Quantcast
Furniture Store (how bad is the Brick, if at all) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Furniture Store (how bad is the Brick, if at all)

Default Furniture Store (how bad is the Brick, if at all)

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 07:55 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    Lease

I'd say 3-5 years durability type of stuff. (Brick leather couch here)

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Sales staff can be pushy and sleezy but the stuff is get what you pay for in general. Never buy their "good" leather. Plasticized stuff is much more durable.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    MDX

Showhome furniture in Deerfoot mall for unique hard wood reclaimed furniture. They have some decent couches etc too.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I have some decent stuff from Leon's as well as nordesign and revolve for more modern pieces. They are great places for modern as well as that one place in cross iron.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    2009 F150 Lariat supercrew

ill never buy from there again.... worst experience EVER! should have walked away right at the start
    2009 Ford f150 Lariat crewcab-mine
    2003 chevy venture-wifes
    1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee-31's,2inch lift,cb 362,000kms and running great!

1996 Pontiac Grand Am GT- 18's, Body Kit, system SOLD
    2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac-Family Hauler SOLD
    1996 Volvo 850 turbo-SOLD

Domicile for sure

My Ride
    2018 Audi RS3

Home Evolution, Sojourn, Ethan Allen

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by killramos
    Sales staff can be pushy and sleezy but the stuff is get what you pay for in general.
    Pushy and sleezy doesn't even describe those guys, worse than used car salesmen.

You also pay way too much there. Years back when my wife and I first moved in together, we bought a glass coffee table/end table set at United Furniture for $250, coincidentally a friend of mine bought the same set at almost the same time for almost double that at the Brick. (United is owned by the Brick, and yes the tables were identical)

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by Cos

Interesting, I would have put Leon's in the same bucket as The Brick.
    Some of their stuff definitely is. But my huge sectional for the TV room came form there with a console 2 power recliners and the leather has held up great over the last year. Looks the same as when i bought it.

Like i said though it wasn't 500 bucks... Get what you pay for.

Originally posted by TomcoPDR
    I'd say 3-5 years durability type of stuff. (Brick leather couch here)
    you have useable antique furniture from 300 years ago and shit now a days only lasts 3-5 years? Jesus

Have a brick set of leather couches for 5 years. Still in excellent shape. They have some nice furniture there depending on what your budget is.

I've seen sleezy salesmen at almost all furniture stores I've visited, they are just trying to make some commission. Don't feel pressured to buy. Buy what you want, and don't feel you need to buy any bs warranty, you are in control.

Some other stores to check out, Ashley Furniture, Leons, Lazy Boy Furniture Gallery. Just shop around until you find something you like and take the best deal. Also Black Friday is approaching for November so you may find some great deals next month.
    PSN: DeceitfulWings
    XBL: DeceitfulWings

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Originally posted by Despair*
    Have a brick set of leather couches for 5 years. Still in excellent shape. They have some nice furniture there depending on what your budget is.

I've seen sleezy salesmen at almost all furniture stores I've visited, they are just trying to make some commission. Don't feel pressured to buy. Buy what you want, and don't feel you need to buy any bs warranty, you are in control.

Some other stores to check out, Ashley Furniture, Leons, Lazy Boy Furniture Gallery. Just shop around until you find something you like and take the best deal. Also Black Friday is approaching for November so you may find some great deals next month.
    Watch out with Lay Z Boy, they can get damn expensive real quick for what you thought was a simple damn chair...

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Originally posted by Despair*

Some other stores to check out, Ashley Furniture, Leons, Lazy Boy Furniture Gallery. .
    Ashley Furniture are a bunch of tossers. Brutal customer service. Once they have your money, you get the run around.

I put up a bad review 8 years ago on RedFlagDeals and , for a few years, it was the first search result on google. The store manager first threatened legal action, then they offered me a store credit if I would remove my review.

I declined. They are wankers.

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Because of the stereotypical average furniture salesperson and the advent of online shopping our furniture hunts usually go like this:

My wife knows I absolutely hate dealing with them so she usually says 'Just looking' everytime, I usually don't say a word to them.

We go around trying what we like, leave/come back over the course of a few weeks, take pics as well as a pic of each model number on the tag. Then we go online and order the item from the website, for the Brick as well as Leon's (although we don't goto either anymore). It worked well for us, minimal contact with the salespeople, we get what we want minus the hassle and I guess, the salesperson doesn't get commission either, what is the point of the salesperson anyways if I can just sit on the couch in store then order it online, maybe some old fashioned people like that interaction idk, maybe it's just me cause i'm a 'research then go in and buy' kind of person.

I wish it was like eating at a restaurant in Chinatown, only come over to me when I ask you to :/

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    Pushy and sleezy doesn't even describe those guys, worse than used car salesmen.
    I think that's just a given for furniture salespeople, they all mill about in the front sitting on couches, then as soon as you walk in it's the speedwalk over to you, they're almost always 45 ys/o + for whatever reason too lol, the men overwhelmingly smell like Stetson Man and the women smell like potpurri.

The worst one was at the Crossroads Furniture Mart you can see from 16th, there's a partition in the building with openings every couple meters, the guy was literally doing this to catch up to us, then proceeds to show us 4 examples of furniture way out of our budget/style range saying 'you'll really like this one, it suits you'... How the fk do you know what my house looks like and where I'm going to put it???

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

^ that's the way to do it. I buy my furniture either off the web or I go to contract furniture (office) companies.

You can get great quality stuff from them for a much better price than retail.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

I don't mind some of the Brick's stuff, but I won't go in their furniture stores anymore due to the salespeople. Annoying and shady doesn't even begin to describe them. It's the only thing lower than the stereotypical used car salesman IMO. It's just weird, they are almost always 40-50+ years old wearing poorly fitting suits or dress clothes, colorful ties, and just look greasy haha. They also have no actual product knowledge and will say anything to sell you something. I don't know why so many of them fit the stereotype, but they do at every location I've been in. I can't stand that place.

I would like to add that this is not the experience I had at the Brick Mattress store (completely separate store). KVG and his coworkers were great.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

The couches in out bonus room, the burgundy ones were Leons. The ones on the main floor are Ikea. The wood table/chairs etc was Unfinished Furniture that I finished. So far I'm happy with it all, though I am going to have to do a repair on the couch upstairs to tighten it up undeneath a bit. But I did spend two 3 month stretches on it while recovering from hip replacement hehe.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast