Quantcast
Game of Thrones (TV miniseries) - Page 45 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ... 35 44 45 46 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV miniseries)

Yup. The Arya-Faceless Men storyline was a big waste of time considering it spanned two seasons. Actually, the Essos storyline has been pretty weak thus far.

Originally posted by anarchy
    And what did Sexy Jesus mean when he said "A girl is finally no one"? How?! Arya just killed his apprentice and is leaving the Faceless Men because she's Arya Stark and is ready to go home. In what way does that make her finally no one?!
    /rant
    I was confused by this scene as well when I saw it. She firmly renounced the entire cult, said she was leaving, killed his only other follower, declared that she was Arya, not "no one", and then Jacquin was like "ok good job, now you're no one" haha. What??

Arya and Bran's story lines have been shit IMHO. I haven't read the books though so all I have to go on is the shows.

My Ride
    '93 CYM FD3S

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

I was confused by this scene as well when I saw it. She firmly renounced the entire cult, said she was leaving, killed his only other follower, declared that she was Arya, not "no one", and then Jacquin was like "ok good job, now you're no one" haha. What??
    When I saw it, the first though that popped into my head was that he never intended her to be a faceless one. When they met she was lost scared and insecure, but had potential to be powerful. All of the trials she went through gave her humility and confidence, not to mention the physical skills she learned.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Fair enough, you've made some good points. I think it was just the way it was set up - with Jaime telling him his story about Cat and Cersei and that suddenly changed Edmure's mind. It was just hard for me to believe because no one has any reason to trust Jaime - he's the fricking Kingslayer. He easily could have had them open the doors and slaughtered them there. Edmure already states right then that he has zero trust for Jaime so why would he believe that Jaime would let his people live, let alone let him go to raise his family at Casterly Rock.
    IIRC, Tywin's policy was to never harm anyone surrendering. Otherwise, no one would ever surrender to them. Maybe Edmure is aware of this fact. I don't think it was a matter of Edmure believing Jaime, it's the logical thing to do. Don't surrender, guaranteed blood. Surrender, they might get away with their heads in tact, they might not. At least there is a chance they will live without bloodshed.

One thing to note - she hasn't learned to change faces yet, right? At least not on her own I don't think. Anyways, a huge disappointment.
    I believe she has. Didn't she do it with Ser Meryn?
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Originally posted by mobius

When I saw it, the first though that popped into my head was that he never intended her to be a faceless one. When they met she was lost scared and insecure, but had potential to be powerful. All of the trials she went through gave her humility and confidence, not to mention the physical skills she learned.
    This was my take on it as well. She was unsure of herself and what she had wanted. Not to mention, she has people marked for death but was in a vulnerable position. Jaqen basically spent two seasons helping her achieve a sense of identity and at the same time train her to be a killer and serve the many faced God. As long as someone is killed to serve, in this case the Waif, the God is satisfied. Putting her in a position of power and confidence and the skill to start crossing people off her list, she is serving the house in a way.

Again, I think the way Jaqen looked at her pretty much says he knew all along and was like 'Finally, you're done. Get outta here and start killing folks'.

My Ride
    Toyota’s

Originally posted by JordanEG6

This was my take on it as well. She was unsure of herself and what she had wanted. Not to mention, she has people marked for death but was in a vulnerable position. Jaqen basically spent two seasons helping her achieve a sense of identity and at the same time train her to be a killer and serve the many faced God. As long as someone is killed to serve, in this case the Waif, the God is satisfied. Putting her in a position of power and confidence and the skill to start crossing people off her list, she is serving the house in a way.

Again, I think the way Jaqen looked at her pretty much says he knew all along and was like 'Finally, you're done. Get outta here and start killing folks'.
    Agreed, the faceless men IIRC are all about killing the oppressors anyway (didn't they get their start killing masters in Valeria or Slavers Bay or something?). Jaqen knows that Arya's list is all oppressive bureaucrats so it's not a stretch to say that he'd want to unleash her fury in Westeros.

Originally posted by JordanEG6

I don't disagree, but the line "a girl is finally no one" makes absolutely no sense given what happened. I have no problem with her training with them for 2 years, it was for good reason, but the way it all played out was either very poorly written, very poorly executed, or both.

And birdman - if I recall from the books, the Faceless Men don't have an agenda, specifically regarding killing oppressors. They just served the Many Faced God and a death is a death, regardless of who they are and whether it's deserved. They're pure assassins.

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

but the way it all played out was either very poorly written, very poorly executed, or both.
    I feel like this season has a very 'made for TV' feel; so many ups and downs and cliffhangers to jerk us around... Doesn't feel like the hard-up gritty series it used to be (no way the Hound would have come back from the dead and joined the convent, only to have his new friends wasted while he was playing lumberjack to fill him with a new cause - GRRM left his ass to die on the rocks and he should be rabbit food).
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

My Ride
    '14 Taco

GRRM left it open if he was dead as well, and there is a likely reference to him being alive by Brienne..

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

While that was a great episode....

Spoiler:

Is it wrong that the dragon-riding portion in the first half was probably my favorite part of the whole thing? Epic music, three dragons in formation, lots of sweeping shots..... awesome
    Geek

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

RAWR!

Originally posted by XylathaneGTR

I feel like this season has a very 'made for TV' feel; so many ups and downs and cliffhangers to jerk us around... Doesn't feel like the hard-up gritty series it used to be (no way the Hound would have come back from the dead and joined the convent, only to have his new friends wasted while he was playing lumberjack to fill him with a new cause - GRRM left his ass to die on the rocks and he should be rabbit food).
    well we'll see what happens in the book, which was basically written by the time the show aired, I'm assuming.

Best episode....finally some great battle scenes. Last couple episodes left me 'meh'

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

Started watching at 7, had to pause and just finished.
    Pretty good episode overall. I also really liked the opening third or so.

Big battle was exciting, several nail biting moments where you wondered what was going to happen... It is GoT after all.

Now to see where it all leads tomorrow, im guessing brianne paddles her boat to Winterfell overnight.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Spoiler:
    Stupid Jon Snow, he still knows nothing. He could have worked with Sansa to win the battle easily. Poor giant man.

It would have been freaking funny to kill off Jon Snow after all.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 02:58 PM.

Who let the dogs out! Who, who, who,who!

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

That was a nail biter of an episode!

Spoiler:
    Forty minutes into the episode, I thought to myself how the Starks can't ever catch a fucking break. I've never been so glad to see Littlefinger's greasy smirk hahaha

The end with Sansa was fucking awesome. The way she was about to turn away, pause, then watch Ramsay get mauled, then smiling as she walked off. He really was the guy you loved to hate.

Finally, some justice for the Starks.

And if Rickon can't figure out how to zig zag, he deserved to die.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Some behind the scenes for episode 9. I won't embed cause of possible spoilers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k0YsrTBEYM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B93k4uhpf7g

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    That was a nail biter of an episode!

Spoiler:

And if Rickon can't figure out how to zig zag, he deserved to die.
    I was thinking the same thing lol.

Spoiler:
    Once Ramsey launches an arrow, all you need to do is juke left or right SLIGHTLY. When he started running straight, I knew it was over.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    That was one of the most epic battles ever depicted on screen. Holy shit!
    I'm assuming you mean the 2nd battle in the episode? I didn't really care for the 1st. Fact is, CGI is just too expensive for TV, even a show like this.

Also, and this is a personal thing, I had a hell of a time focusing on anything, which is maybe the point.

Originally posted by lilmira
    Spoiler:
    Stupid Jon Snow, he still knows nothing. He could have worked with Sansa to win the battle easily. Poor giant man.

It would have been freaking funny to kill off Jon Snow after all.
    Yes, yes it would have.

Spoiler:
    Even though John has shown himself to be mostly level-headed AND with Sansa warning him, he just completely gives in to Ramsey's tactics. Sansa told Jon that Ricon was as good as dead even if he was still alive at that very second. And then for the "hero" commander to just charge in... *sigh*

A comment about Sansa
    Spoiler:
    Why does Sansa hate little finger? Sure he might be greasy, but he has quite literally treated her better than almost everybody, and even shows a hell of a lot more respect for her than Jon does. Jeez, just marry the guy already so you have an army and then go cheat on him, he runs brothels FFS, not like he'll give a crap

Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ... 35 44 45 46 55 ... LastLast