied math 30'ers

My Ride
    You Crazy

Soory, MRC has always been, and always will be a school for "half assers", and hot chicks tryin to fill the empty voids in their lives (and heads) to please their parents so they don't get cut off.

Ok, ok.... Just havin some fun with all you Sait PHD students

My Ride
    89 240SX

Regardless of Kobe's claims and your afternoon spent writing an essay trying to debunk them, UofC students have the biggest insecurities whenever a debate between the two schools is started.

Case in point, this thread wasn't even about education until some UofC students decided to take shots. Some of them were playful in nature, but to discredit an entire school because it was once a college is ridiculous.

Funny how no one here will recognize the school as a university, except for, oh you know, the province. Surely you know better than the people who actually decide such things.

My Ride
    981 GT4/F82 M4

Originally posted by coupesx
    Regardless of Kobe's claims and your afternoon spent writing an essay trying to debunk them, UofC students have the biggest insecurities whenever a debate between the two schools is started.

Case in point, this thread wasn't even about education until some UofC students decided to take shots. Some of them were playful in nature, but to discredit an entire school because it was once a college is ridiculous.

Funny how no one here will recognize the school as a university, except for, oh you know, the province. Surely you know better than the people who actually decide such things.
    As the old adage goes... Perception Is Reality.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Who has the "insecurities"??

The guys that like a little friendly rivalry, or the Newbies that go off the deep end all defensive like lol

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Type_S1....for the love of God learn this if you're going to make big claims!!

Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Fine, it's a university, just a really crappy one. Happy?

My Ride
    89 240SX

Originally posted by Toma

Who has the "insecurities"??

The guys that like a little friendly rivalry, or the Newbies that go off the deep end all defensive like lol
    Lol, all of your posts are just school bashing, friendly rivalry? Sounds like you got a worthless degree from UofC, couldn't make a job out of it, and ended up tuning cars for a living. Now you spend your days in threads like these, trying to regain a sense of self worth by letting us all know how superior your school is. Aren't you like 40?

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by HyperZell

Fine, it's a university, just a really crappy one. Happy?
    It's like calling it a millionaire's club, but allowing McDonald's employees in.

ok ok, my last post lol

Wait, what was the original post about? Hams?

My Ride
    You Crazy

Lol, all of your posts are just school bashing, friendly rivalry? Sounds like you got a worthless degree from UofC, couldn't make a job out of it, and ended up tuning cars for a living. Now you spend your days in threads like these, trying to regain a sense of self worth by letting us all know how superior your school is. Aren't you like 40?
    It may sound like that, your MRC powered skills of deductive reasoning are impressive.

It's TWO degrees from a UNIVERSITY you obviously could not get into, and my primary job is in Mental Health, I tune cars as a "hobby" evenings and weekends

xoxoxo

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Sooooooooo embarrassed I know her.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Originally posted by msommers
    Type_S1....for the love of God learn this if you're going to make big claims!!

aha I don't spell check my posts...it is not like I am writing a letter to partners at work...tell you what...next time I post a wall of text I will for sure grammar and spell check for you

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast