Game of Thrones (TV miniseries) - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 71 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV miniseries)

My Ride
    '03 ep3

Storm of Swords is longer.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Yeah if you liked the first two books, A Storm of Swords will really stir up some emotions. I haven't even watched yesterday's episode yet and I'm already looking forward to next season.

Looks like the 2nd episode leaked. Quality is decent but I'm going to wait until Sunday.

Actually looks good enough to watch.

Last edited by beecue; 04-02-2012 at 08:48 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

link?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

This torrent speed is killing me. 3.0-100kb/s...
    Last edited by msommers; 04-02-2012 at 09:20 PM.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Fire Truck

If you want it in HD icefilms has it now. http://www.icefilms.info/ip.php?v=152274&

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by msommers
    The episode was alright, out of order from the book. Stannis doesn't look like I imagined him to look but that's a personal thing. A crazy amount of shit happens in book 2, just be patient
    I just finished it too and I agree, Stannis doesn't look anything like I imagined him to be. Given he's such a stubborn ass in the books, I kind of pictured him to be a younger, thinner, less hairier version of Robert.

Originally posted by benyl
    I never read the books, but this episode had me going WTF for the first half.

I got back into it the second half.

To be honest, it was kinda boring. It felt like nothing happened except for everyone finding out that Joffre is the result of incest.
    Well, given how big the story is gonna get, that's kind of expected. He keeps adding and adding and adding more characters, so they've gotta get their individual plots going.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Well, given how big the story is gonna get, that's kind of expected. He keeps adding and adding and adding more characters, so they've gotta get their individual plots going.
    I dunno. I read an article yesterday on how the TV series will NOT be sticking to the book. That really disappointed me, and I can see them dropping lots of characters and stories.

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

She is such an excellent cast for the role. She's gorgeous and gives that sense of invincibility and complete bitch all the while being the nicest person ever. What a nightmare of a girlfriend she'd be
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    I dunno. I read an article yesterday on how the TV series will NOT be sticking to the book. That really disappointed me, and I can see them dropping lots of characters and stories.
    I don't think that's a bad thing at all. There's way too many characters in the book and it just won't flow as well on television. Hell, none of the storylines really got more than one scene in the first episode and there's still more to add.

What a nightmare of a girlfriend she'd be
    ... or sister.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

She is such an excellent cast for the role. She's gorgeous and gives that sense of invincibility and complete bitch all the while being the nicest person ever. What a nightmare of a girlfriend she'd be
    Yeah I have really taken a liking to her (not the character but actress). Really most of the acting is top rate which makes the show so enjoyable. I found the first episode was trying a little too hard to cover too many story lines but some seeds were planted and I anticipate another great season.

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

if you there is too many storylines now, just wait. shit gets totally out of hand later in the books imo.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

So that torrent is still taking forever and those links seem to want to crash my Firefox after awhile. uTorrent is saying 3(999) under seeds and yet it's still only downloading at 0.1kb/s. What gives? I've tried others and nothing wants to download even when there are thousands of seeds...looks like 0(289492)
    Last edited by msommers; 04-03-2012 at 10:37 PM.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    G6

I just watched episode 1 season 1 of this yesterday. What a stanker! I was excited to see some fighting, but instead all I saw was some dude plowing his sister. Show seems like I'd have to sit through a lot of bullshit to get to something good.

Originally posted by Feruk
    I just watched episode 1 season 1 of this yesterday. What a stanker! I was excited to see some fighting, but instead all I saw was some dude plowing his sister. Show seems like I'd have to sit through a lot of bullshit to get to something good.
    yeah - i would stick to watching the kardashians instead :P

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Episode 1 = good

Episode 2 = very good. The faceoff between Tyrion and Cersei is epic... Peter Dinklage absolutely NAILS the facial expressions.
    Geek

I agree Vagabond, the pace quickened a little, and I found episode 2 had me on the edge of my seat, and popping off it a few times as well.

I'm surprised nobody has said much on any forums I read regarding the HBO show, not just the books, about the scene with Tyrion and Varys at the door leaving the Hand of the King's tower apartment. The way Conleth Hill changed his voice and way of speaking, only for a a few seconds, was very well chilling and a well done bit of acting. It was the first time Varys stepped out of "character" during the show, and gave a hint at how powerful a player he actually was, in only a few sentences. The nuance between these two great actors, only for a brief moment, is what makes this program so great. It doesn't have a lot of huge battle scenes, a lot of that sort of action is left to the viewers imagination, but the writing and acting, the directing, everything about it just screams "we're out of superlatives" compared to everything else on TV right now.

I can't WAIT for episode 9, where they apparently placed the Battle of the Blackwater/King's Landing.

edit:
    Peter Dinklage absolutely NAILS the facial expressions

I had to comment on this as well. Back in season one, during Tyrion's stay in the sky cells, there is a scene where his line to Mord is "you're a smart...man". The way Peter Dinklage can integrate his facial movements with his lines when acting is truly the best in the show, if not the business. He wins me over again and again with every passing new episode - truly not just a gifted actor, but a gift. His work is a triumph for anybody with a physical disability, not just little people. Easily one of my favorite actors of all time now.
    Last edited by Gman.45; 04-05-2012 at 02:29 AM.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Gman...

The one that got me is when Cersei talks about the "Greatest joke of all," and he says "She was my mother too!" The way his eyes narrow just a little, and his whole expression screams "keep talking and I will gut you right there you little bitch" was awesome, and I must admit, I geeked out a little

EDIT: This look

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    Last edited by Vagabond142; 04-05-2012 at 07:41 AM.
    Geek

Page 8 of 71 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast