Quantcast
Game of Thrones (TV miniseries) - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (TV miniseries)

My Ride
    06 S2000

So I'm curious how many of you read the second book already? Or any of the books. IIRC there's lots of boobs in the books, and they don't usually go into too much detail about the battles themselves, except for key points.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    fg2

Originally posted by colsankey
    Liked the episode, but did anyone else feel a little cheated at the fade to black battle? I'm feeling like its just cheaper to film boobies than even a brief action scene and the shows suffering for it.

And by the 7, Joffrey's a #$%^. That is all for this week.
    ive pretty much given up hope on seeing any cool big battles in this show.

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

Not sure if you're referring to me, but I've read all the books several times now.

As for the boobs, there was definately alot of T&A in the books, but they've definately "HBO'ed" up some of these episodes.

The Ros & Littlefinger - finger bang scene might be the worst offender for "made up". But while watching, I keep thinking to myself how big this world is and they only have ~10 episodes a season. I would way rather see more of the story and characters or a super short but well done action scene than a random sex scene.

they don't usually go into too much detail about the battles themselves

Funny you should say this after bringing up the 2nd book, which has about 30 pages of description regarding the battle of Blackwater Bay. A rather large exception to your hypothesis I would wager.

The books certainly give more detail than the HBO series does regarding the battles, and yes, the Blackwater battle is a bit of an exception being quite a bit longer than most of the battles in the books. I would say that the Night's Watch battle on the fist has a fair bit of detail as well.

If you go to the westeros website run by GRRM's friends, the forums have a lot of posts from extras and people in the know who have claimed that the lions share of the special effects and extra's budget went into episode 9 which will feature none other than the battle of BWB. I'll be convinced once we see it - if they do another deal sort of like Tyrion getting on a horse and saying "let's sortie and kill them all KINGS LANDING YAAAAARG", then fading to black then back to the battle being over, I may throw something at my TV.

Where can I watch Season 2 online? I just finished season 1.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    66 Accord

Originally posted by VWEvo
    Where can I watch Season 2 online? I just finished season 1.
    If you have movie central HBO press on demand for shaw remote and go to movie central/HBO to watch episodes

Originally posted by narou

If you have movie central HBO press on demand for shaw remote and go to movie central/HBO to watch episodes
    Worked like a charm, thanks.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    X5

Just from a production standpoint, the amount of work they are doing with each show, I'd expect that HBO is spending a shitload of money on just what is being produced right now. If they had to add the scenes in for the battles, im sure their budget would skyrocket and frankly, for a TV show, I dont think they have enough time to shoot huge battle scenes and make it fit neatly into the 1 hour episode.

My Ride
    fg2

Originally posted by Marsh
    Just from a production standpoint, the amount of work they are doing with each show, I'd expect that HBO is spending a shitload of money on just what is being produced right now. If they had to add the scenes in for the battles, im sure their budget would skyrocket and frankly, for a TV show, I dont think they have enough time to shoot huge battle scenes and make it fit neatly into the 1 hour episode.
    true. i dont really expect a big brave heart style battle every episode. but it would be nice to see a little more action at least once and a while.

Does anyone else think the show sucks so far after reading the books? I gotta go back and read chapter summaries cuz I swear most of the shit never even happened. Then half of it gets skipped, i feel sorry for ppl trying to actually figure out what is going on.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Yeah I've been wanting to go back to the book and see how things actually played out. I mean I read the second book a few months ago but I'm hoping my memory isn't that bad!

But I definitely thought the Bathareon heirachy was Stannis -> Robert -> Renly but someone here mentioned that wasn't the case so who knows
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

they are straying from the books HUGE, but on the upside, you get to see Natalia Tena nude.

i really am not surprised, it is hard to keep a general audience to pay attention to so many plot lines, so they really have to have something going on all the time with every character to keep people from changing the channel.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    STi

I'd expect them to cut out alot seeing how detailed the books are. I'm surprised they cut out Jojen and Meera Reed altogether.

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

I wondered tonight how they were going to link that story up.

Spoiler:

Also, didnt Cat not see Robb until he was married?

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Yes, the show strays from the books. But, remember, George RR Martin is an executive producer, I'm fairly sure changes and such made for television flow (which is a lot stricter than prose flow) are done with his blessings.

They do have the BASIS of the books in the seasons... but they are being made for visual entertainment, not literary, so I am perfectly fine with the changes being made.
    Geek

Remember that the HBO series is billed as an "adaptation" of the novels, so some differences are to be expected.

The man himself George-y Porridge-y wrote the 9th Episode "Blackwater", where most of this years budget was spent for the as previously discussed battle of the Bay. I have high hopes for this episode.

My Ride
    '03 ep3

This season is disappointing, so many deviations from the book is almost making this unwatchable.

I have a hard time understanding how Bran's storyline after he leaves Winterfell will come together without Jojen and Meera. Considering how close Ned and Howland Reed were in the books it just seems silly to leave them out.

But, the writers scripted Drogo killing Mako in the first season which never happened. George R R Martin warned them that he would be back in a Dance with Dragons so I guess they really don't care....
    Last edited by SmAcKpOo; 05-09-2012 at 02:29 PM.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 05:17 AM.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I find the pace of this season a lot slower than the last... or at least harder to follow. My wife, who loved the first season has all but given up on this season. I am still watching though. We need more than 1 episode per week.. haha

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Benyl... she only needs hold out until Episode 9

I honestly like the pacing. They are giving Aria the screen time she deserves, because later on in the (book) series she becomes one of THE most important characters in the entire, convoluted, twisted story.
    Geek

Page 10 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast