Quantcast
Freshii - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Freshii

My Ride
    Lease

Default Freshii

Any ballers go to this place on the regular? I'm aware I'm on the entry level of the Beyond old man crew, but geez, these "healthy" fast food places popping up seems (to me) like they're charging any arm and leg.

Two salad bowls (and they both look the same to me, even though there're like 5-9 selections and you can "customize"), two drinks, $46. Did eating clean extended my life? Perhaps. At this rate, I'd get to live long enough being a broke ass 90yo Beyonder, in no time minimal wage at $50/hour with tipping at 200%.

I do applaud them not putting in "tip option" on their machine.

Great service, friendly staff. This was at Glenmore Landing Freshii.

My Ride
    Accord 6-6, Tacoma

Most meals there are tasty, but yes, pricey!! Not all locations are equal in my experience though. A newer location by Deerfoot mall seems to be the worst operated. Every time I stop in, the same salad arrives different. They ran out of bacon one day, and chicken another....really, chicken? Considering their business, you'd think they would be better organized.
    Honda/Acura guy

My Ride
    Bicycle

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/freshii-ipo-1.3959710

They are growing like crazy. I think they probably grew way to fast and have supply chain issues.

I think their stuff being a bit bland (17th Ave location across Best Buy) and the trend is taking off. There is now a Fork & Salad right across from Freshii to cash in on the health craze, not much better and more expensive. Both are busy as hell.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 02-13-2017 at 07:00 PM.

My Ride
    X5

I guess the trend is to eat healthier/fresher or whatever, but most places seem to just charge arm and a leg for average food. Freshii isn't any different IMO. Not bad but definitely average, but not worth $10 + for a simple salad

People are muppets. It's so easy to do better at home.

Freshii is absolute garbage. Tried it twice. Bland, boring and expensive. I can't believe there's more than one. I hope they all close so something better can use the space.

That's how I feel haha

My Ride
    Exploded.

$46 for that? Jeezus

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Originally posted by Dumbass17
    Freshii is absolute garbage. Tried it twice. Bland, boring and expensive. I can't believe there's more than one. I hope they all close so something better can use the space.

That's how I feel haha
    Tell me how you really feel ? Lol glad I read this before my gf dragged me to this place. $46 holy shitballs that's crazy

A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    1994 Mustang, 2007 F150, 1991 Volvo 240 Wagon

I enjoy these TomcoPDR food reviews.

1994 Mustang - SBF swap in progress

I'd suck Tomco's moobs for a Souplantation in Calgary.

My Ride
    2009 Acura TSX tech

Originally posted by NoPulp
    I enjoy these TomcoPDR food reviews.
    Usually Tomco reviews are amazing. 5/5.

This one is 5/5 for content, but lack of wifey cleavage -1. Therefore 4/5.

My Ride
    V8s

The reason it seems so expensive is because they got drinks. My wife and I used to go there when we lived closer to one when we didn't have time to cook and wanted to grab something quick but didn't want fast food. Routinely got a soup and noodle bowl, both with chicken, and IIRC it was always under $30. (never once ordered drinks)

When compared to other fast food, I found it to be worth the extra money.

Obviously it's easy to do better at home, but that involves time for cooking, doing dishes, and going to the store for anything you don't have on hand.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Boobs are alot smaller than the other girl. Bring back the friend and less wifey!
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Lease

Yeah, it's insane for salad and health drink.

Anyway, moot point eating healthy for lunch, when dinner was at Denny's. Those were just the appetizers, had an entire beef skewer skillet. They got a new menu about 8-15 months ago I believe. The Denny's on Macleod is so ghetto, but feels just right. Central for everybody around the city, fair game for meetup.

People eat dinner at Denny's? I thought it was strictly for drunk assholes at 3am?

I go there at least a couple times a week, I'm really happy with it (that location too - good staff). ~$10/meal is pretty standard and reasonable IMHO. That's all the bowls are with your choice of protein. I've had almost everything on the menu and I think they all taste significantly different, I have been enjoying the variety. It's a lot of food too, I can't always finish it. The burritos are the same, they are heavy and it's a lot of food.

I don't know how you got to $46 though with 2 bowls and 2 drinks, I have never had anything that expensive there. It's $24 every time I go there and pick up food for two with some "energy bites" on the side. If you add two smoothies I think they are around $7/each which is normal compared to Jugo or similar and it would still be well shy of $46. Maybe they have some expensive stuff on the menu I've never seen before. When you say drink though, at first I assumed water or pop - a blended health smoothie is different.

I go there for lunch downtown sometimes too and it's $10, same as everywhere else pretty much.

They are insanely popular downtown, the wait is ridiculous. Lots of reasonably healthy food for ~$10 is pretty good for people tired of Marcellos and Sunterra.

My Ride
    12 audi a5

Not all things are actually healthier at Freshii.

If you look at the calories and sodium content for some of these bowls with dressing it's quite interesting.

IE. If you look at things like the Pangoa bowl, 770 calories with 1777mg of sodium. In comparison, a big mac is 530 calories with 1020mg of sodium.

https://www.freshii.com/static/menu_pdfs/13.pdf

http://calorielab.com/restaurants/mc...ich/3008/38436

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by locust
    IE. If you look at things like the Pangoa bowl, 770 calories with 1777mg of sodium. In comparison, a big mac is 530 calories with 1020mg of sodium.
    Who eats a big mac w/o fries and drink?

I do like Freshii stuff (never been to your location) but I agree it seems expensive for what you get.

My Ride
    Grimace

Yeah, I like Freshii but some of the stuff that seems like it should be healthy is really high in calories like the pangoa bowl. If I want to eat real healthy, I just go to fresh choices though

My Ride
    12 audi a5

Originally posted by jwslam

Who eats a big mac w/o fries and drink?

I do like Freshii stuff (never been to your location) but I agree it seems expensive for what you get.
    I agree no one eats just a big mac on its own.
    A big mac meal with medium fries and a medium root beer is about 1020 calories and 1340mg of sodium. Some things on that Freshii list isn't always better.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast